Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Racelogic testing stock vs stage 2

Borrowing a friends race logic. What speeds would you record? I was thinking a 40-80 third gear or 60-100 fourth gear hit. What parameters would you set?

OP
B
Thread Starter #2
If anyone cares my results:

87 stock 6.5
93 stage 1 intake ma performance 6.5
93 stage 2 map intercooler added 6.3
E30 6 flat

That's doing a typical roll from 3 rd

Hmmm, why would a Stage 1 93 Tune be the same as Stock 87? Doesn't make sense. What RPM are you starting at?

87 stock 6.5
E30 6 flat

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
3rd gear pull. From 2k to redline. To be fair it was different times and roads. Highways in Miami. Let's say .2 give or take. More of fact vs "butt dyno" V dyno..it was shocking to me. It takes out driver mistakes. I don't regret the money spent on my mods. It f else way faster but not as much as one would think. 40-80 mph

Hmm, I see. If anything, it appears that the e30 tune gives the most significant improvement. .5 sec is noticeable. Good to know. BTW, why did you run 87 on stock tune?

3rd gear pull. From 2k to redline. To be fair it was different times and roads. Highways in Miami. Let's say .2 give or take. More of fact vs "butt dyno" V dyno..it was shocking to me. It takes out driver mistakes. I don't regret the money spent on my mods. It f else way faster but not as much as one would think. 40-80 mph

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
87 was bone stock. It might be weather related. Less hot or humid? I'm in Miami. So that's why I say margin of error of .2 here and there.

87 was bone stock. It might be weather related. Less hot or humid? I'm in Miami. So that's why I say margin of error of .2 here and there.
I don't think many people realize a stock FiST is "Tuned" for o my 87 octane. Anything above that is wasted. Which is completely nuts being a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio and turbo charged running 87 octane IMO lol.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I don't think many people realize a stock FiST is "Tuned" for o my 87 octane. Anything above that is wasted. Which is completely nuts being a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio and turbo charged running 87 octane IMO lol.

You're entirely wrong, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rhinopolis

3rd gear pull. From 2k to redline. To be fair it was different times and roads. Highways in Miami. Let's say .2 give or take. More of fact vs "butt dyno" V dyno..it was shocking to me. It takes out driver mistakes. I don't regret the money spent on my mods. It f else way faster but not as much as one would think.[/B] 40-80 [/B]mph
Are you saying that a 3rd gear run from 40-80 mph starts at 2k rpms?

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
Yes. I will borrow my buddies Racelogic and do some testing on the x-37. I am going to install it either Monday or Tuesday. I am planning on doing some hit when the 93 is finished and the E30 tune is done. I just rolled on it in third gear. I wanted to negate any shifting/driving error. Not a sexy number for this car but it's a constant and repeatable test.

You're entirely wrong, lol.

About what? I was wrong about 10.5, it's 10 which is still high for a turboed car, most being 9 or 9.5. The factory manual recommends 87 octane, the ECU can "learn" to use a higher octane but only gives like 5hp. Either way, it's nice 87 is an option but a pretty ridiculous one for this car. So what am I entirely wrong about?

Siestarider

I have used my AP to log acceleration by comparing a standard full throttle rpm delta with time delta, its a lot more accurate than trying to film dash data. AP can also log vehicle speed if you prefer that. I have use that parameter for coast down testing of aero mods.

Rhinopolis

I have used my AP to log acceleration by comparing a standard full throttle rpm delta with time delta, its a lot more accurate than trying to film dash data. AP can also log vehicle speed if you prefer that. I have use that parameter for coast down testing of aero mods.
I like metrics above and beyond butt dyno. The car definitely feels stronger with the x37 on E30, and I want to provide good data to quantify it.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
About what? I was wrong about 10.5, it's 10 which is still high for a turboed car, most being 9 or 9.5. The factory manual recommends 87 octane, the ECU can "learn" to use a higher octane but only gives like 5hp. Either way, it's nice 87 is an option but a pretty ridiculous one for this car. So what am I entirely wrong about?

I guess we'll just go back to your original post-
First off, the FiST is not only tuned for 'o my' (only?) 87 octane so anything above that is definitely not wasted, though you almost noted that in your response to me. The current generation of ECU's and tuning utilize an Octane Adjustment Ratio modifier that allows an increase or decrease of timing based on knock sensor feedback. This tuning allows 87 to be utilized just as safely as 91 octane but also allows for a dyno-proven increase in power for those that choose to use a higher grade.

You also noted that you're wrong in the compression ratio you originally listed. In fact, if you read your response to me and then read your original post you'll realize that you already agreed that you were wrong about everything you originally said, minus the fact that it's turbocharged.

dyn085

2000 Post Club

87 stock 6.5
E30 6 flat

Do you have any actual data to share or just the numbers? I'm also curious as to how both an increase in tuning along with fuel grade could only be 'equal' to stock tune on the lowest grade.

^ This. Significantly more accurate than pretty much anything else available. I use time vs rpm personally, which should be trimmed based on initial WOT and lift-off.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
the ECU can "learn" to use a higher octane but only gives like 5hp. Either way, it's nice 87 is an option but a pretty ridiculous one for this car. So what am I entirely wrong about?
You are incorrect in your statement that adding more octane/better fuel to the car is a waste. The MED ECU is very adaptable.

See data I collected just recently here:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...2016-Fiesta-ST?p=170901&viewfull=1#post170901

Most notable, 100% stock, 100% stock tune on 91 octane Vs. the same with two gallons or so of E85 put in:

OP
B
Thread Starter #18
Sadly, just the numbers. I borrowed the Racelogic and started comparing times. Maybe it's a hard test for this car? Maybe the open air filter was hear soaked? There are many variables but end of the day I couldn't get the car to go under that time. I thought the times would be more impressive myself. The Racelogic is the ultimate standard when it comes to recording speed. I thought it would be interesting to test the same car with different mods without driver error.

Siestarider

You are incorrect in your statement that adding more octane/better fuel to the car is a waste. The MED ECU is very adaptable.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...2016-Fiesta-ST?p=170901&viewfull=1#post170901

Most notable, 100% stock, 100% stock tune on 91 octane Vs. the same with two gallons or so of E85 put in:

I fully expected your thread to elicit wailing knashing of teeth and vendors leaping out high rise office windows. If any hard mod available were to show that level of performance improvement it would be priced in the $K's.

The lack of response reminds me why prophets in their own milieu are dismissed by the herd.

dyn085

2000 Post Club

I've really missed having you around here. Very glad you're back.

I fully expected your thread to elicit wailing knashing of teeth and vendors leaping out high rise office windows. If any hard mod available were to show that level of performance improvement it would be priced in the $K's.

The lack of response reminds me why prophets in their own milieu are dismissed by the herd.
I have so many comments yet don't even know where to start. This community has been frustrating in so many ways.