Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

91 vs. 93 octane OTS maps.

I Installed the 93 map on my stock fiST yesterday...huge improvement over stock,car pulls very hard,but can't grip until 3rd...too of second spins hard from a 40 roll....but I was smiling the whole time.i will update once I try 91 map with 93 octane.

OP
S
Thread Starter #22
Nice, let me know your results from the ECO map. I might try that also. Mine should be here sometime next week hopefully.
Haven't tried it yet...no road trips anytime soon and I categorically refuse to use it in day to day driving. Neutering the car is not something I want to do unless I have to.

Any update on the 91 map on 93 gas SpooledUpST?
We'll...it's a tough call. I think the 93 octane on 91 map helps but as I've posted on at least 2 other threads, I feel as though the spool characteristics are all whack. I'll wot and the boost spikes at 22 psi, I get a big hiccup where it feels like I lost spool as the waste gate adjusts and then settle at around 20.5 psi. It's really disconcerting and causes me to hesitate sometimes for fear of overrevving the turbo. Idk why it's happening I don't remember this issue with the 93 octane map.

Please can anyone comment and tell me I'm not imagining things!!!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I plan on installing mine this weekend and just doing 93 map on 93. I don't want to mess with anything. Thanks for the input!

OP
S
Thread Starter #24
I'm about to gas up...93 as usual but I'll be flashing back to 93 map as I've been running 91 map lately. I miss the rabid, I want to kill you character of the 93 map versus the more refined, boosted "stock like" delivery of the 91 map. I want FSWerks maps but didn't buy the AP through them. Anyone know how to get them? Call and beg? Pay out my brown eye? Help?

Also has anyone had any weird issue with the 91 map on 93 octane running into the boost spike I've been feeling then settling back down to around 20.5 psi? I've posted about this a few times and it seems no one has noticed. You get a massive spool, then a hiccup, then the car settles to around 20.5 psi. ANYONE NOTICE THIS YET??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? <------------- THERE! Now you can't ignore me *evil laugh*

I'm about to gas up...93 as usual but I'll be flashing back to 93 map as I've been running 91 map lately. I miss the rabid, I want to kill you character of the 93 map versus the more refined, boosted "stock like" delivery of the 91 map. I want FSWerks maps but didn't buy the AP through them. Anyone know how to get them? Call and beg? Pay out my brown eye? Help?

Also has anyone had any weird issue with the 91 map on 93 octane running into the boost spike I've been feeling then settling back down to around 20.5 psi? I've posted about this a few times and it seems no one has noticed. You get a massive spool, then a hiccup, then the car settles to around 20.5 psi. ANYONE NOTICE THIS YET??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? <------------- THERE! Now you can't ignore me *evil laugh*
There are some members who have experienced the same thing and I think Cobb knows about it...check Pelotonracer2 build thread

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The problem isn't on 93 on 93 maps. From how it sounds the problem is when people run the 93 map on 91 octane. I haven't heard any problems with people running 93 and 93. That's what I run and it's amazing. No problems yet. I couldn't be wrong though.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Some folks have had issues with 93 maps on so called pump 93 oct fuel .. That said I am going to give the 93 maps a try since I have now found a staion in town that sells 110 oct fuel.. figure a 50/50 mix of that and our so called 91 oct winter blend should be safe .. :)

OP
S
Thread Starter #30
Some folks have had issues with 93 maps on so called pump 93 oct fuel .. That said I am going to give the 93 maps a try since I have now found a staion in town that sells 110 oct fuel.. figure a 50/50 mix of that and our so called 91 oct winter blend should be safe .. :)
110??? Could you send me a few drum fulls? How much do they want per gallon?? I'm thinking of mixing some 93 and kerosene lol. Don't think my engine would approve tho. I remember the old Trabant 603s we used to have in Romania during the days of communism. 2 cycle engines that could run nearly anything you put in them...gasoline, kerosene, toluene, high test vodka mixed with paint thinner. People used to mix up fuel cocktails in bath tubs in their garages as it was so hard to find gas and if there was any the ration cards only allowed you a scant few litres to last you the month. I vividly remember the huge blue plumes of smoke coming out of the exhausts of those things that would linger long after they passed by and choked you to death. &#55357;&#56861;

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
110??? Could you send me a few drum fulls? How much do they want per gallon?? I'm thinking of mixing some 93 and kerosene lol. Don't think my engine would approve tho. I remember the old Trabant 603s we used to have in Romania during the days of communism. 2 cycle engines that could run nearly anything you put in them...gasoline, kerosene, toluene, high test vodka mixed with paint thinner. People used to mix up fuel cocktails in bath tubs in their garages as it was so hard to find gas and if there was any the ration cards only allowed you a scant few litres to last you the month. I vividly remember the huge blue plumes of smoke coming out of the exhausts of those things that would linger long after they passed by and choked you to death. ��
LOL I think it is 110 or maybe it was 100 I will have to go look when I fill up it is after all "ONLY" 7.50 a gal ;)

Yea about the people having problems with certain maps and octane, I really think most who have had issues are those who have more than just an intake. For right now these Cobbs only come with a Stage 1 map, so if u have intake,exhaust,downpipe it won't perform right,they need a stage 2 map to adjust the timing and what not. I think a stock FIST with an intake at the most will run fine 93map with 93 fuel. I will def post how mine runs with an intake(ignore sig till then,lil excited) by Thursday night,hopefully.

-ry

OP
S
Thread Starter #33
Mine is doing running like I said with just AP and drop in filter. I got the filter first and ran it on stock mapping. Then got the AP and ran 93 tune. I always run 93 octane in my tank...and it ran like a rabid squirrel! Then swapped to 91 map on 91 octane (emptied tank so I could get max 91 fuel stuffed in). Wasn't terribly impressed but it was quicker. Then emptied tank again and been running 91 map on 93 octane for 3 weeks. Now I notice the boost spike and it drive me up the ************ing wall. It's so slight and only takes a second to settle but I'm OCD and I notice weird little things. Switching back to 93 in the AM tmrw as I need to fuel up and see exactly how it does...Also want to check out a few others' claims that 93 is 1.5 seconds slower in 6th from 50 - 70 mph. I don't doubt it as power delivery on 91 map is near stock but I just have to know so 91 will be the map for.the next 3 weeks...comparo to follow. BMW happy belated St. Patty's to all u Irish mugs on the forum...I was gonna post this last night but I was too fried...today seems to not.be any different &#55357;&#56906;&#55357;&#56906;

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I don't know about all this switching maps and using different maps with different gas. All I know is I'm running 93 and 93, and love it! So downshifting in 6th, and every gear up to 6th is ridiculous. I'm extremely happy with that combo.

I don't know about all this switching maps and using different maps with different gas. All I know is I'm running 93 and 93, and love it! So downshifting in 6th, and every gear up to 6th is ridiculous. I'm extremely happy with that combo.
Good to hear,I'm hoping I have no problems. I plan on running 93 on 93.

-ry

OP
S
Thread Starter #36
Jeez I gotta stop posting when I'm drinking...it all made sense when I wrote my post but rereading it today...not so much lol.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Jeez I gotta stop posting when I'm drinking...it all made sense when I wrote my post but rereading it today...not so much lol.
Lol I do the same thing when I take my sleep aids .. Think it is funny as snit the wake up to find I look silly .. Thought it was just me .
This week I think I will give the 93 oct map a try with a blend of 91-100plus oct gas.

OP
S
Thread Starter #40
You may be right. Let us know how it goes. I'm flashing to 93 map as I type. Afraid I won't be able to use all of it though as its been raining in Cincinnati. Can't wait til the summer rubber goes back on in a few weeks!