Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

91 vs. 93 octane OTS maps.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
yup should be able to find it here at this linky

Accessport Manager

System Requirements:

Windows: XP 32 (not 64bit), Vista (32 or 64bit), Windows 7 (32 or 64bit), or Windows 8 (32 or 64bit).
Older Accessports must be updated on Windows 8.0 (or older) computer before connecting to 8.1
OSX: 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 (on Intel machines only)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Is it really necessary to run a FMIC for stage 2? I know it says it on Cobb but I definitely plan on getting an intake, but I'm not sure if I want to go with a FMIC or not.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
A turbo back exhaust for Stage 3 but not Stage2 to if I recall. but a Cat back just adds a fun factor to the sweet music this car plays under load ;)

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I wonder why they are so adamant about people needing the IC for stage 2. Ive heard from a couple sources now that our stock intercooler does a decent job. I'm kind of inclined to believe that, just look at peoples dyno graphs, all of the runs are so similar and I'm sure that's probably because the intercooler is doing a good job of not heat soaking.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's exactly what I'm hearing also. When stage 2 does drop I'm going to get it and run it with the tune and just the intake. I think will be fine.

Back to updating the firmware, you just plug you AP up, open the program, and update?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
That's exactly what I'm hearing also. When stage 2 does drop I'm going to get it and run it with the tune and just the intake. I think will be fine.

Back to updating the firmware, you just plug you AP up, open the program, and update?
Yes on the firmware if it does not then do it auto then have it look for updates manually . Also you need your PC to be connected to the internet to access COBB's site . but that almost an assumed thing like you need thhe pc turned on too .. LOL

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yeah, that's what I thought. I saw when you open the program manager there's a spot where it says "update" at the top of the little screen. I guess it just checks for updates automatically when plugged in. I'll check it on Tuesday; that's when it's released correct?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
That is my best Guess next tuesday from what I gleamed from other sources ..

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I wonder why they are so adamant about people needing the IC for stage 2. Ive heard from a couple sources now that our stock intercooler does a decent job. I'm kind of inclined to believe that, just look at peoples dyno graphs, all of the runs are so similar and I'm sure that's probably because the intercooler is doing a good job of not heat soaking.
I have also heard that the heat soak issues with the Focus ST's stock inter-cooler even at stock power levels is much less applicable to the Fiesta ST's stock inter-cooler. Edmund's dyno'ing FoST and FiST back to back found that the FoST was inconsistent in the amount of power made due to heat soak, but the FiST was very consistent with back to back runs very close to each other, my own experience so far has pointed to the latter.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I have also heard that the heat soak issues with the Focus ST's stock inter-cooler even at stock power levels is much less applicable to the Fiesta ST's stock inter-cooler. Edmund's dyno'ing FoST and FiST back to back found that the FoST was inconsistent in the amount of power made due to heat soak, but the FiST was very consistent with back to back runs very close to each other, my own experience so far has pointed to the latter.
Ya I saw that video and read that article. I think the weak link is the piping. The IC may not be REALLY needed until you go BT. I'm sure it'll smooth out/improve flow, but as of right now my personal opinion is that its not really needed.

OP
S
Thread Starter #79
No but I keep checking the site every few hours....really hope it does go down today. Wonder how much different the v1.01 maps will be. I'll be very keen to compare. I wanna see some dyno charts side by side against the v1.00s.