Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

91 vs. 93 octane OTS maps.

OP
S
Thread Starter #101
Yea an RMM is a must for our car. I went out yesterday to burn half a tank and have some fun and ended up slapping my firewall 3 times. Really would help clean up the shifts too. Hopefully COBB will release one soon cuz it's freaking me out. I keep thinking I'll end up with my motor in my lap soon.

Also I've been all over the COBB website today waiting on the new maps...anyone got any dirt on when they'll be uploaded?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Nope, I've been waiting on that as well.
Last week they said they would announce/release something on (today) the 31st. So I have been checking the site about every hour lol

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Why are you guys seeing the updates on their website? When I go there it's just the tuning part. I don't see any news/press or any sort of those things.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh wow, I've never actually clicked on "Products." I normally just click on Ford then go over the Fiesta. It doesn't bring up that News screen when you do it that way. Thanks.

And I'm not seeing any new maps..

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Ya I saw that. Wasn't sure if the 1.01 came out today, or what. I usually only look for new maps not updates haha

OP
S
Thread Starter #110
I can't understand did they forget to type up the update info. I still don't see v1.01 and my.phone won't recognize .ptm files. V have u uploaded and run the the new maps yet? And how are you sure they're the updated maps?

I can't understand did they forget to type up the update info. I still don't see v1.01 and my.phone won't recognize .ptm files. V have u uploaded and run the the new maps yet? And how are you sure they're the updated maps?
Yes, i just Updated my AP, i still can't see then new notes. Also flashed 91 101 Map, ill be running it with 93 gas. Update took some time, usually map changes are quick but this was just like the first time when you install it, about 7 8 min. I'll be driving home soon , i will let yo guys know. I'll try to flash 93 map also.

I tried both 93 and 91 maps with 93 octane gas. To be honest v101 91 map feels little less powerful then 100 version some tiny lag in 4th 5th 6th gears. Very close to stock but throttle is still better then stock.

V101 93 map on 93 octane gas feels lot better then v100 version. No more crazy im gonna Kill kind of response. Power delivery is Lot linear then before, for now ill use v101 93 map and ill let ECU to learn.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
" In short, the v101 introduces a new timing strategy along with optimization to other areas.

Cheers,

-Braden @ COBB"

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Now this is my first time with an Accessport but with all the 101 versions of all the maps now available can I delete the 100 versions? Like the valet and anti theft?

And I obviously keep the stage0 v100, correct? Since that has my original ECU map on it.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Stage 0 is a COBB map also your orignal tune is stored someplace else in the tuner (AP) you can NOT get to it very easy and it is always there for you so you can delete what ever you want and if you want them again redownload from COBB's website or just save them to a diff file on the home pc type device ...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Okay, thanks. I just put the new Stage 93 101 on my AP and I'll be flashing the car tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to fill the difference people are speaking of.

OP
S
Thread Starter #119
Well I flashed last night to 93 v1.01 from 93 v1.00. The remarks about the loss of rabid power delivery is true and feels like a more aggressive version of the 91 v1.01. I have to say I like it tremendously and you can feel the extra pull in all gears especially 6th where I had started being a bit underwhelmed with the lack of throttle vs. go ratio. I laid on it today and it really picks up now. Was surprised how effortlessly I went from 70 to 95 with just a tiny squeeze. Kinda surprised a few dicks trying to keep me from merging onto my exit. Learning over the next few days should be interesting as the ecu only got 15 minutes of it today. School will resume after 2 pm for another 15 minute lesson.

I think you guys with intakes should definitely be in for a treat given the extra air flow. One thing I did notice today was that unlike on v1.00 maps, the diverted valve isn't as loud if you are using a stock air box with panel filter. A bit sad about that boohoo. Looking forward to feedback from all you guys soon.

Cheers