Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

91 vs. 93 octane OTS maps.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
How do you install the original stock map? I thought the stage 0 was your original stock map.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Revert back to Stock on the AP which you would need to unpair or unmarry the AP from the Car ..

OP
S
Thread Starter #126
It's not a night and day performance hike but it makes the 93 tune much smoother. I like it...but to each his own. Anyway the rabid feeling on the butt dyno probably translates to slower initial acceleration versus the more even and polished v1.01. Just my thoughts you'd really have to test them with a vbox back to back with a pro driver at the wheel.

Ran the hell out of the car this afternoon running errands. Good combo of highway and city and again I was happy but I need more power and a stiff RMM as I'm ******** footing my shifts a bit since Sunday. Why can't COBB hurry up and take my money?

Ok so I just ran out and gave map 93 v101 a try. It's nice,it's definitely isn't the 100 map,it's more smoother. As far as deleting maps I just added the one 93 v101 map in my accessport and still left all the stock maps it came with. So yea it will hold more maps in our acessport , I don't know how many,but right now I have everything Cobb sent it with plus the 93 v101 map. I can't compare the new 93 v101 map to the old 91 v100 map bc I never ran it(was always running the 93 v100 map).
I don't know how much I like it yet bc I really like the "balls to the wall" map that 93 v100 was and prob will go back,just me I guess bc even with the intake and 93 v100 map I was wanting more power [}:)]. I also noticed in the Cobb "torque" gauge I was losing 30-40 tq with the new 93v101 map. On the 93v100 map on brisk nights I would spike to 270 and stay at 260tq,now with the new 93v101 map I'm peaking 230 and staying at 220.Not so happy about that.

But I did read somewhere that when comparing 91 and 93 v100 maps the 91 had more horsepower and the 93 had more torque. Maybe now with the new 93v101 map it is producing more horsepower and less torque? Sorry if I babbled a lot.kinda in a rush,and wanted to give my feedback ASAP.

There's no need to tune back to stock-uninstall Cobb. I just installed the new 93v101 map into my Cobb and switched from 93v100map to 93v101map. In case anyone was wondering.

Yea I'm prob going back to 93v100 map.

-ry

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Damn, maybe I won't put the new 93 map in then. I like how it runs now, especially if you have torque loss with numbers to back it out.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Ah so I do have to uninstall the AP for the factory flash! Why didnt anyone just say that sheesh lok

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Also.... Flashed to 93map v1.01 and my "oct adj ratio lrn" is at "0.00" where it used to be "-0.00". Is that a problem?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So now I'm confused. What's the difference between the Stage0 map and unpairing the AP correctly from you car?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
So now I'm confused. What's the difference between the Stage0 map and unpairing the AP correctly from you car?
I couldve sworn Cobb said a while back the stage 0 is the stock flash and its no different than the one that came with your car.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's what I thought also. The way I understood it is that map, Stage0, was the map that the AP installed to the AP when you first plugged it into the car. And it stated, "Saving factory ECU."

That's what I thought. What else could the Stage0 be? Then unpairing it just completing deletes the AP from your ECU.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
That's what I thought also. The way I understood it is that map, Stage0, was the map that the AP installed to the AP when you first plugged it into the car. And it stated, "Saving factory ECU."

That's what I thought. What else could the Stage0 be? Then unpairing it just completing deletes the AP from your ECU.
COBB Tuning, v100.00 -- Stage0 v100 - Installed Stock Mode map for an otherwise stock 2014 Fiesta ST (B299ST). Uses stock values for conditions when you need the vehicle's ECU to act like it is still stock. DOES NOT UNINSTALL AP FROM THE ECU.

So it acts like a stock tune but it is not .. Not sure if this matters unless you go to the dealership and they reflash your ECU. I have no idea what that would mean to your AP maybe nothing But I would ask COBB on that ..

Update: ok quick update from me after running the car with the new 93v101 map. I was coming from the 93v100 map and on my last post was saying how I noticed a decrease in tq as much as 40. Well I guess the ecu had to learn the new software bc last night and now it stays back up around 250 and some spikes as much as 260tq,I'm also noticing like another member had said more power in the higher gears. I'm gonna stick with this 93v101 map for now,I think Cobb did a good job with smoothing out the power and timing,it feeeels goood [perfect10].

-ry