Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Buying a New Fiesta ST

Hey everyone!

I am in the process of researching/buying a new Fiesta ST in Southern California and of course am trying to get the best deal possible. Does anyone have any tips or dealers to try? What's a good price? I am not too set on any specific options other than Orange and painted wheels. I guess I am just looking for any tips that will help me not walk out of the dealer with a sore rear end.

Thanks!

Mention invoice price and go from there if you can drop that then ur good. Also tell them about the 2,000 they give you
Its a promo there having and you can use that as a down. They wont tell you about it unless you speak up.

Look at Ford.com shopping tools to help show the current incentives. It looks like there's a $1000 local incentive and a $1000 national incentive right now, or you can do $1000 and 0% for 60 months, which is about the same overall savings assuming you have excellent credit.

Separate from all that is the negotiated price you and your dealer agree on. Make them work for their money, you should be able to get near Invoice [which is different than dealer purchase price and holdback]. Even if you negotiate the sale at Invoice the dealers is still making good money on the deal. Anything more than that and you're not getting a good deal. IMO it's savvy to use dealerships off each other to force them to earn your business. Do not under any cirucmstances let them know you want or need a specific vehicle they have in-stock, merely that you're willing to settle for that car and it's not your first choice. They'll try every trick in the book to lure the cash out of your pocket, fight back with similar tactics to prevent being scammed.

Obviously the add-ons like paint protection and extended warranties are pure dealership profit. It's not like you're buying a DCT base Fiesta or a VW Phaeton that needs repair constantly.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the responses! I will make sure to do my research

Jeff

Definitely don't be afraid to look around and pit dealerships against each other. If you have a Costco membership (may need to be executive) you can get a pretty solid deal as well if need be. My local dealership does $300 under invoice plus the $1000 rebate. Currently it's cheaper for me to go with a few other options I've found but it's a great starting place if you need one. Also take a look at other high volume dealerships, they're likely to have lower prices. Once you find one that's within driving distance you can use that to your advantage.

Truecar is a good resource to start with. Submit where you live and they give a decent representation of a good deal. Use this number to start with dealers. Any dealer unwilling to even match - walk. I worked at one of the largest dealers in America for 2 years....any dealer that is serious about earning your business will match that price. From there take your list of dealers and work against each. Buy the cheapest car and look at for hidden fees. I prefer to work off of an OTD number but with financing it gets tricky. Dealers get a nice little kick back if you finance. My biggest advice: DONT fall in love with a specific car. Treat it like business. Never let them know you really like a specific unit. Good luck

If you know what your looking for I can find the exact car you want, not all dealerships are "Costco" dealers but will say they are. I 2016's are wearing a little thin and 17's are not hitting dealerships yet. I can work up numbers just let me know what you are looking for.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Hey All,

This was from a few months ago and I since have purchased one. It was a pain in the butt as usual with car dealers which sucks but I got close to what I wanted to pay for one. They actually FINALLY offered me the deal we had agreed on before I even went to the dealer, but they screwed me over at the end with some stupid security package while I was signing the papers. At that point I was done and figured close enough (I am sure this was all part of the game). Ultimately they lost out on a customer because I will NEVER buy or recommend them ever as long as I live.

Some dealerships are better then others at pushing aftermarket products (warranty, pre paid service, lojack) , I used to work at ford dealer in San Jose and now Im new to the Valley so trying to build some clients out here. I can work numbers for anyone looking.

pba300

I have been looking at these cars for the past couple of weeks. Local dealer has a black one that I test drove. Recaro package, moon roof, back camera. they are at $23,547 + tax and won't come down any more. I'm not fond of black cars. And that is with the friends and family pricing. Ugh. If I drive 132 miles to another dealer, they have a kona blue with the same package + the black glossy wheels for $20,590 + tax. That price was given over the phone without me visiting the dealership. Currently I'm driving a 2015 25th Anniversary Mazda Miata.....there's only 100 of them in the U.S. Both cars are fun to drive. Can't decide if I want to trade or not....ugh

I like the Kona blue on black wheels. Seems like that dealership is more willing to work with you as well. As for the Miata v. FiST debate, that's tough. I dig the Miata and it sounds like you have a pretty special one there. That said, my ultimate reason for purchasing a FiST over any other vehicle is that it's incredible fun and it's got a pretty sizable amount of room in it. The Recaro seats may have helped to haha.