Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Only $250 off plus $1000 incentive

I test drove a used 2015 to check it out. When we got down to ordering one the most they would come down is $250 off the sticker price plus the $1000 incentive. He said they only make $500 on the Fiesta ST's. Does anyone know if that is correct? I did not order it yet. I don't want to get ripped off.

Have a local Costco? Mine gets me $300 under invoice. I'd call him and ask if they can reduce the price more if you're a costco membership, find out what that is and go get a membership if it can help some more.

OP
Jim88GT
Thread Starter #5
After taking The ST for a test drive it left me confused. The steering and handling was awesome! The shifter is butter! The car fit me good like it was made for me. When we got back all I could think was I need this car. But where is the power and torque? I was not looking at the tach and that may be part of it. It only seemed to pull when the pedal was to the floor. Coming out of a turn and feeding it some gas and it felt a little flat. I am thinking it is because I am not used to the car and need to get the RPMs up to get into the power. I can see where even a stage 1 tune can wake the ST up.

OP
Jim88GT
Thread Starter #6
I do have a Costco membership. Can I ues it if I have the car ordered or is it only good for cars on the lot?

My dealer made it sound like its good for ordering, lot, or leasing but you'll get a base price probably not something that's reduced by time sitting on a lot. The only downside is Costco works with dealers in a region and assigns one which may not be your dealership. You signup on the website and they email you contact info. I signed up here: https://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx

Good luck! Hoping to close the deal on my FiST this week :)

Just noticed that you're in Pittsburgh. If you don't mind driving to Baltimore check out Koon Ford as well. I've read that a few members here have bought from them. Their pricing puts them about $2000 lower than anything I can pickup locally. Working with them was pretty easy. I sent a text message to their number and they responded quickly without hassle and sent me a out the door cost. The breakdown tehy sent including these components:

WOW price
Freight
Tax
MD Processing
Tags

Good luck!

Zissou

From what my uncle (a career car salesman) told me, the bigger the car - the bigger the mark-up.

I got my deal by getting a dealership to price match. Did that like 3 times as I kept finding lower and lower offers and kept getting the dealership in RVA to match it. Find one that will match it (that seems trustworthy) and work with them. The FiST's aren't quite in as high of demand as other cars so they ought to work with you a little.

I also did the $1000 off by financing with Ford, then the next week refinanced for a normal rate. That saved some money.

OP
Jim88GT
Thread Starter #10
From what my uncle (a career car salesman) told me, the bigger the car - the bigger the mark-up.

I got my deal by getting a dealership to price match. Did that like 3 times as I kept finding lower and lower offers and kept getting the dealership in RVA to match it. Find one that will match it (that seems trustworthy) and work with them. The FiST's aren't quite in as high of demand as other cars so they ought to work with you a little.

I also did the $1000 off by financing with Ford, then the next week refinanced for a normal rate. That saved some money.
So if I get my own financing I do not get the 1,000 incentive?

Zissou

So if I get my own financing I do not get the 1,000 incentive?
If they are still doing that, yes (sort of). So I took that $1,000 incentive by financing with Ford and within that 1st month refinanced with my bank I was originally was going to use.

Granted this was when I bought my FiST in Aug 2014 so I don't know what sort of deals are going on now.

I test drove a used 2015 to check it out. When we got down to ordering one the most they would come down is $250 off the sticker price plus the $1000 incentive. He said they only make $500 on the Fiesta ST's. Does anyone know if that is correct? I did not order it yet. I don't want to get ripped off.
The $500 profit is approximately true if you paid less than Invoice. Wholesale + holdback + fudge = Invoice price + bonus profit = MSRP. The incentives have nothing to do with how much profit the dealer makes, since Ford pays the dealer for the incentives implemented.

Go to a different dealership and give them an opportunity to win your business.

When I bought mine the dealer actually lost about $800 bucks on it. I tried to talk them down and they showed me the invoice from when they took it in. They had taken it in on a trade and it had been sitting on the lot for about 4 months I guess they really wanted to get rid of it. it was a 2015 with only 1500 miles on it and i paid about $18800

I highly recommend you spend time studying the invoice; if the dealer is reluctant to show you the invoice, then they aren't interested in your business.

The invoice will show you how much profit they make off the msrp. Mine was about $800 if I remember, but I got it loaded. Invoice shows dealership fees, salesman commission, holdover, and ford's various "plans" for employees etc.

I told the salesman his sales fee ($250) was non-negotiable. He's got a family to feed, and the gesture won his loyalty during the negotiation. Dealership fee I initially refused to pay.

Destination charge is non-negotiable, as I understand. Advertising fee they wouldn't budge on. I refused to pay the holdover or any other fees except tax and title.

That was the offer I initialed to the floor manager, and they returned with a ridiculous counter. I added another $125 (half of dealership fee) and they made it work with extra incentives from ford (it had to be close to $2000).

Ended up paying less than MSRP out the door, including tax & title.

Check the invoice. You'll learn exactly where the money is going.

OP
Jim88GT
Thread Starter #15
My dealer made it sound like its good for ordering, lot, or leasing but you'll get a base price probably not something that's reduced by time sitting on a lot. The only downside is Costco works with dealers in a region and assigns one which may not be your dealership. You signup on the website and they email you contact info. I signed up here: https://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx

Good luck! Hoping to close the deal on my FiST this week :)
Thanks for the Costco link! I signed up and already got a call from the dealer. He said $300 off the invoice price. He is going to get the info on ordering one with what I want and give me a price.

OP
Jim88GT
Thread Starter #16
Just noticed that you're in Pittsburgh. If you don't mind driving to Baltimore check out Koon Ford as well. I've read that a few members here have bought from them. Their pricing puts them about $2000 lower than anything I can pickup locally. Working with them was pretty easy. I sent a text message to their number and they responded quickly without hassle and sent me a out the door cost. The breakdown tehy sent including these components:

WOW price
Freight
Tax
MD Processing
Tags

Good luck!
I am looking at their site now. It's a 4 hour drive but maybe worth it. Thanks!

For reference was working with my dealer tonight, I'm at 22405 out the door for a baseline + navigation and moonroof. Picking my FiST up tomorrow :)

OP
Jim88GT
Thread Starter #19
I just got my ST tonight!

A buddy at work was looking online and found one with the features I wanted at another dealer. The problem is I wanted white platinum and silver wheels. This one is magnetic with black wheels. Lol

The window sticker was 25,500 they came down to 23,084 with the 1000 incentive. It has Recaro seats, navigation and black wheels. It is a fun ride![lovest]