Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tomei Titanium Cat-back Exhaust for Fiesta ST - Interest

Design Features

• Total voters
OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #42
Double tip here! Add me thx
Added, all those pending price and design I have you added to a seperate list of my own. Total we have 18 members (interested and pending) I will keep Tomei updated and let them know when we hit 20 and every ten there after. They know we are interested and they can see the thread. Keep the interest coming!

Quick everybody make another screen name and chime in as interested so we can get this thing movin.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
As mentioned a single tip will weigh less, it will also flow a bit better, both performance enhancements which I hope is the prime reason most would buy this. The overall weight savings is impressive but do consider that weight down low and mostly in the middle of the car is not going to make a big difference in handling, it will help in acceleration and braking more. There are other ways to spend the money to improve the car in more ways than this will do for all but the most modded cars that have done most everything else first, just the way it is.

I still really like it, not sure I will get one as would have to take off my DIY exhaust and weight it as it is a low weight and very clean flowing design and will not fit another ST easily.

I am a leading advocate of Colin Chapman's idea of adding performance by removing weight so love to see things like this come along and a far better way to spend mod dollars than on what I feel are mostly unneeded chassis braces that add weight and little else unless perhaps all other more important mods are done first.

Of course some just like the idea of a titanium exhaust, I am in that camp as well, and they can sound so sexy!!!

(except one I heard on a buddies new M3 back in 2003, it sounded so horrible he had to take it off and it cost a ton of money:(

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #48
I added everyone to the list. I also added a separate list with "pending design/price" so Tomei can see total numbers on everything. We have 20! [driving]

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #52
Im_Zee11 and Gongos both added to the lists.

If it were around 1000 i would still buy it. Weight, materials, durability, and sound would be worth every penny. Most of their exhausts are in the $1000 give or take a couple $100. some are 700, some are 1200 etc. until you get into the exotic and super car range of course. I think $1k for a titanium exhaust would be reasonable. Considering most exhausts for our cars are between 600-800 and Stainless and heavy.

Like RAAMAudio has said it would beneficial in braking and acceleration purposes, which would be good in the fact that most of us don't strip our cars as we are on the track less than most dedicated track guys.

I would also like to be added to the price/pending design. Looking forward to this.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #55
Frankiefiesta & WingZero added!

This is even getting more attention than I was thinking. :) Hopefully they take this into account. I emailed Taka yesterday because we hit the 20 members interest mark. Hopefully I will hear back some good news. I'm really looking forward to this becoming reality. This community needs something like this. I also believe that this would be a very nice exhaust sound.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #60
well the AE86 exhaust is 900, so Id say it will be close to that. as a matter of fact most of their exhausts are 900-1000 so thats probably where it will be. and to me that is very reasonable as I tried buying all the mandrel bent pieces to make my own, and without the muffler or tips it was $750. If it was $750 it would be cheaper than some of the Stainless systems. Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to be at that price point, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for that. Just means you'll need to not buy starbucks every morning for a month. ;P