Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tomei Titanium Cat-back Exhaust for Fiesta ST - Interest

Design Features

• Total voters
Tomei will be $1,000 Dont get me wrong sounded sick om my G35S sedan with PPE longtube headers, Stillen cold air intake and Uprev tune
But that was a NA 3.5 liter. Besides some weight savings and bling...ehh I would pass
Like so many say on this for downpipe amd exhaus yield no power gains on those of us 80% with stock turbos anyhow. I dont think the turbo 1.6 will resonate or sound any different with Ti. Hell thats half way to a Cyborg or Pumaspeed kick in the pants, different strokes.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #69
No updates as of late, I will email Taka tonight and see what updates he has for us.

Dlost added!

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #70
I emailed Taka from Tomei.

I have also added a poll vote to the thread for the design features you would like to see. YOU CAN VOTE FOR ALL OPTIONS YOU WANT. So please everyone take the time to do so, This way we will be able to see what the majority is looking for in their Ti Exhaust. If there are other options not on the list that you would like added, let me know and I will put it up as well.

Thanks Everyone!

Voted for both resonated and non-resonated because it would be super easy for them to flange one in for those that might want to switch it up. And also depending on the sound.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #72
This is very true. It would be awesome if they could just make the system and have the tip(s) also on a flange so you could pick which style you want when checking out, and then do the resonator that way as well. I hope to hear back from him sometime soon, since it is Friday we may not hear anything until Monday.

Thanks for voting and keep it coming!

I know the feeling. I've wanted one of their exhausts for a LONG time, but when I was modding my Mazda 3 they weren't doing the affordable Ti exhausts yet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #74
I just absolutely LOVE the sound that comes from all of their exhausts(except the AE86, but Ive only heard one with absolutely no muffler or resonator so you can just imagine)they tend to be on the loud side which is why I voted resonated. But man the 350 and 370 Tomei exhaust sounds SOOOOO good. I would never buy any other exhaust for those cars. EVER! Once I found out they did not make one for this car and saw that making my own would be ridiculously expensive I almost gave up... Then I got an email from them from being a previous owner and decided why not give it a shot!? and well, my fingers are crossed and bank account ready all they have to say is go. I love my COBB exhaust and all, but if this happens I'll sell this COBB in a heart beat.

DP03

SO....I personally think the dual tip looks a lot better than single. But what I want to know is this. How much weight do you plan on saving with a single tip? You could take a shit and make more of a difference.

SO....I personally think the dual tip looks a lot better than single. But what I want to know is this. How much weight do you plan on saving with a single tip? You could take a shit and make more of a difference.
Single or dual tip would be just a looks kind of thing. It might affect the sound just a little bit depending on the tip design, but thats it. Difference would prolly be measured in grams.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #77
It's not the weight that you are trying to save with the single vs dual, it's the exhaust flow characteristics. I too agree that dual looks better, but I want a single on this since it's already saving the weight, might as well go "extreme" and go single. Plus I do think the single tip sounds better because it's a straight flow. It's not a difference in tone, it's hard to explain the sound difference. But it's just a cleaner sound in a single to me. Almost as if you can hear the exhaust gasses hitting the split at the tip with dual

DP03

Single or dual tip would be just a looks kind of thing. It might affect the sound just a little bit depending on the tip design, but thats it. Difference would prolly be measured in grams.

Agreed. And for all the exhausts that have come out with clamp on tips (not really sure why other than to cut costs, really looks cheap), you've lost the weight savings right there. The weight of the clamps. Anyway, I'm amused by the weight savings thing. When I was into racing big time, I used to love the guys that were taking out their cigarette lighter to save weight on race day as they threw back a few donuts and themselves weighed about 300 lbs.

DP03

It's not the weight that you are trying to save with the single vs dual, it's the exhaust flow characteristics. I too agree that dual looks better, but I want a single on this since it's already saving the weight, might as well go "extreme" and go single. Plus I do think the single tip sounds better because it's a straight flow. It's not a difference in tone, it's hard to explain the sound difference. But it's just a cleaner sound in a single to me. Almost as if you can hear the exhaust gasses hitting the split at the tip with dual
Are you kidding? You can hear the gasses hitting the split on a dual tip??? Come on, man. That's crazy. That's like saying I can hear the gasses hitting the break in the pipes where the tips are clamped on vs the clean flow of a welded on tip. I think the welded tips are much nicer, but a difference in flow????

The reason vendors have clamped on tips are they farm them out and get them from different places and just include them with their systems. If they made their own they would just weld them, like Cobb and a few others do.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #80
No I'm not kidding, the flow characteristics are different. Granted it may not be much but it is different. It may not even do anything for all I know. But yes you can hear a difference in a dual tip vs a single tip. Cobra sport exhaust has a video that shows both the dual and the single and the dual has a dull sound from the exhaust gasses being split where the single tip is not. I'm not trying to start an argument nor care to.