Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tomei Titanium Cat-back Exhaust for Fiesta ST - Interest

Design Features

• Total voters

Pete

I would prefer the single tip for the rally look, also that burnt bluish finish would be epic :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A single tip in fact does all three, saves weight, flows a bit better and sounds different. I absolutely loved the single per pipe tips on the Corsa Exhaust I had on my C6 Vette, everyone that heard it said it was the best sounding LS ever. I put a slightly larger oval tip on my ST for a bit of style but single it had to be, sounds dang good for a 4 banger:)

DP03

Well, if you can hear the difference between the two your ears must be good!! And again, the weight difference is in grams. If you don't have welded tips you've already added more weight with the clamps.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I own an automotive sound deadening product I have shipped tens of thousands of orders around the world and I have beaten a prior world champion in sound quality with two different systems I built in my back yard, he had a high end shop catering to pro football players, I guess I have pretty good ears.

The weight is far more than a few grams, it is could be as much as a pound or more, some tips are quite heavy.

That does not sound like much but a whole car approach can add up significantly, my car weighed 2575 with half a tank of fuel the last time on the scales, a ton more mods since and should be around the same but 50 lbs shifted from the front to the rear for better balance under hard breaking at high speed on track.

The tips would be Titanium as well so I don't see how one tip could be anything more than a fraction of a pound.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #87
I'd be in on one of these systems
SoyFiesta added! Thanks for the inquiry. :) and be sure to vote in the poll!

Thanks for the info RAAMAudio. I am not trying to argue or start anything DP03 just letting you know what I can hear. I mean I doubt you can hear the difference from inside the car but if you walk to the back of it I'm sure you would be able to as well. But keep the opinions of the design coming. Maybe people will change their minds on their votes due to the info shared. :) I want single tip for better flow, resonated because Ti exhausts tend to be a little on the loud or raspy side, and 3" because of my Big turbo plans for better flow.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #89
I just emailed Taka from Tomei yesterday. Due to it being the weekend I may not hear back from him until Monday or Tuesday. He should get back to me with production confirmation or not and may have a time line on when they would start it. But I would think if they produced them, and went the way they are planning it may be end of the year 2016. Due to the focus ST and Ecoboost mustang being already on thier list. Unless they think our 25+ members waiting would be beneficial to jumping in the production line. So I would say if it is confirmed most likely end of the year. And they do not sell directly to the public, so maybe we can get a vendor on here to do a group buy price, and all of us on this list can be transferred over to that one. And get a really good price.

Fair enough. Thanks for taking charge of this [thumb]

I just emailed Taka from Tomei yesterday. Due to it being the weekend I may not hear back from him until Monday or Tuesday. He should get back to me with production confirmation or not and may have a time line on when they would start it. But I would think if they produced them, and went the way they are planning it may be end of the year 2016. Due to the focus ST and Ecoboost mustang being already on thier list. Unless they think our 25+ members waiting would be beneficial to jumping in the production line. So I would say if it is confirmed most likely end of the year. And they do not sell directly to the public, so maybe we can get a vendor on here to do a group buy price, and all of us on this list can be transferred over to that one. And get a really good price.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Some of use have heard more than others, some of us have different hearing that others, just the way it is.

Some of us know who Collin Chapman was and understand weight is the the number one enemy of all things in performance.

Some of use might want a Ti exhaust to save the weight more than to brag about it....as already mentioned the weight savings in that area of the car is far less significant than other areas in overall performance.

Unless you already have a very good set of low weight wheels and proper tires which is by far the most important all around performance area of any car you would not gain much saving the weight of at Ti exhaust.

I might have to get one, just to try it out:)

DP03

Guys, I have done the weight thing. How many have had a 10 sec street car, daily driven? I have.

That being said, a few grams is great here and there. As a perspective, you could leave your keys outside the car. You could go back to stock on that shift knob....that is huge in this conversation (didn't everyone want the heaviest)?. you could unlace your sneakers. You could spit out your gum. You could take a piss, or you could put down that donut.

ANY of these things would be more important and would save more weight.

I'm shocked that we are even talking about this.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #93
I have actually, I had a 10.2 sec terminator cobra, I currently own a 10.9 second 93 cobra. I have owned a 9.7sec camaro SS.

I do understand you are talking about grams. And where this may do absolutely nothing for the normal DD people on here. For the most of us that are using our cars for time attack or anything of the like a few grams in more than 100 places adds up to a lot. Look the main point of this convo. You are correct. It would be very little difference in weight, but you take that little difference and apply it in every aspect you can and it adds up to a lot.

Secondly, we aren't having this conversation based on weight alone. There's more than one reason I selected the single tip. Weight just happens to be a slight side effect.

It's not the effect of one single piece of tiny weight savings I am looking for. It's overall total weight savings I get when this is added to the rest of the small minute weight savings I will relieve from the entire car. But again it is not the weight of the tip that I am wanting in the single. Although it is less. There are more reasons behind it.

DP03

I have actually, I had a 10.2 sec terminator cobra, I currently own a 10.9 second 93 cobra. I have owned a 9.7sec camaro SS.

I do understand you are talking about grams. And where this may do absolutely nothing for the normal DD people on here. For the most of us that are using our cars for time attack or anything of the like a few grams in more than 100 places adds up to a lot. Look the main point of this convo. You are correct. It would be very little difference in weight, but you take that little difference and apply it in every aspect you can and it adds up to a lot.

Secondly, we aren't having this conversation based on weight alone. There's more than one reason I selected the single tip. Weight just happens to be a slight side effect.

It's not the effect of one single piece of tiny weight savings I am looking for. It's overall total weight savings I get when this is added to the rest of the small minute weight savings I will relieve from the entire car. But again it is not the weight of the tip that I am wanting in the single. Although it is less. There are more reasons behind it.
Not looking for a fight. Just want those to know that changing their shoes, or leaving their Cobb AP behind, or changing their belt, or going to the stock shift knob, will make so much more of a difference.....this is crazy guys...............

And really, if you are really into this stuff, you get a guy that can drive that is lighter than you.....but I'm sure you already know this :)

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #95
Neither am I. And you are right. That much difference would be the same but think about all that combined is what I'm saying. But again I'm not fighting and I'm sure most people here choose the tip they think is best for looks not weight. And that's perfectly fine. :)

Pete

Just saying I track my fiesta and gut it for track days, all seats come out, I'm slowly removing all the sound deadening. I still have the stock shift knob ;) I've even gone on a diet and exercise program i put together and lost 18 pounds in a month (178 to 160). Just got the lighter rear crash bar from dhm, waiting for the intercooler/front crash bar combo. Lighter wheels, brakes, going to be getting a 6 pound battery soon, etc etc... I enjoy competing in time attack events and every bit counts. I also happen to like the style of the single tip over the dual tip. Weight savings gets really expensive at a point after all the free stuff is done. I also want the unique sound of a titanium exhaust. Sure not everyone will go to these extremes buts it is nice for the few of us who do :)

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #97
Just saying I track my fiesta and gut it for track days, all seats come out, I'm slowly removing all the sound deadening. I still have the stock shift knob ;) I've even gone on a diet and exercise program i put together and lost 18 pounds in a month (178 to 160). Just got the lighter rear crash bar from dhm, waiting for the intercooler/front crash bar combo. Lighter wheels, brakes, going to be getting a 6 pound battery soon, etc etc... I enjoy competing in time attack events and every bit counts. I also happen to like the style of the single tip over the dual tip. Weight savings gets really expensive at a point after all the free stuff is done. I also want the unique sound of a titanium exhaust. Sure not everyone will go to these extremes buts it is nice for the few of us who do :)
Completely agree. :) Ti exhaust just has this sound that is unlike anything else.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
There are those that take the big picture approach and those with a less desire to go so far which is fine, as long as they at least get to hear about it and then make more educated decisions. Some of us are really into the weight issue and I have done most of the car that way, 2575lbs, with sunroof(got it for the dogs, seldom use it as expected so now thinking of taking it out, done it on 3 other cars and one saved 42lbs!) I have removed, safely, around 9% of the cars weight, that is quite significant) It would cost considerably in time and funds to take out the sunroof the right way but it would gain a great deal more in handling benefits than a ti exhaust, I might just do both:)

I already have the Vband mounted muffler off the car as cut a hole in the tire well for the MWI system so I might pull the Vband DP to muffler section off as well and weigh them. It would help me decide if the ti exhaust would be a viable part for my needs as my exhaust is likely the lightest weight full 3" exhaust on this car as I built it to be low weight but very effective, fewer bends, etc...

Some might want the exhaust just for weight, some just for sound, some just to talk about it, some for all three or any two, as long as enough want it then it can happen for all of us.

DP03

Thats a fast SS. I had a hard time breaking into the 10's with my 2000 SS. I was N/A, heads/cam, higher stall TC, a few suspension tweaks to stay straight on launch. Did you get 9's N/A or did you have nitrous or FI?

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #100
It was an 02 SS but swapped the 5.7 for. 6.0. All N/A. Like you I had trouble getting there. So swapped for a slightly larger motor and was able to squeeze in I was also running a meth injection kit to help.

After that I was satisfied and sold the car and bought a 350z for a track car. Road course. And have been hooked on road course racing ever since. I hate not having a track out here in Hawaii though. :/ so I'm just building the car slowly while I'm here and when I get back I'll see what she can do. And fine tune from there