Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tomei Titanium Cat-back Exhaust for Fiesta ST - Interest

Design Features

• Total voters
OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #141
Alright everyone! Looks as if we got our wish! Please read the below email from Taka at Tomei.

"Hello Kyle,

I apologize for the delayed response regarding the below email.

We are currently working on prototyping of the Ecoboost Mustang Ti exhaust system as we speak in Japan as we speak.

We are looking to expand our Ti exhaust line, so it is more than likely that we will produce systems for the Focus ST and Fiesta ST, but will be after the completion of the Mustang systems.

Meanwhile, it will be great if you could provide us with what type of Ti systems the users are looking for in your market, and hope to produce an awesome products for the Fiesta ST community, thank you.

Best Regards,
Taka
TOMEI POWERED USA"

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #142
With the tight voting polls, I asked if there could be a way that a "modular" design in the exhaust be incorporated. For example say the exhaust was a 3" design and broken into three sections (just like most exhausts for the FiST) the first section being the resonated/non-resonated, then go into the S-pipe, then have the muffler section at the rear with the choice of the dual, or single tip. If this were capable of being made, I think it would hit most everyone on the list. The only problem there would be the final exhaust diameter vote. I know that if the design were not 3" it would not be favorable to some of us, and vice-versa.

Once I asked about that I presented a second idea of designing two systems for the car, one being mainly for the stock turbo DD type guys, and one for the Guys ready for track and race. such as:
DD style - 2.5", resonated/muffled, dual tips.
Race style - 3", non-resonated, single tip.

so until we hear back from Taka again, we will not know for sure what design we are trying to figure out. However, we can decide if we like the "Modular" way, or the "conservative" way(DD/Race)

What do you guys think? it seems the biggest quarrel we have is with the tip design. I REALLY feel at least that needs to modular. because I believe that would have a larger buying pool of people buying the exhaust or not.

Oh mah goodness, it's finally happening.... Soon...... In the near future..... once we settle on a design lol. I think to make everybody happy, without making a million parts on their end, they should do two separate exhausts. They did it with the AE86 where there is a conservative ( for us: 2.5inch, resonated, dual larger tips) and then a wild (3inch, straight through pipes with a mega phone section at the end. But if they want to do the modular design that would be awesome. I wouldn't press the issue too much though. For them to mock up and design almost 10 different system configurations might make us come off at needy or something.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I think it is a very good idea as I have built my own systems and modded many others, installed them all, some on a lift, some on the ground...
1) resonated front section/none resonated, same bends, pretty simple to it both ways.
2) rear section, single or dual tip, slip on tip, easy solution.
3) center section, both the same.

I also think it can and should be made with as few bends and have less angle to the bends as possible.
The one I built for this car starts with Vband mount to DP, has a short bend to mate to the DP, 5" diameter SS packed Vibrant resonator which was a tight fit to work out but there to reduce resonance and very effective, pipe going back angled towards passenger side to reduce the next bend to around 70 degrees instead of what most look to be 90 degrees, then a 90 to turn to the rear and up over the axle, 45 degree bend at top of axle, approx 22.5 degree bend towards muffler, V band in front of muffler, Borla SS "race muffler, small, low weight, straight through oval, single tip SS Vibrant oval tip trimmed to match angle of bumper and looks like the Ford oval but not quite as flat, that is the style point I compromised on instead of staying round but it is a bit larger in in area than a 3" round would be. I also have a muffler delete straight section without tip, Vband mount, to replace muffler so I can hear it better on track. The whole system is quite low weight though I did not weigh it which I should of done, less flow restriction, less material, sounds very good, no drone. This took several times longer than I expected because it is a very tight fit, hangers had to be adjusted a few times, but I wanted to build the best one I could for this car.

The last system I built was for an E36 M3 race car, custom 2 into one merge with 20 degree bend so it was part of the header and included the angle to aim the exhaust towards drivers side, straight pipe out past axle, 22.5 degree bend to aim tail pipe and race muffler up out the rear, just two bends in the whole system.

Mentioning these things as all the exhausts I have seen on the market were made with a lot more bends and not many made with drone reduction in mind which means just built to be relatively easy to design and install but not that optimized which takes considerably more effort. If I was in business making parts mine would be to the higher level of performance, weight control and drone reduction, and fit, there are only one or two exhausts I would likely consider buying available for this car. I will not likely want the Ti one unless is has little or no drone and not real loud, single tip, reduced bend count and considerably lower in weight than I already have, I hope it comes out that way:)

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #145
I understand where you are coming from Noodles.

Rick I have to agree though. Essentially they would only need to make 4 pieces, and the 2 different resonated sections would essentially be the same minus the resonator itself. And we could use any of their slip fit tips they already have made.

If the exhaust were modular we would just need to come to an agreement of 2.5" or 3" which I feel would be a much better choice.

However there are some that do not want a 3" exhaust for their stock turbo. So this would be a problem with the design.

If we went with the two designs everyone would have to settle one way or the other.

All in all I think the modular design would work better for most people as they could have everything they wanted but only having to decide between 2.5" or 3"

Maybe they can do a full race 3 inch with the single tip for those looking for lightest weight most potential exhaust. Then do the 2.5 inch modular so people that stay stock turbo can pick and choose their sound.

Interested if its:

Catback w/ resonator w/ tip options ( I would go single tip if it doesn't drone on the HW).

Oh and price

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #148
[MENTION=5117]Bizzareo[/MENTION] added!

Thanks for the Intrest guys. We are gonna have to get a vendor or two in on this to get a group buy pre-order together for us when the design is final. Tomei doesn't sell directly to the public, only through vendors

[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]
[MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION]
@spooltuning
@2jracing
[MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION]

maperformance

Taka! What a great guy! :) I always enjoy working with him. I am super open to doing a pre order. I will email Taka, and see what kind of numbers they would need to make this happen!

-Adam

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #150
[like]Boom! Thanks Adam! Please keep us updated, if you let him know Kyle has been talking to him about the exhaust he'll know exactly what you are talking about.[raceflag]

Also we have a stock FiST, local and ready to drop off for R&D. They can use it as long as they need.

With the tight voting polls, I asked if there could be a way that a "modular" design in the exhaust be incorporated. For example say the exhaust was a 3" design and broken into three sections (just like most exhausts for the FiST) the first section being the resonated/non-resonated, then go into the S-pipe, then have the muffler section at the rear with the choice of the dual, or single tip. If this were capable of being made, I think it would hit most everyone on the list. The only problem there would be the final exhaust diameter vote. I know that if the design were not 3" it would not be favorable to some of us, and vice-versa.

Once I asked about that I presented a second idea of designing two systems for the car, one being mainly for the stock turbo DD type guys, and one for the Guys ready for track and race. such as:
DD style - 2.5", resonated/muffled, dual tips.
Race style - 3", non-resonated, single tip.

so until we hear back from Taka again, we will not know for sure what design we are trying to figure out. However, we can decide if we like the "Modular" way, or the "conservative" way(DD/Race)

What do you guys think? it seems the biggest quarrel we have is with the tip design. I REALLY feel at least that needs to modular. because I believe that would have a larger buying pool of people buying the exhaust or not.
I would love to see a 3" with dual tips. The resonator isn't a big make or break for me, but I'm not a big fan of drone.

Would like to see the option of Canadian pricing ( I can speak to the dealers here (or just put it on my pop's megasquirt site (or my MMA store lol))).

Add me to the list please. I had all tomei products in my 04 sti. They actually used my car as the test vehicle. You can find it on YouTube. Their exhaust, downpipe, headers, turbos and everything are all flawlessly designed. I hope to be able to have some of their blind on my car.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #158
[MENTION=5283]PBST03[/MENTION] added! Good to have more I put on Tomei, I love their products and can't wait to see this one

my future looks grim (wife will not be happy at all), yes I want, count me in. I have a Ti obsession. lol... i think i literally own more titanium than 60% of the population. I literally have a brick on my desk just to look at....