Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who has replaced only F&R Speakers and with what results?

So after tweaking the stock system time and again, I finally found some decent settings that don't make my ears bleed with upper midrange and lower treble shriek. After running iTunes and CD's back to back it's definitely better with CD. What I am wondering though is, if anyone has replaced the front and rear speakers with something efficient and what results you had. Running any power hungry crossover based speaker won't cut it but there are some efficient designs out there that don't need high power to sing.

Anyone use some front components and rear coaxials that found an improvement? Looking for an option that trumps the stock speaker system without adding an amp or dsp.

Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What settings do you have your stock system at that you have found sounds the best? Pics?

OP
F1Fletch
Thread Starter #3
Sorry no pic but here is the summary:
Treble at 70%max
Mid at 30% max only a few notches from lowest setting
Bass at 80% max
Fader at +1 rear
Speakers set to all accupants instead of just driver
Speed Compensation for Volume set to minimum (I found it was really boosting the mid range as speed went up...sounded terrible).

These settings are for me decent enough to have made a slight improvement. Of course all of this is subjective to listeners taste.

I have that same question. Originally I was planning on going with a complete system to include a digital signal processor, amp(s), new front speakers, and a sub. In my last car (2006 Focus ST) I started with a digital signal processor, amp, and new speakers but the result was only okay at best. Eventually went with a new head unit and full system. In the FIST I don’t want to go that far and I’m wondering if I can spend just a couple hundred bucks on a decent set of front speakers (separates with a cross-over and moving the tweeter location forward toward the dash) and get a worthwhile sound improvement??

Waterfan

Treble at 70%max
Bass at 80% max
Fader at +1 rear
Speed Compensation for Volume set to minimum (I found it was really boosting the mid range as speed went up...sounded terrible).

These settings are for me decent enough to have made a slight improvement. Of course all of this is subjective to listeners taste.
Essentially the same as my ears chose, except I like "Driver" instead of "All". (The speed adjustment bugged the HELL out of me. First thing I turned off. Got rid of the "intake kazoo" as my first mod too :))

MPA

Treble at 70%max
Bass at 80% max
Fader at +1 rear

I'm glad I found this post again as I'd only took a screenshot - these settings worked well for me. Thanks!

OP
F1Fletch
Thread Starter #10
Definitely something to be gained with sound deadening and speaker replacement. Waiting for my budget to catch up with wishful thinking but going to a decent and efficient two way in front and coax in back I am sure will be a bbb leader.

The stock speakers and tweeters especially make music no fun far too often.