Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cd slot exomount

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Grabbed a few pics of my phone mount solution I don't have Nav and don't use the touch screen much as most stuff I use can be wheel controled or off the phone. and I can recall the last time I used a CD ...
not saying its the best just another option for us :)

Here with my old 4s the kids use most times now ..

Exomount Gear Linky

Perry

Interesting, Rod. I leave my phone in my pocket, and have little desire at the moment to do otherwise. I admit to being bemused by the CD slot, however. [But I would like to see a nice turntable installed under the glove box! [thumb] ] Do you really use your phone that much while driving? For directions/nav, I would guess?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
LOL turntable I saw a car with one in way back when !! I use it more for DashCommander and Harry's LapTimer apps with the GoPoint BT1 OBDll bluetooth I can get wireless car data with DC and while lapping ot AutoX I can get viedo overlay data for Harry's
DashCommander it like the Droid Torque app so it is kinda fun to play with and not have the funky wire of the AP laying about.. though at some point i'll have to data log with the AP I am sure ...

Perry

I like the idea of the BT1 and DashCommander together. How well do those work for you? Reliable, easy? I'll probably want the Harry's LapTimer app as well at some point, but DashCommander seems like a good start.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That's pretty nifty. Can you pull it in and out freely or do you need to hit the eject button?

STooge

That's pretty nifty. Can you pull it in and out freely or do you need to hit the eject button?
And does it keep the cd load going constantly or no? Could you possibly grab a pic of it out of the cd slot?

Good on ya man. +1

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I'll grab one out of slot pic asap and no it won't keep it loading all the time.. Dashcommander is a snap to use only thing it cost like 9.99 but that is down from 49 when i looked at it first also you may want to set it up as to what car you have so it works right (ie turbo and some othe info) the 2014 PID's are not out yet and I got no reply from them when I asked about them.. its pretty close to live info too and it will let you clear engines fault codes on any car with obd2 as far as i know . I have swapped it out with my 2004 truck and worked great there too ..

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
More Pics as requested..

the Phone is clamped in once you set it in against the red X on back of clamp the to release you just pull down and out and it lets go.. or up and out either way...

STooge

Awesome deal there rod. I'm gonna have to see if my Fiance is interested in that. It looks quite convenient. Thank you for the pictures.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
For some reason I had imagine a CD disc looking thing[giggle]