Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Xenon depot HID fiesta kit and Vleds led fog lights.

Grabbed a set of HID's from xenondepot.com for the fiesta and boy are they sweet! Also grabbed a set of led fog lights from Vleds.com and those are sweet as well. Both are super easy to install and are leaps and bounds better than the factory lights. Waiting for the rest of the led bulbs to arrive for the signals, side markers, brakes etc. couple pics after install.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The short version is that you have reflector housings, not projector housings. You think you're getting better light but all you're really doing is scattering light everywhere, which ends up being massive glare to anyone on the other side of it. Headlight housings are designed to take one type of bulb and when you swap without doing a proper retrofit then all you're doing is blinding everyone else.

If you want better light but don't want to retrofit your housings then just buy better halogen bulbs-it will be better for you and everyone else on the road around you.

2006ser

In other words your shi**** is blinding people on the oncoming traffic

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I have the XenonDepot LED bulbs and had to adjust them downwards to not blind people. It still has a better light output than stock bulbs. Maybe give your headlights an adjustment if you get flashed by oncoming traffic

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
These light the road up way better than the factory lights and I actually had my buddy drive on the other side of the road to see how they look. He said it didn't blind him at all? I'll see if I get high beamed at all and if so I'll adjust them down more. Here is a pic without all the glare.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Of course the light appears to go further; it's throwing everywhere but where it's supposed to go for the safety of others on the road.

The problem is that you can't just adjust the glare out. It's simple math: the reflector is designed to direct the light from the halogen bulb, which is spaced closer to the center of the reflector than an HID bulb is. The only housings that HID bulbs work in are HID housings, period.

image.jpeg FWIW- I have a set of HID bulbs from Xenondepot (from my previous car) I installed in the FiST. Believe it or not, their bulbs actually locate the light in a decent spot inside the housing, keeping glare to a minimum. There obviously still is some so I shrouded my headlamps and haven't gotten flashed once (haven't aimed the lights lower).

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
These light the road up way better than the factory lights and I actually had my buddy drive on the other side of the road to see how they look. He said it didn't blind him at all? I'll see if I get high beamed at all and if so I'll adjust them down more. Here is a pic without all the glare.
If you tested it and it's not blinding people then just run it.. Hate the forum lighting police, they show up on every HID/LED thread.

Bluedrank

Hmm, so far I've had no issues with the LED fog lights. I just ordered the xenon depot headlights, we'll see how it is as far as blinding people. They seemed popular on the forums here, so I pulled the trigger on them.

J2FoRS

View attachment 9773 FWIW- I have a set of HID bulbs from Xenondepot (from my previous car) I installed in the FiST. Believe it or not, their bulbs actually locate the light in a decent spot inside the housing, keeping glare to a minimum. There obviously still is some so I shrouded my headlamps and haven't gotten flashed once (haven't aimed the lights lower).
Whoa flashback to the 4th Gen eclipses and their eyelid obsession! Cool look!

I never cared for the huge Fiesta headlights anyway. At first the brow was higher, following the lines of the hood, but it wasn't low enough to kill the scatter.

Hmm, so far I've had no issues with the LED fog lights. I just ordered the xenon depot headlights, we'll see how it is as far as blinding people. They seemed popular on the forums here, so I pulled the trigger on them.
You're not going to have a problem with the luxeon fogs as they're in a projector housing. I love mine too!

I am considering attempting the Xenon Depot LED headlights as there's a sale. I said I never would but you all are making me want to at least try. Probably not too hard to sell if I don't like them.

caliboy15

I have Diode Dynamics HID on mine, aimed the headlight as low as possible. I drove the car in CA for 1.5 year without a problem, no middle finger seen, no honk heard, ho high beam seen, police in front of me every night = no ticket, 5 months here in TX same thing. So I guess Im ok running with the HID

View attachment 9773 FWIW- I have a set of HID bulbs from Xenondepot (from my previous car) I installed in the FiST. Believe it or not, their bulbs actually locate the light in a decent spot inside the housing, keeping glare to a minimum. There obviously still is some so I shrouded my headlamps and haven't gotten flashed once (haven't aimed the lights lower).
Did you custom make those brows or did you order them? Everything I'm finding is over the pond, couldn't find any in the US here.