Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LCA Options?

Has anyone removed/ replaced the lca? How much of a project is it? Do they come off of the subframe pretty easily or do you have to really pry/ tug to get them off?
Not hard, just need to remove the bolt that secures the ball joint to the knuckle and there's two more bolts that attaches the lca to the subframe.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #42
I just got a 1.5" x 15' roll of DEI heat shield tape I will wrap two layers around the ball joints and tie rod ends, no more worries:)
Can you report back if this worked well for you? I sourced some heat reflective tape here, but seller says no way they can handle brake temps.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #43
So... After a year of looking and going through multiple channels... I finally got myself a pair at about $210 USD. The only problem? Car's in shop for blown transmission [bawling]

But in the meanwhile, enjoy the pics

Last edited:
So... After a year of looking and going through multiple channels... I finally got myself a pair at about $210 USD. The only problem? Car's in shop for blown transmission [bawling]

But in the meanwhile, enjoy the pics

Are those the HardRace lca? How are those different from oem?

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #47
Update: Installed and got my car back with new tranny.

Some notes about Hard Race LCA vs Stock
Weight difference: none (by feel, didn't have a scale to use)
Road comfort difference: none
Cornering difference: noticeably more sensitive and responds quicker than before

I'm very glad on the road comfort part, I was concerned that I might lose some daily driveability. Will wait until I break in my transmission then take it to the mountain roads for more indepth review.

Thanks for the update. I'm reconsidering not replacing the front Lca bushing. Probably will do it at the same time as the rear if there's no street comfort penalty. Ā”Gracias!

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #49
Installed pic here (you can see my shiny new tranny too!)

My ball joints are also leaking grease. [MENTION=505]XuperXero[/MENTION] do you have a link or email for the Hardrace LCAs? $210 for both is a steal imo.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #51
My ball joints are also leaking grease. [MENTION=505]XuperXero[/MENTION] do you have a link or email for the Hardrace LCAs? $210 for both is a steal imo.
My source is China only. I'll ask him if he ships stateside.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #52
Update: My source has no interests in selling stateside.

However, I can order and ship it via DHL only like I am doing with the illuminated door sills. But international shipping is pricey.

I actually emailed Hardrace USA and they're charging me $265 shipped.

I actually emailed Hardrace USA and they're charging me $265 shipped.
Oem LCAs- $100/ pair
Powerflex front PU bushing- $75
Powerflex rear offset bushing $175 - or - Whiteline rear offset bushing - $110

To get it already assembled is a pretty good deal.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
don't worry guys

I've asked to distribute these for you with no success
So I've taken matters into my own hands
I have contacts in China and will be back in touch shortly - If I can do something that makes sense for everyone involved, you know I will!

don't worry guys

I've asked to distribute these for you with no success
So I've taken matters into my own hands
I have contacts in China and will be back in touch shortly - If I can do something that makes sense for everyone involved, you know I will!
Adjustable maybe? Lighter than oem?

I ordered from the Hardrace USA Distributor, Velocityshop. I will keep you guys posted.