Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LCA Options?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Only issue I can see with those Hardrace is they do not specify ST. The non ST control arms have different geometry while they may work they might not be correct . I would tread cautiously and talk to them first before making the purchase. I just looked up stock control arms for our cars new and they have shot up in price. They used to be pretty cheap. They are now more than double at $153 per side through Tasca.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Only issue I can see with those Hardrace is they do not specify ST. The non ST control arms have different geometry while they may work they might not be correct . I would tread cautiously and talk to them first before making the purchase. I just looked up stock control arms for our cars new and they have shot up in price. They used to be pretty cheap. They are now more than double at $153 per side through Tasca.
Did you even look at the website link for the Hardrace control arms? clearly says ST

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Did you even look at the website link for the Hardrace control arms? clearly says ST
Yes I went to the website there was nothing popping up on my link that listed ST so forgive me your derision .

But Adam says they’re not ST
completely uncalled for BS and trolling on your part . I expected better from you Typhoon well he is expected to act the way he does.

P.S. look carefully it says Mk6 not MK7 and ya they made a ST MK6 in Europe and other countries . F7F9CC7B-D954-40F4-96E6-B2B3525507C6.jpeg F7F9CC7B-D954-40F4-96E6-B2B3525507C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Yea, can’t see paying $300 plus shipping for OEMs when the ball joints might not last one track season

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I ALSO DID HARD RACE LOWER BALL JOINTS AND WASTED MONEY ON THE BUSHINGS BECAUSE THE STOCK BUSHINGS LOOKED 100 SAME

LOADED ALL IN NEW ARMS

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes I went to the website there was nothing popping up on my link that listed ST so forgive me your derision .

completely uncalled for BS and trolling on your part . I expected better from you Typhoon well he is expected to act the way he does.

P.S. look carefully it says Mk6 not MK7 and ya they made a ST MK6 in Europe and other countries . View attachment 45320 View attachment 45320
Well I did something called research over on the Uk ford website and this control arm can be used in the ST models even here in America. Imagine that... there are two types of control arms fitted in the mk6 and this happens to be one of them according to the bloaks* across the pond that will also Fit the ST's* If you look these have the same style lower control arm and pinch style bolt style ball joints. If you're that worked up about it send an email to Hardrace*

* Its Huckle bearer* Not huckleberry Also BTW

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well I did something called research over on the Uk ford website and this control arm can be used in the ST models even here in America. Imagine that... there are two types of control arms fitted in the mk6 and this happens to be one of them according to the blocks across the pond that will also Fit the ST's* If you look these have the same style lower control arm and pinch style bolt style ball joints. If you're that worked up about it send an email to Hardrace*

Great!

I was just pointing what was printed on the page which called to question an further investigation like I suggested. You claiming you might have did that or did that after the fact does not change the fact though.

Doing something without knowledge or not admitting knowledge of after the fact is called guilt by omission and does not excuse one from the action they may be guilty of .
There for your statement above does not clear you from making a statement in bad faith and out of line.
Plus bY what you stated above you actually validated my post as you have stated it took investigation like I was suggesting in the first place.
Suggestion do not ever represent yourself in court you would fail miserably.

P.S. Regardless of if they do work those Hardrace arms are overpriced for what amounts to basically a powder coated stock style arm with a spec’s up ball joint and what looks like a stock bushing.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Great!

I was just pointing what was printed on the page which called to question an further investigation like I suggested. You claiming you might have did that or did that after the fact does not change the fact though.

Doing something without knowledge or not admitting knowledge of after the fact is called guilt by omission and does not excuse one from the action they may be guilty of .
There for your statement above does not clear you from making a statement in bad faith and out of line.
Plus bY what you stated above you actually validated my post as you have stated it took investigation like I was suggesting in the first place.
Suggestion do not ever represent yourself in court you would fail miserably.

That's what lawyers and attorneys are for silly*

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That's what lawyers and attorneys are for silly*
You would still lose based on your own actions which I already outlined . Give it up you failed and should man up and admit it. You backed yourself into a corner on this .:ROFLMAO:

I am willing to admit when I make mistakes are you? It‘s all good you are human I don’t hold it against you but I will point it out.:ROFLMAO:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You would still lose based on your own actions which I already outlined . Give it up you failed and should man up and admit it. You backed yourself into a corner on this .
That I verified the St's & ST200 mk6 arms are the same as mk7 arms? I think you must have your threads mixed up or your panties in a bunch. Contemplate why fomoco would redesign a lower control arm just because the car is European? They wouldn't because they are in it to make money..... Not to redesign and make more parts for the same platform somewhere else on the planet to lose money.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lays

Well I did something called research over on the Uk ford website and this control arm can be used in the ST models even here in America. Imagine that... there are two types of control arms fitted in the mk6 and this happens to be one of them according to the bloaks* across the pond that will also Fit the ST's* If you look these have the same style lower control arm and pinch style bolt style ball joints. If you're that worked up about it send an email to Hardrace*

The only difference between the control arms from what I've seen is the size of the bushings for the front bolt that usually people install traction bars in.

I have non-st control arms from MOOG, and all I had to do to make them fit was swap the bushings in the front with ST ones. They're like $40 each for the base-model moog control arms vs like $150 each from Ford for ST.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The only difference between the control arms from what I've seen is the size of the bushings for the front bolt that usually people install traction bars in.

I have non-st control arms from MOOG, and all I had to do to make them fit was swap the bushings in the front with ST ones. They're like $40 each for the base-model moog control arms vs like $150 each from Ford for ST.
I was quoted about $240ish a piece from the local dealer as of last week* for stock lower control arms.

Lays

I was quoted about $240ish a piece from the local dealer as of last week* for stock lower control arms.

Ouch!
Last I saw they were like $150-190 I think, I guess they went up again :(

The moog ones I bought were like $40 something each with a parts discount on my dad's tow-truck companies account, but I think regular price is like 60-70. What I did was buy both, then get power-flex bushings since the bushings need to be swapped anyways. Still cheaper than OEM, and they have that nicer style ball joint shown in pictures above.

Ouch!
Last I saw they were like $150-190 I think, I guess they went up again :(

The moog ones I bought were like $40 something each with a parts discount on my dad's tow-truck companies account, but I think regular price is like 60-70. What I did was buy both, then get power-flex bushings since the bushings need to be swapped anyways. Still cheaper than OEM, and they have that nicer style ball joint shown in pictures above.
You're saying the base Fiesta Moog control arms come with the nicer ball joint referenced a couple pages back that "hopefully" will last longer than the OEM ball joints on the ST control arms? And the only non-compatibility with the ST is the bushings which can be upgraded to the Powerflex anyway?

If so, that does seem like the right answer. You have the part number for the Moog control arms you used? Obviously, we can look up by the base Fiesta, but a number to be sure would be good.

Lays

You're saying the base Fiesta Moog control arms come with the nicer ball joint referenced a couple pages back that "hopefully" will last longer than the OEM ball joints on the ST control arms? And the only non-compatibility with the ST is the bushings which can be upgraded to the Powerflex anyway?

If so, that does seem like the right answer. You have the part number for the Moog control arms you used? Obviously, we can look up by the base Fiesta, but a number to be sure would be good.
Yup!

I don't have the part number on hand unfortunately. The rear bushing can be used, its just the front ones that need to be swapped, with either an OEM or the powerflex ones.

Ford Community Posts