Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LCA Options?

In to see what [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] can come up with. Just installed some new brakes and found my driver side ball-joint was split open and is oozing grease.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
In to see what [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] can come up with. Just installed some new brakes and found my driver side ball-joint was split open and is oozing grease.
the update is I can bring in the Hard Race part, just need to set up my account
I also have a company sourcing a similar set to the Hard Race that exclusive to whoosh....

I got these a couple weeks ago, I just haven't been able to get the time to put them on yet. Once I do I will post a review.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #65
FYI Boots on both side failed after one month. They're sending me new boots, but I'm not even sure if it's removable?

The flaw exist in that the top of the boot doesn't have the solid metal washer stopper that prevents the knuckle from going in too much. When installing, it's easy to go past the stopper and crush the boot. Here's a pic of an OEM one

FYI Boots on both side failed after one month. They're sending me new boots, but I'm not even sure if it's removable?

The flaw exist in that the top of the boot doesn't have the solid metal washer stopper that prevents the knuckle from going in too much. When installing, it's easy to go past the stopper and crush the boot. Here's a pic of an OEM one
So is this a use failure or a installation issue?

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #67
More like design issue, you can see the first pic in the boot there's a groove which holds the top of the boot washer in place. It's completely off and pushed in.

Bump on this. My OEM LCA ball joint boot is completely torn after this season at the track and looking to replace them before the car goes into winter mode.

To everyone that had the ball joint boots fail from heat, are you just replacing the ball joints or the whole LCA as a unit?

The ball joint and LCA are one piece, so in order to replace the ball joint you have to replace the LCA in its entirety (per Xuper's original post in this thread).

I bought 2x of these Moog K500255 ball joints and they look like they fit when I compared them as they fit the Fiesta S, SE and Titanium.

I haven't had to fit them yet, but I can take some photos with measurements if anyone is interested.

Measurements are from the website

Height: 1.550 inch
Outer Diameterr: 1.650 inch
Inner Diameter: 1.510 inch
Length: 1.550 inch

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7182212&jsn=3

I bought 2x of these Moog K500255 ball joints and they look like they fit when I compared them as they fit the Fiesta S, SE and Titanium.

I haven't had to fit them yet, but I can take some photos with measurements if anyone is interested.

Measurements are from the website

Height: 1.550 inch
Outer Diameterr: 1.650 inch
Inner Diameter: 1.510 inch
Length: 1.550 inch

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7182212&jsn=3
I am interested, especially if the ones on the Hard Race part are prone to failure.

Reviving this thread, has there been any updates on LCA options since last year? I was looking into upgrading the LCA bushings (Powerflex and Whiteline), but the Hard Race replacement seems intriguing. Does anyone else have feedback on them? I'd be interested in the version with the roll center adjusters built in.

I have had mine installed for about 6 months now, and I really like them. Solid part, well built, and improves the turn-in greatly. The car really feels like it is on rails, very responsive.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have had mine installed for about 6 months now, and I really like them. Solid part, well built, and improves the turn-in greatly. The car really feels like it is on rails, very responsive.
From whom did you buy them?

From whom did you buy them?
I emailed sales@buyhardrace.com

Part number 7236 front lower control arm for Ford Fiesta

I will note that I did have to modify it slightly, which was to enlarge the bolt hole in the smaller bushing by a couple of mm.

Any half way decent shop will have a drill press and shouldn't be a big deal.

Yikes, that's pretty! Caster doesn't looks to be adjustable, tho'
It doesn't show anywhere what the weight savings are either. But, the manufacturer makes camber plates for the FiST, and I haven't found any others yet so that's exciting.