Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALLED - Meister R Coilovers/ Impressions, Pics, Etc.

I'm not sure I completely understand... It just grazed the top of my head. Can you break it down a little more? When I go to edit my post should I replace "loaded/on the ground" with "free compression travel" and "unloaded/in the air" with "full droop?"

Scent from Glade Air Freshener
Droop = wheels unloaded/in the air, like when the car is on jackstands
Static Ride Height = "Loaded"/on the ground. I don't like using the word loaded because it implies additional loading beyond just the cars weight.

The sequence I recall is full droop, partially loaded, fully loaded, hangover, full droop. Repeat Saturday night. Lol.

How about wheels hanging free, wheels on ground. Get too technical and someone is sure to start on about different suspensions having different terminology.
There are common terms throughout all suspension design. Fat Cat recently posted the camber curve for the ND Miata and uses helpful terminology to show where the suspension is through its total stroke, from droop to bump [compression]. "Wheel position" in the graph is the distance from the axle centerline to fender lip.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Droop = wheels unloaded/in the air, like when the car is on jackstands
Static Ride Height = "Loaded"/on the ground. I don't like using the word loaded because it implies additional loading beyond just the cars weight.

There are common terms throughout all suspension design. Fat Cat recently posted the camber curve for the ND Miata and uses helpful terminology to show where the suspension is through its total stroke, from droop to bump [compression]. "Wheel position" in the graph is the distance from the axle centerline to fender lip.

I definitely appreciate the quick explanation! I'll go through and edit terms later on. Thanks, again!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I am so saving up my pennies for this. I need to do brakes next maybe tires but this is so next after that. Maybe next tax season as I have to put a roof on the house this year.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Install video is up finally. For those of you on the fence about coilovers. Watch how easy it was to install them. Only problem we had was the powder coating was overly thick and we had to drill it to make the swaybar end link fit only on the drivers side.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGFvvuIdms
Great job. I am more jealous.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Install video is up finally. For those of you on the fence about coilovers. Watch how easy it was to install them. Only problem we had was the powder coating was overly thick and we had to drill it to make the swaybar end link fit only on the drivers side.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGFvvuIdms
Damn man, sold me, my wife is gonna kill me! [MENTION=2644]OEFvet11[/MENTION] wanna lend a hand on the install lol :)

It was.. Josh who filmed the video is the owner of Rightfootdown.com and we get vehicles all the time Mazda, VW, Ford, Lexus and so on for articles and reviews. I never know what he will show up with. We just had a Golf R for a few days and another editor took it to New Orlans. I write mainly about endurence racing for the website.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So, I've been driving on these for about 2 weeks now. Went in to re-tighten things and so on. Adjusted my dampers to -8F, -10R, and I REALLY love this setting. It feels like OEM stiffness, but better and smoother. So without much ado...

The good:
? More Road Feel in the steering wheel
? No bumpsteer experienced
? No choppiness
? Smoother/better ride than OEM

The bad:
? Have to lift the car to adjust rear damper setting (meh)

Honestly, I'm a little afraid to push the car on public roads. I believe with my suspension mods that the cars capabilities now far exceed my own.

Siestarider

"Honestly, I'm a little afraid to push the car on public roads. I believe with my suspension mods that the cars capabilities now far exceed my own."

Hijinks, you are a better driver than I. My first trip to Deal's Gap proved to me that with lighter wheels and a tune, my Fist was so much better a car than I was a driver that it forced me to the track.

18 months and 15 track days later, I am close to driving the car at its limits on track. I have never had so much fun in any other car. Still, I believe Meister coils will be my next mod. The more I learn to drive on track, the more I appreciate this car. My poor Cyborg is still on the shelf, waiting for a chance to express itself.

I find myself driving more conservatively on street as I get quicker on track. With a joyous blast now and then to remind me the trip is the purpose. Too flat around here.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
"Honestly, I'm a little afraid to push the car on public roads. I believe with my suspension mods that the cars capabilities now far exceed my own."

Hijinks, you are a better driver than I. My first trip to Deal's Gap proved to me that with lighter wheels and a tune, my Fist was so much better a car than I was a driver that it forced me to the track.

18 months and 15 track days later, I am close to driving the car at its limits on track. I have never had so much fun in any other car. Still, I believe Meister coils will be my next mod. The more I learn to drive on track, the more I appreciate this car. My poor Cyborg is still on the shelf, waiting for a chance to express itself.

I find myself driving more conservatively on street as I get quicker on track. With a joyous blast now and then to remind me the trip is the purpose. Too flat around here.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Siesta, but no way lol. I've pushed OEM to the limits in the mountains a couple times, but I don't have any track time. I just wise enough to know this car is too fast for me to push on public roads.

Good review, I've been sitting on the fence now I know what to ask for at Christmas

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #75
I've had these on my car for a little over a month and maybe 500 miles, and they have totally settled and definitely take my car up to another handling level.

My car looks good, handles good, and I am very impressed with what these MeisterR coilovers provide to me on my car for $1k. Thank you, Jerrick

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Okay first impressions, I had these bad boys on for about 50 miles, front and rear set to 8 turns from full hard, the height is out of the box, the car is on freaking rails and I need some sticker tires, chasing an R8 through some backroads my car is flying! Very very satisfied!

MeisterR

Vendor
Been a month now, anyone put some miles on both as a daily and spirited drive?
How are comfort and response? :)

Jerrick

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine does the same occasionally. But so did the Konis. And so did the oem. So I figured it was econobox-life. Maybe not?