Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALLED - Meister R Coilovers/ Impressions, Pics, Etc.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
IF I eventually decide to go with a single adjustment coil over, (vs. a Koni Sport coil over conversion) THOSE will be the ones! ;)
Right on, yeah I myself took the leap based on the great reviews. Will chime in with my initial thoughts etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's everyone doing with tire pressures with these coils? does changing the suspension change the recommended tire pressures? what's the point of the 39/36 psi F/R? I'm at -8/-10 clicks F/R from full stiff now and i'm going to start messing with it to find a more comfortable setting for my roads. any recommendations? how soft can i go without totally ruining the handling?

Does anyone know how low these coilovers go when they are at their lowest ride height setting?
i think you could tuck tire a bit

MeisterR

Vendor
Tire pressure, much like damping adjustment, is all a personal preference as well as dependant of the overall package.
Tire pressure greatly depend on what you are doing, the compound of the tires, as well as the side wall stiffness.
I would leave it the same when tuning the dampers, because you don't want too many things to change at once so you are able to isolate the changes.

As far as damping, there really isn't a "best" setting so to speak as it depends on what your preference are.
That is why having the adjustment makes such a huge difference, because everyone have different preference on the steering response and ride quality they like.
Play around a bit, and if you have a problem just ask us. We are always happy to help out.

Jerrick

Waterfan

what's everyone doing with tire pressures with these coils? does changing the suspension change the recommended tire pressures? what's the point of the 39/36 psi F/R? I'm at -8/-10 clicks F/R from full stiff now and i'm going to start messing with it to find a more comfortable setting for my roads. any recommendations? how soft can i go without totally ruining the handling?
I personally would not want to ever go lower than 32/29. (Apples to Unicorns: I LOVE my 205/45-16 BFG SC2s at 42/39 on 100% stock suspension. Tried 39/36 for a while and it was noticeably more comfortable, but also less grippy - for my driving style. Street and Canyons only, no racing.)

TL;DR - Try going down (or even up) 3 psi increments front and rear until you find your favorite?

MeisterR

Vendor
Just thought I posted up something I found interesting from this year AutoSport Show in UK.

One of the rather unique feature of the MeisterR GT1 dampers is that we use a double 44mm piston inside.
This is different from other dampers as the GT1 actually use 2 full size piston with 2 wear tape.
This spread the load and therefore increase side load capacity without going into an inverted design.

This is a rather unique design, and I haven't really seen any other suspension brand using similar design... until last week.

It seems we weren't the only one using this double piston design, MOTON seems to be using this also.

There aren't much literature on the function of their design, and it is probably different from the GT1.
But just thought it is interesting because this is actually the closest I have seen in terms of what the GT1 internals looks like from another suspension provider.

Also, from an engineering point of view, the MOTON's damping adjustment system is a work of art.
Amazing precision and complex, it's no wonder why their 4-way dampers are over $10,000 a set.
Overkill? Yes... but what a thing of beauty. [biggrin]

Just something interesting I found and thought I share... [driving]

Jerrick

Could I get some feedback from owners on how these coilovers handle a) the bounce-house feel on smoother roads/interstate, and b) potholes, broken up road joints, uneven concrete slabs, etc.

You may think you have poorly maintained roads, but mine are worse. I can travel anywhere and find better roads, even nearby towns. It's disgusting. But I've put coilovers on other vehicles and it renders them too uncomfortable to drive on my roads.

Thanks!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Could I get some feedback from owners on how these coilovers handle a) the bounce-house feel on smoother roads/interstate, and b) potholes, broken up road joints, uneven concrete slabs, etc.

You may think you have poorly maintained roads, but mine are worse. I can travel anywhere and find better roads, even nearby towns. It's disgusting. But I've put coilovers on other vehicles and it renders them too uncomfortable to drive on my roads.

Thanks!
Love mine, car handles great, to the point where idk how much I can push it and get away with it.

The ride feels borderline plush at times imo, I had springs before and these can't even be compared. No bounce.

Only con is, I hear a sound here and there but that's coil overs for ya.

Don't know if this matter but I'm glad I went with these over anything else on the market.

Love mine, car handles great, to the point where idk how much I can push it and get away with it.

The ride feels borderline plush at times imo, I had springs before and these can't even be compared. No bounce.

Don't know if this matter but I'm glad I went with these over anything else on the market.

What are your settings? I'm at -12/-15 from full hard. I think -11/-13 will be my summer settings.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What are your settings? I'm at -12/-15 from full hard. I think -11/-13 will be my summer settings.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm at -10/-12 from stiff for every day driving, but I'm also in Florida where the roads aren't terrible. The car handles like stock but absorbs bumps a whole lot better. I could probably go a bit softer and not give up much in terms of handling, but I'm happy where it's at.

-8/-10 is perfect for autocross imo, very little body roll and everything is nice and controlled but I would absolutely recommend against using it for every day driving unless your roads are smooth as glass.

Thanks! I'd love to hear from more owners on this!

MeisterR

Vendor
We are now building up our website owners review's section.
If anyone have any more reviews and picture it will be greatly appreciated. :)

Of course, if anyone have any questions.
Please feel free to let me know, it is what I am here for. ;)

Jerrick

I just installed the MeisterR CRD yesterday. I have to say it is miles better than the stock. The installation is straightforward. It is just quite difficult to toque the top strut bolts properly with a torque wrench.
Right now I am using 195/50/16 winter tire with default ride height from MeisterR, no rubbing.
The road here in the Long Island and NYC is horribly cratered due to the excessive salt usage. I am using 10F/13R from full hard, the ride is so much much more comfortable than the stock. I couldn't push it very hard due to winter tire. The cornering is very flat, turn in is sharper than the stock. I do enjoy more driving this fantastic little hatch.
I will have more to report when spring finally come in the near future.
I think this is a must have upgrade for the FIST. I am very satisfied.
One minor flaw is the stock tree clip for the ABS wire doesn't fit on the coilover. A simple cable tie will do the trick, nothing big.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Love mine, as time goes by, I am more and more impressed ;furthermore, they have been a gem here in the winter. We got snow this year :)

Highly recommended!

MeisterR

Vendor
Just bringing this back up, if anyone have any new review or update, please feel free to add them in. :)

Also, this is something I put together recently just showing what we do in and out of our workshop.

[video=youtube;R-Om8NXJv4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Om8NXJv4c[/video]

Jerrick