Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALLED - Meister R Coilovers/ Impressions, Pics, Etc.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Ever figure yours out? Turns out my squeaks were coming from the rubber boots in the front. They had bunched up and were rubbing the spring.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I lived everything but the sound still remains, maybe I have the same issue? Did your noise go away?

Sent from my CIA monitored device

I lived everything but the sound still remains, maybe I have the same issue? Did your noise go away?

Sent from my CIA monitored device
I only fixed one side at first. No sound from that side after. Fixed the other side shortly thereafter.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MeisterR

Vendor
Just bumping this up to see if there are any new reviews.
As usual, if anyone have questions just let me know. :)

Jerrick

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Close to 20k miles and just had one of the top hats loosen up. This is typical in my experiences with camber plates and disastrous New England roads.

No big deal tho. I pulled the offending coil off, took it apart for a good cleaning and lube before reassembling everything. Did the same to partner coil while I had the car up. This is something I normally do once a year to coils anyway but neglected to over the summer...

Coils feel amazing again and I couldn't be happier with my choice to go MR.

A few pics to show just how filthy these get if neglected.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
[MENTION=4680]MeisterR[/MENTION]

How is this happening to the top spring seat? Notice the pitting.Both sides had pitting on the spring seats. It looks like it's being hit by something but what? The spring would never make contact there. In fact, nothing should be making contact there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MeisterR

Vendor
[MENTION=4680]MeisterR[/MENTION]
How is this happening to the top spring seat? Notice the pitting.Both sides had pitting on the spring seats. It looks like it's being hit by something but what? The spring would never make contact there. In fact, nothing should be making contact there.
If you are talking about the centre, that is probably from debris that are sitting on top of the rubber boot / bump stop hitting against the centre of the top late.

The contact point for the bump stop is that top plate.

Jerrick

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
ah ok. that makes sense. all the more reason to clean them periodically. thx!

Wait, so if I install these, I am going to have to pull them out every year to clean the debris off the top?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
These or any coilover needs a lil extra lovin, imo. Most people don't give a shit and run coils into the ground. I like to take extra care of my stuff. I went over 20k miles (2 yrs.) before pulling them. Had they not loosened up on me i would have waited until the summer, putting it at about 25k before servicing them. But i DO clean the threads on the shock bodies every year to mitigate the oxidation that makes height adjustments impossible. As long as they stay tight, you could do nothing forever and be totally happy until the day you want to change the height and your collars are fused. So no, you don't HAVE to pull them every year but i recommend a good clean and lube of the threads after every winter.

I too like to take care of my things. Cleaning the threads is a given especially in salty road areas. I’ve always swapped my winter wheels on and raised my suspension for winter while giving everything a good once over. Not sure when I’ll be able to swap coil overs into my fiesta, but these are the top of the list atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bumping this up to see if there are any new reviews.
As usual, if anyone have questions just let me know. :)

Jerrick
Hi Jerrick [MENTION=4680]MeisterR[/MENTION]
I'd be interested in a quote for a set sent to Calgary/Canada [thumb]

Last edited:

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Almost a year and several autocrosses and track days later....still going strong!

I did have to replace my dust boots though. I ended up ordering a generic set online and replacing them. Not 100% perfect fit but they'll work well enough.

I'd like to see some replacement parts made available to order online on your website in the future.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
2 yrs and 25k miles and going strong. Had only one issue. After a 2.5 hour drive the driver side top hat loosened up and started clunking. Once i got back home, i pulled the coil and tightened it all up and it's been fine. That was last Thanksgiving. That happens to the BC Racing coils on my wife's van almost every 6 moths. These NJ roads are brutal. The MRs stayed tight waaay longer than the BCs ever have.

I also want to see online ordering for all parts!!! BC already does this and it's made caring for their coils for 4 years way more convenient.

For the sake of continuity, I'll bring this thread back to life. I just ordered the MeisterR GT1 suspension for $1595.00. Yep that's $400 off [ohcrap][clap]. GO BLACK FRIDAY!

I'm waiting for them to be built and shipped. I'll post up after the install [wrenchin]

koozy

3000 Post Club
MeisterR ZetaCRD+ 2.0

Been on these for a bit and have been very happy with them. Previous setup was Bilstein B8's w/ST Sport Springs. I would have stayed with this setup if it weren't for the fender/liner rubbing after mounting the 16x8 Dekagrams w/215-45-16 even after rolling the fender and clearing areas of the liner. The proposition wasn't looking too good not being able to adjust the height/camber needed to address the rubbing. Coil overs were the obvious answer for me. After some research I settled on MeisterR's because of their involvement with developing their setup specifically for the Fiesta ST, knowledge, warranty, and customer support. I've reached out to Jerrick @MeisterR a number of times and each time my inquiries were addressed.

For details of the kit check out their webpage. https://www.meisterr.com/products/meisterr-zetacrd-coilovers-for-ford-fiesta-st-mk6mk7-08/

I reference their kit as 2.0 because there has been some minor changes with the kit recently, mainly that front and rear damper adjustments are now both accessible from the top. At the time I was the first in the U.S. to receive the new kits, which are now available to all.

The setup has been a dream, easy to install, easy to adjust and the ride, the ride comfort has improved in my opinion 10 fold, this alone has made the transition worth it even though this setup has higher spring rates. Handling has also improved, that I find myself grinning from my state of awe. Most importantly and the reason I moved to coil overs is no more rubbing! which was driving me nuts and putting a damper in my over all driving enjoyment of the car.

Front adjustments.

Rear damper adjustment now accessible from the top.

Simply peel back the rear cargo carpeting to access rear adjustment.

Mounting provisions for the ABS wire is present.

Last edited:
MeisterR ZetaCRD+ 2.0

Been on these for a bit and have been very happy with them. Previous setup was Bilstein B8's w/ST Sport Springs. I would have stayed with this setup if it weren't for the fender/liner rubbing after mounting the 16x8 Dekagrams w/215-45-16 even after rolling the fender and clearing areas of the liner. The proposition wasn't looking too good not being able to adjust the height/camber needed to address the rubbing. Coil overs were the obvious answer for me. After some research I settled on MeisterR's because of their involvement with developing their setup specifically for the Fiesta ST, knowledge, warranty, and customer support. I've reached out to Jerrick @MeisterR a number of times and each time my inquiries were addressed.

For details of the kit check out their webpage. https://www.meisterr.com/products/meisterr-zetacrd-coilovers-for-ford-fiesta-st-mk6mk7-08/

I reference their kit as 2.0 because there has been some minor changes with the kit recently, mainly that front and rear damper adjustments are now both accessible from the top. At the time I was the first in the U.S. to receive the new kits, which are now available to all.

The setup has been a dream, easy to install, easy to adjust and the ride, the ride comfort has improved in my opinion 10 fold, this alone has made the transition worth it even though this setup has higher spring rates. Handling has also improved, that I find myself grinning from my state of awe. Most importantly and the reason I moved to coil overs is no more rubbing! which was driving me nuts and putting a damper in my over all driving enjoyment of the car.

Front adjustments.

Rear damper adjustment now accessible from the top.

Simply peel back the rear cargo carpeting to access rear adjustment.

Mounting provisions for the ABS wire is present.

Thanks for the update. This is going to be my next suspension change. I have done the Bilstein/Springs and 16x8 route already and although an improvement from stock I am still looking for a better compromise between all out performance and compliance. This sounds like it might be the right solution and being able to adjust both front and rear is a real plus as I do AutoX and an occasional track day.

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thanks for the update. This is going to be my next suspension change. I have done the Bilstein/Springs and 16x8 route already and although an improvement from stock I am still looking for a better compromise between all out performance and compliance. This sounds like it might be the right solution and being able to adjust both front and rear is a real plus as do AutoX and an occasional track day.
You will be pleased.