Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

cleaning the cloth part of the recaros

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Any good ways to keep this clean? I work in a weld shop so my pants get all kinds of nastyness on them. And I have the grey inserts. Id like to clean up whats already on there (it isn't a lot but I notice it) and I will be wrapping a towel around the base at least for work. Anyways I want to get the seats back to factory fresh at the most so I can show it off. I already have other things to clean the rest of the interior.

A steam cleaner does wonders on that kind of cleaning. If you don't have one and can't borrow one, you can rent them. Clean your house carpet while you're at it so it's not just rented to clean your seats.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll give those suggestions a try this weekend.

Tuff Stuff multipurpose foam cleaner. Spray the area, let it sit for a few min then wipe it off using MF towel.

Since this was up near the top I didn't want to start a new thread.

I spilled a bit of coffee today on my way to work, there's a really fun roundabout on my route and I guess I didn't drink enough of my brew so it spilled a bit on to the seat.

Any suggestions, or should the cleaners mentioned already do the trick?

When I used to detail cars I would use a product called Folex. It's super cheap and is very good at getting stains out of carpets and cloth seats. I would spray the Folex on a bush and agitate the stained area. After that take a short pile microfibre or any kind of towel and soak it up by apply pressure in a twisting motion. There is a very good video on different ways to clean cloth it by a guy named Larry who owns his own detailing company and is one of the best in the business.

[video=youtube;Y2yiBJSlnuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2yiBJSlnuw[/video]

nickthebig

I have had success cleaning a chocolate stain (a few days old) on the cloth portion of the Recaros with Resolve laundry stain remover. Spray on, let sit a few minutes, gently rub and rinse. The girlfriend is no longer allowed cookies in the car...
Not sure how it would perform on a bigger sized spill though

Ford Community Posts