Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal 595 SS tires 215/40/17

IMG_0044 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

I wouldnt say "slammed" but it is pretty low. And yes, theres plenty of room to go up on the coilovers. They should be able to go pretty much to stock ride height. I just don't want to raise the car as I really love the look right now. I desperately need an alignment though. The front toe out is making them rub worse than they should.

I accidentally aired out the car with the wheels not totally straight when the car was bagged and it caved in where the bumper meets the fender. The rubbing is making it alot worse now and bending it outwards. Going to have to do something about this sooner rather than later.

Update with a few more miles of driving: I think they are quieter than the 615k+. Once I got them warm, they were pretty loud on backroads, but not bad on the highway (the 615s). I think they have a tiny bit less grip than the 615k+ though, which is a little disappointing considering the tread is 0.8" wider (205/40 on the 615). It's like 35 degrees today so I still don't have a comparison with the tires at their proper operating temp. For sure more grip than the 215 s drives I previously had though.

Overall, great value for a performance tire. The 615k+ are $500 plus shipping on tirerack vs the <$300 I got these for and these have a higher treadwear too. I ALMOST pulled the trigger for sport comp 2's at the same price in 205 (8.3" tread width on a 205), but I am glad I went this way, as those would have rubbed worse.

Thanks for the feedback. I was also looking at the sport comp 2s in 205, but didn’t want to pull the trigger right this second. If you could update as you go that would be fantastic. You mentioned the road noise from the 615’s but any back road noise or anything from these yet? I’ll be on swift springs so I think clearance would be ok.

IMG_0044 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

I wouldnt say "slammed" but it is pretty low. And yes, theres plenty of room to go up on the coilovers. They should be able to go pretty much to stock ride height. I just don't want to raise the car as I really love the look right now. I desperately need an alignment though. The front toe out is making them rub worse than they should.

I accidentally aired out the car with the wheels not totally straight when the car was bagged and it caved in where the bumper meets the fender. The rubbing is making it alot worse now and bending it outwards. Going to have to do something about this sooner rather than later.

Update with a few more miles of driving: I think they are quieter than the 615k+. Once I got them warm, they were pretty loud on backroads, but not bad on the highway (the 615s). I think they have a tiny bit less grip than the 615k+ though, which is a little disappointing considering the tread is 0.8" wider (205/40 on the 615). It's like 35 degrees today so I still don't have a comparison with the tires at their proper operating temp. For sure more grip than the 215 s drives I previously had though.

Overall, great value for a performance tire. The 615k+ are $500 plus shipping on tirerack vs the <$300 I got these for and these have a higher treadwear too. I ALMOST pulled the trigger for sport comp 2's at the same price in 205 (8.3" tread width on a 205), but I am glad I went this way, as those would have rubbed worse.

Any update on these? Turn in response, etc.