Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal 595 SS tires 215/40/17

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Bumping thread.

Ive put roughly 1500 miles on my 215/40/17 595 SS tires. This what i have found:
- more grip than 205 potenzas
- seem softer riding, less jarring than stock potenzas- also not as sharp, not horrible but potenzas are defintely more "darty"
- sometimes noisier on some surfaces, but not annoyingly so
- you hear them bark/growl at grip limits
- they fill the wheel wells more and have thicker wheel lip protection than stock 205 potenzas

I initially just purchased two for the front since i didnt want to commit to these (i really wanted Azenis 605k), but am pretty happy with these. Im gonna pick up the matching rears this weekend. Only $65/tire at onlinetire.com.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Love love love
My 215/40/17 595 rsr-RR tires !! The lack of tire spin actually makes them last much longer than other cheaper tires with a better thread wear rating.
The thread is not about the RS-RRs, but, I agree, the ONLY negative I can think of for them is their 'singing' LOUDLY at highway speeds (IF that bothers you a lot).

But, most other semi-slick, 200 tread wear or less stickies are not exactly silent either at highway speeds. [wink]

The 215/40/17s fill the wheelwell more than the 205/40s.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
Having run this setup they are too wide for stock rims and you end up with too much tire roll. The 205s end up being being around 215s in width and achieve the same thing without being too wide and wallowy. This is for 595 SS as there are no 595 RSR in 205/40/r17.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Having run this setup they are too wide for stock rims and you end up with too much tire roll. The 205s end up being being around 215s in width and achieve the same thing without being too wide and wallowy. This is for 595 SS as there are no 595 RSR in 205/40/r17.
Im running them on 7.5 wide wheels currently. The dont bulge too much if at all.

Im running them on 7.5 wide wheels currently. The dont bulge too much if at all.

Yeah that half inch made the difference. Otherwise its like running 225s on a 7" rim with a softish sidewall.

I was wrong though, I had the 595 Evos. Even with the XL sidewall they just felt soft.

Anyone installing the 595SS in 205/40/R17, did you run into any issues with the load rating being 80 as opposed to 84? It is still higher than the axle GVWRs.

I have a set of the 595 EVO on the way in 215 40 17 on a 8" wide wheel. I originally ordered the 595SS but after seeing the 0.5" wider tread for minimal extra cost, I went with the EVO's. Im replacing my Azenis 615k+ with them so I think itll be a good comparison. I have loved the performance of the 615's but I wore through them in like 6 months. The rears are still perfect but 3/4 tires have nails in them so I just went for a whole new set.

Ill report back once I get some seat time.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I have a set of the 595 EVO on the way in 215 40 17 on a 8" wide wheel. I originally ordered the 595SS but after seeing the 0.5" wider tread for minimal extra cost, I went with the EVO's. Im replacing my Azenis 615k+ with them so I think itll be a good comparison. I have loved the performance of the 615's but I wore through them in like 6 months. The rears are still perfect but 3/4 tires have nails in them so I just went for a whole new set.

I am a fan of the RT615K as well. I'd love to know how the Federal compare.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Same here, want to know your feedback on these, since some on here have claimed that their 'touring tire soft' side walls leads to a 'mushy' turn-in response, even on an 8" wide wheel (WHY I elected to go with the 0.3" narrower tread width RS-RRs instead of the Evos ;) ).

Please keep us updated. I'm having this very debate internally right now. I love the price of the EVO, I need a 215/40 and there isn't a whole lot of feedback out there about them. I have also considered the RS-R's, but I'd love some longevity out of the tires and I am trying not to have terrible tire noise.

well, I got the 215 40 17 595 evo on last night.

It was too cold to really test them out but they for sure gripped better in 3rd than I was expecting.

Bad news is that they rub a decent amount. (17x8 et 40 hypergrams). I really like how they look but I can't fit a full finger between the tire and quarter in the back. Ill most likely just end up giving the fenders a little roll/pull and see if I can keep the same height without any rubbing. I doubt I can have people in the backseat without constant rubbing, which isn't cool for a daily.

If you are stock height or just springs they should be fine (or just a little more offset). I had 215/40/17 s drives on my turbomacs (17x8 et 42) and those didnt rub at all.

Also cant stand the flames on the side of the tires.

It was too cold to really test them out but they for sure gripped better in 3rd than I was expecting.

Bad news is that they rub a decent amount. (17x8 et 40 hypergrams). I really like how they look but I can't fit a full finger between the tire and quarter in the back. Ill most likely just end up giving the fenders a little roll/pull and see if I can keep the same height without any rubbing. I doubt I can have people in the backseat without constant rubbing, which isn't cool for a daily.

If you are stock height or just springs they should be fine (or just a little more offset). I had 215/40/17 s drives on my turbomacs (17x8 et 42) and those didnt rub at all.

What suspension are you running, and how much are you lowered by?

I'm on the exact same tires and wheels, but at stock ride height. I have 0 rubbing issues.

I've been contemplating getting a set of Swift lowering springs so it would be good to know if I would run into fitment issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HSD Coilovers from the description he has in his signature. I will be on B8/Swift here shortly, but won't be putting my 17x8 on anytime soon. I'll stay tuned for a further review of the tires (especially in the noise aspect), but I knew they ran a little wider than normal 215/40's.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Are you 'slammed' on those HSDs?

Could they be adjusted high enough to stop the rubbing without any fender messaging?