Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm definitely curious on your results from the FoST intercooler!
I'm reaching out to a local shop to see about getting some mounting brackets fabricated and welded to the intercooler. After that figure out how to block off the opening from the map sensor the focus uses on the intercooler, then I can install it.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I havr an idea for the map sensor. Get a sensor that fits it, install it, and don't plug any wires into it, lol. If it shares the sensor mount with the fist, its a common sensor.

I havr an idea for the map sensor. Get a sensor that fits it, install it, and don't plug any wires into it, lol. If it shares the sensor mount with the fist, its a common sensor.
Not to De rail the thread, I was planning on picking up the focus map sensor since it's only $30ish and just using that :cool:

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
For less restriction I would just cut a piece of aluminum and screw it down over the top.

If you get a sensor, cut it off flush with the piping and mount it.

catted DP options? are they throwing CEL lights?

Based on my experience with exhausts I feel like a Catted downpipe and factory exhaust will be the sound I am looking for.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Opps, this is a DP thread, not IC, let's get back on topic, me included:)

----------------

I built my own catted DP and exhaust and have never had a code, mine is less restrictive than any others I have seen so I doubt they would throw a code.

catted DP options? are they throwing CEL lights?

Based on my experience with exhausts I feel like a Catted downpipe and factory exhaust will be the sound I am looking for.
+1 [shakehands] ... the catted DPs shouldn't from what I hear, although Cobb says their increased airflow pass the sensor may still cause it to CEL. However, some catless DP's come with an adapter to mount the sensor a little further back to prevent CEL. I have seen them sold separately for like $18. should work on catted if needed?!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Moving the sensor back can defeat some of the reason of running a catted pipe so I only use it as a temp solution and try to fix the problem.

I have used 45 degree sensor bungs to clean up the air flow around them with no issues so I always build with them now, cat works fine, system works fine, no lights.

How does the FiST use the o2 sensor in the cat to adjust AFR or other output?
Either way, I guess a proper tune is the best end solution to optimize any mods we make.

I just installed a 2jracing race downpipe and used a o2 spacer. 100 miles in and no CEL. I love the way the turbo spools faster. And the sound.. It sounds very close to stock until I get on it. then it has a nice gargle with a slight pop when letting off the throttle.
I also wrapped it with 2 layers of DEI Titanium Header wrap.
It is the only performance thing I have done to the FiST. The header wrap really seems to keep the temps cooler under the hood.

If power is what you're looking for, then yes the downpipe is your best option. A cat back doesn't give you much power.

I got a question for you guys. Seeing as (from what I just read) that all the downpipes are pretty much compatible with the 2.5" exhausts (like Cobb), would it benefit me to go with the Cobb DP compared to say, the 2JR DP?

I am running the Cobb Cat-Back and I want the DP now to complete the setup, but my problem is that while I love Cobb and wanna go with plenty of their beautiful parts, that $495 price tag on their Cat DP makes me cringe a tiny bit. When you compare it to the 2JR at half the price, it looks really good to go with in comparison.

So those with the 2JR and those with the COBB, how have they been to you and what was the rest of your setup?

I went through this thread with no "direct" answer or good information on how everything really worked out. I get the "I like the noise and turbo spool is faster" aaaaaaand that was about it. But those people nearly all had a tune. From there I got mixed stuff on whether a CEL light would go off or not. I don't want my dealership to know I've been screwing with the car that much...even though my BOV adapter should have given them a hint already. Oh yeah and that boost gauge tube going through the engine. *ahem* anyway.

My 2 current DPs I am looking at are the COBB Catted DP and the 2JR Catless.
Reason for Cobb is that it would complete my exhaust setup as full COBB and the COBB has been sounding great so far so I see no reason to stray.
Reason for 2JR is due to it being catless, it is much cheaper first off, then from what I have read is that going without a cat is better for flow thus giving more power and improving performance(?) But then I worry about the CEL because I am not running a cat and then smog issues and then my dad is gonna whine because now my car is illegal and blah blah blah!

Anyone got an answer for me? Sorry I'm so spazzy, I'm a special snowflake. This is the first time I've ever modified a car to this degree and my last Fiesta had an intake that was on for maybe 300 miles before the accident (STUPID COROLLA!). [:p]

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I got a question for you guys. Seeing as (from what I just read) that all the downpipes are pretty much compatible with the 2.5" exhausts (like Cobb), would it benefit me to go with the Cobb DP compared to say, the 2JR DP?

I am running the Cobb Cat-Back and I want the DP now to complete the setup, but my problem is that while I love Cobb and wanna go with plenty of their beautiful parts, that $495 price tag on their Cat DP makes me cringe a tiny bit. When you compare it to the 2JR at half the price, it looks really good to go with in comparison.

So those with the 2JR and those with the COBB, how have they been to you and what was the rest of your setup?

I went through this thread with no "direct" answer or good information on how everything really worked out. I get the "I like the noise and turbo spool is faster" aaaaaaand that was about it. But those people nearly all had a tune. From there I got mixed stuff on whether a CEL light would go off or not. I don't want my dealership to know I've been screwing with the car that much...even though my BOV adapter should have given them a hint already. Oh yeah and that boost gauge tube going through the engine. *ahem* anyway.

Reason for Cobb is that it would complete my exhaust setup as full COBB and the COBB has been sounding great so far so I see no reason to stray.
Reason for 2JR is due to it being catless, it is much cheaper first off, then from what I have read is that going without a cat is better for flow thus giving more power and improving performance(?) But then I worry about the CEL because I am not running a cat and then smog issues and then my dad is gonna whine because now my car is illegal and blah blah blah!

Anyone got an answer for me? Sorry I'm so spazzy, I'm a special snowflake. This is the first time I've ever modified a car to this degree and my last Fiesta had an intake that was on for maybe 300 miles before the accident (STUPID COROLLA!). [:p]
The ATP catless dp necks down to 2.5 as well. All the answers you need are avail if you search. You will get a cell unless you tune the car for having a hf downpipe.

I just installed a 2jracing race downpipe and used a o2 spacer. 100 miles in and no CEL. I love the way the turbo spools faster. And the sound.. It sounds very close to stock until I get on it. then it has a nice gargle with a slight pop when letting off the throttle.
I also wrapped it with 2 layers of DEI Titanium Header wrap.
It is the only performance thing I have done to the FiST. The header wrap really seems to keep the temps cooler under the hood.
I'm really interested in the CPE stuff, I know them from BMW. Also I think DP and Stock exhaust is the note im looking for. have you heard in person?

not a bad product here. definitely pricey but, good quality, American made parts. my bud here in md fabs these and they are nice. good gain and fast spool on the catless version. paired with either stock or aftermarket muffler has a nice sound.
http://cp-e.com/webstore/product/ford-fiesta-st-qkspl-downpipe/
On stock exhaust?

JPGC

2000 Post Club

I can't speak for the Cobb personally, but I can for the 2JR. As far as how it mates up...it mates up fine to my Borla Catback. The 2JR downpipe is larger in diameter than my catback so the piping isn't the same and it necks down a little into my cat back, but bolts up fine with no leakage. The 2JR is about as cheap as you can get in price and will work and last a long time. It will, however, develop surface rust (no bad) very quickly. It doesn't really bother me, but it may bother others.