Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I was thinking about doing that but I only have the Injen intake and atp downpipe as far as performance mods go. I'll be ordering the IC and CBE next month. Thought it would probably be a bad idea to run stage 3 tune.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
The charge air temp will spike hard if you push it on the Stage 3 OTS tune on the stock IC.
OK thanks for clarifying. But if the cat spikes it'll cause a cel, pull timing or the engine will detonate? I'm trying to understand the worst that can happen.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
OK thanks for clarifying. But if the cat spikes it'll cause a cel?
No, no CEL, just that your charge air temps will be high, probably ~10-15 above ambient will pulling hard with the stock IC, probably will see neg timing correction after 1 or 2 pulls but in the colder weather, you might be able to get away with some more. I ran stage 3 OTS for a good bit, but never hammered the car, but definitely look into an IC man. I might be selling the Levels IC I have currently if you are interested.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
No, no CEL, just that your charge air temps will be high, probably ~10-15 above ambient will pulling hard with the stock IC, probably will see neg timing correction after 1 or 2 pulls but in the colder weather, you might be able to get away with some more. I ran stage 3 OTS for a good bit, but never hammered the car, but definitely look into an IC man. I might be selling the Levels IC I have currently if you are interested.
With or without charge pipe?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I have Cobb's AccessTuner Race and just reviewed the differences between their two OTS maps (stg2 vs stg3)

Aside from raising max boost by ~1psi and disabling the DTC (CEL code) for the cat, the primary difference between Cobb's stg2 and stg3 OTS maps is that Cobb advances ignition timing in their stg3 map by +2 degrees because of the improvements made in reducing charge air temps with having a Cobb IC installed along "with" DP installed for improved overall intake and exhaust airflow efficiency ....As mentioned earlier if you are still running a stock IC on a stg2 or stg3 OTS map then you may very well see some negative timing corrections occur during some "spirited" WOT pulls....For reference the FiST stock IC sees increases in charge temps close to +30 degrees (F) during pulls whereas with Cobb's IC installed charge temps differences seen are really never more than 5~7 degrees during WOT pulls from 2000~6500rpm which allows for more timing advance...

...And although I don't recommend doing so, if you insist on running Cobb's stg2 or stg3 OTS map with a stock IC installed I would strongly suggest closely monitoring "ign timing corr cyl #1 &#4" on your AP...And same applies if your running a stg3 OTS map without a DP ..

Hope that helps...

Some additional info for those interested:

For loads >1.5% and >4500rpm ignition timing is advanced on "borderline base" ignition timing maps for Cobb OTS stages:

Stg1 OTS to Stg2 OTS: +2 deg advance
Stg2 OTS to Stg3 OTS: +2 deg advance

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I have Cobb's AccessTuner Race and just reviewed the differences between their two OTS maps (stg2 vs stg3)

Aside from raising max boost by ~1psi and disabling the DTC (CEL code) for the cat, the primary difference between Cobb's stg2 and stg3 OTS maps is that Cobb advances ignition timing in their stg3 map by +2 degrees because of the improvements made in reducing charge are temps with having a Cobb IC installed....As mentioned earlier if you are still running a stock IC on a stg2 OTS map then you may very well see some negative timing corrections occur during some "spirited" WOT pulls....For reference the FiST stock IC sees increases in charge temps close to +30 degrees (F) during pulls whereas with Cobb's IC installed charge temps differences seen are really never more than 5~7 degrees during WOT pulls from 2000~6500rpm which allows for more timing advance...

Although I don't recommend doing so, if your running Cobb's stg3 OTS map with a stock IC installed I would strongly suggest closely monitoring "ign timing corr cyl #1 &#4" on your AP...

Hope that helps...
Yes that helps thank you. I think I will play it safe and get the proper hardware when ready.

do you have to have a tune for a catless down pipe? also does the 2-j racing catless down pipe come with a 02 censor. Im a noob.. sorry

Your car will more than likely pop up with a CEL light if you are not running a tune for the catless dp. But if you are runing a Cobb AP3 then you will need to run stage 3 tune and to be able to run that you need a list of other parts to go along with it.

For your other question, do you mean the actual o2 sensor or the welded in bung for it to screw into. The aftermarket downpipes will still have a bung in place for the stock o2 sensor to be re-used.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I just installed my atp down pipe yesterday. It was fairly easy. Did anyone else notice a noise that sounds almost like tubro spool/ an exhaust leak ? And has anyone noticed and boost drops ? Im noticing half a pound less on my spikes but it does spool faster thanks guys!

How do you like the atp pipe ? I was thinking of going with it because its cat less reasonable price and 304 ss i def want a 304 so there is no surface rusting. Atp seemed like the best way to go for me unless cobb came out with a cat less version

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
How do you like the atp pipe ? I was thinking of going with it because its cat less reasonable price and 304 ss i def want a 304 so there is no surface rusting. Atp seemed like the best way to go for me unless cobb came out with a cat less version
The pipe itself looks amazing the welds look nice and it fits perfectly. I am noticing a bit more toque and the car is a bit louder as well not enough to piss off the neighbors though.

So I want to go ATP on my car. I previously ran one on my Abarth. Can someone confirm I can reuse the oem gasket and bolts? I needed longer studs on my Abarth and the gasket was metal.