Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Gasket should be reusable if you take care getting it apart . The bolts are pressed into the factory downpipe and are not usable .

Gasket should be reusable if you take care getting it apart . The bolts are pressed into the factory downpipe and are not usable .
ATP come with studs? Assume it doesn't since my last install but maybe the changed things up?

So I want to go ATP on my car. I previously ran one on my Abarth. Can someone confirm I can reuse the oem gasket and bolts? I needed longer studs on my Abarth and the gasket was metal.
Just installed the atp downpipe as well. They included these useless stud bolts and didn't bother including any gaskets. Luckily when I ordered cobb catback, they included one extra gasket and pair of bolts and nuts so I just used those. I don't know if the stock gaskets are 2.5" but I'm pretty sure they're not.

MOFiST

In preparation for doing this job and since I don’t have studs with my used DP can you point me towards what I should purchase studs or bolts wise?
I've got the 2JR catted fwiw.

MOFiST

So I looked at the Cobb downpipe install instructions and it made no mention of requiring studs. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

So I looked at the Cobb downpipe install instructions and it made no mention of requiring studs. Can anyone confirm or deny this.
3 bolts that attaches to the turbo, you need to re-use the factory bolts. Lower 2 bolts that attach to the catback, you need separate nuts and bolts. I'm pretty sure cobb downpipe includes a set of bolts and gaskets. My ATP downpipe didn't.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
3 bolts that attaches to the turbo, you need to re-use the factory bolts. Lower 2 bolts that attach to the catback, you need separate nuts and bolts. I'm pretty sure cobb downpipe includes a set of bolts and gaskets. My ATP downpipe didn't.
I'm hoping this is the case because this is the one I will choose later down the road. Can anybody else chime in on this?

MOFiST

Thanks. I like to have all the parts before starting the job.
I understand you re-use the fire ring from the factory downpipe so I'd only need a larger CBE gasket (which I've ordered) to fit my Milltek CBE.

koozy

3000 Post Club
that's correct, the Cobb DP re-uses the OEM bolts to the turbo. Cobb includes new bolts/nuts and a new gasket for the DP to Catback connection; and a Cobb license plate frame.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
that's correct, the Cobb DP re-uses the OEM bolts to the turbo. Cobb includes new bolts/nuts and a new gasket for the DP to Catback connection; and a Cobb license plate frame.
Then I'm definitely going with them. I like having everything and just plug and playing.

Butterybunz

My ATP downpipe came with hardware?
No Gasket, but it came with bolts.

My ATP downpipe came with hardware?
No Gasket, but it came with bolts.
Excellent. Mine should be here today. The studs need to be pressed in the dp. Are you running a CBE? If not I was curious how well the ATP met the oem CBE flange.

Butterybunz

I haven't installed mine yet. Dont you just use the provided stud bolts? The three smaller ones to attach the DP to manifold?

I'm confused.

Those ones are worthless and just strip if you have the ATP downpipe. We did mine at my buddys exhaust shop that his family has owned for 20+ years so he knows how to install DPs, headers, etc and they still stripped. We just used traditional nut and bolts that he had at the shop.

Butterybunz

Those ones are worthless and just strip if you have the ATP downpipe. We did mine at my buddys exhaust shop that his family has owned for 20+ years so he knows how to install DPs, headers, etc and they still stripped. We just used traditional nut and bolts that he had at the shop.
Good to know!