Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just bought a Mountune DP, and can't find anyone who will install it.
Wondering if it's worth it now with the stock turbo.
Haven't seen any dyno charts on aftermarket DP vs stock DP.
I've been reading various thoughts on the subject, no definitive answers.
I have the Mountune cbe, intercooler and Cobb tuner.
I'm running the stock intake box with a K&N.
I want to keep the air charge cool.
What about this one?

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...o-s-Fiesta-ST-Downpipe-R-amp-D?highlight=pipe

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Just ordered the whoosh catless for my '17. Gonna be keeping the stock catback (more like downpipe back I guess haha), to see what it sounds like (don't fancy loud drone filled exhausts)

Just ordered the whoosh catless for my '17. Gonna be keeping the stock catback (more like downpipe back I guess haha), to see what it sounds like (don't fancy loud drone filled exhausts)
What is your plan for a tune on this? I have a catless 2J that I have not yet installed, but I am unsure atm if I will definitely need a custom tune, or if anyone is running a stage 3 OTS map on a catless dp

What is your plan for a tune on this? I have a catless 2J that I have not yet installed, but I am unsure atm if I will definitely need a custom tune, or if anyone is running a stage 3 OTS map on a catless dp
I used to run Cobb stage 3 OTS with an atp catless downpipe. Didnt have any issues. But, a custom tune will certainly help take full advantage.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
ANYONE try the Depo Racing catted downpipe for only $279? Like that it's only a 100 cell, should be just enough to cut the fumes and can simply run a Cobb Stage 3 tune included on the AP to clear the CEL, is this right? Or is it junk?

ANYONE try the Depo Racing catted downpipe for only $279? Like that it's only a 100 cell, should be just enough to cut the fumes and can simply run a Cobb Stage 3 tune included on the AP to clear the CEL, is this right? Or is it junk?
Go with the Whoosh catted DP for $279
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/copy-of-2014-whoosh-brand-fiesta-st-downpipe-catless-free-shipping

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Installed my ATP DP today and have noticed some things that I do not know what to make of:

-Upstream O2 sensor is pressed up against hard oil line, anyone see this? Not sure if I need to run an elbow defaulter to get it to clear. No CEL, not sure if defouler will mess with Cobb STG III ots.

-Idle seems rough. No leaks, everything nice and tight. I can hear all the lifters tapping away a lot more pronounced. Maybe I am just being a worry wart as with the added flow I will be able to hear and feel a lot more. Did DPs on a MSP3, eclipse and SR20 and never noticed this.

- I know new DPs will smoke a bit to burn off residual film, but I have a black oily residue in tailpipe tips. Car has 4K miles on it.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys,
Looking to liven up my car. I have an open air intake, whoosh ic on order, Cobb access port on order and now I'm looking to figure out the exhaust. From what I've read the dp is the choke point. Have any of you changed out just the dp and had good results?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hey guys,
Looking to liven up my car. I have an open air intake, whoosh ic on order, Cobb access port on order and now I'm looking to figure out the exhaust. From what I've read the dp is the choke point. Have any of you changed out just the dp and had good results?
With the small stock turbo that mostly gives good low end torque, if you open it up much, at all, with exhaust of any kind it can actually hurt that low end torque with very little top end gains; the turbo simply runs out of steam before it can take advantage of that extra flow... But with modern turbo cars that don't have this small, only low end oriented turbo, the DP will always be the choke point... but with ours, it is well matched to the turbo already and shouldn't be changed out until you upgrade the turbo... which isn't THAT much money and with an AP it's easy to get a new tune file to match the new turbo, whenever you actually do it... If you are staying stock turbo, then the AP with tune you've ordered will go well with the FMIC and intake you have with no exhaust mods... Anyone, please feel to correct me if I'm wrong, but I've done quite a bit of research, this is my 3rd GDI-T car in a row I've owned, and that seems to just be the reality with our tiny stock turbo... People are only getting 205-215 WHP with FULL bolts-ons and a tune on stock turbo... That is why my plan is just to get the Mountune $589 AP package with drop in and and motor mount. It also includes better than Cobb, Mountune's tune files as well... THEN eventually do a Stratified tune file, a FMIC and nothing else until I go bigger turbo.

With the small stock turbo that mostly gives good low end torque, if you open it up much, at all, with exhaust of any kind it can actually hurt that low end torque with very little top end gains; the turbo simply runs out of steam before it can take advantage of that extra flow... But with modern turbo cars that don't have this small, only low end oriented turbo, the DP will always be the choke point... but with ours, it is well matched to the turbo already and shouldn't be changed out until you upgrade the turbo... which isn't THAT much money and with an AP it's easy to get a new tune file to match the new turbo, whenever you actually do it... If you are staying stock turbo, then the AP with tune you've ordered will go well with the FMIC and intake you have with no exhaust mods... Anyone, please feel to correct me if I'm wrong, but I've done quite a bit of research, this is my 3rd GDI-T car in a row I've owned, and that seems to just be the reality with our tiny stock turbo... People are only getting 205-215 WHP with FULL bolts-ons and a tune on stock turbo... That is why my plan is just to get the Mountune $589 AP package with drop in and and motor mount. It also includes better than Cobb, Mountune's tune files as well... THEN eventually do a Stratified tune file, a FMIC and nothing else until I go bigger turbo.
Thanks, im going to keep looking into this. From everything I've read it's split 50/50. Some people say the dp is a problem then others agree with you. This is my first turbo car and I know it's a tiny one. Just want to make sure I get the most out of the turbo I got. I do about 60-80 miles a day highway so I don't want to be listening to a loud exhaust if I can avoid it!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks, im going to keep looking into this. From everything I've read it's split 50/50. Some people say the dp is a problem then others agree with you. This is my first turbo car and I know it's a tiny one. Just want to make sure I get the most out of the turbo I got. I do about 60-80 miles a day highway so I don't want to be listening to a loud exhaust if I can avoid it!
I hear you, I'm looking for all the input I can get too... But one thing for sure is just the additional flow from the DP will make even the stock exhaust louder, but not excessively... the stock exhaust actually flows pretty well, but of all the flow related items to upgrade it was smart going FMIC first, as that has some actual gains while holding them more consistently than the somewhat decent stock FMIC... I just know it's pretty well universally accepted that Ford actually did a good job matching up flow items with the stock turbo, that's why the turbo upgrades are so popular with those wanting to make any kind of serious power... My last car had a twin-scroll, I'm personally leaning on going with that in a hybrid so to retain compatibility when it comes time for that but that's probably at least a year away.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Hey guys,

I have a fswerks exhaust on mine and it's not loud at all inside the car I really don't notice it. The stock exhaust was just way too quiet for me the fswerks sounds good on the outside no drone whatsoever. I'm personally not going to mess with the downpipe and I'm going to leave my Turbo stock, I don't need to lose my license know what I'm saying.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have a fswerks exhaust on mine and it's not loud at all inside the car I really don't notice it. The stock exhaust was just way too quiet for me the fswerks sounds good on the outside no drone whatsoever. I'm personally not going to mess with the downpipe and I'm going to leave my Turbo stock, I don't need to lose my license know what I'm saying.
The symposer on our FiST vs. the completely prerecorded noise crap on the FoST makes for decent real engine feedback, but with zero gains on the stock turbo you can always just change the muffler for more sound too... but yes I hear the FSWerks sounds just as good as the Cobb at a lower price with better hardware included, so if someone insists on a full exhaust that's probably the best way to go.

HBEcoBeaST

Stratified says they are able to "request 10-15 more horsepower" from the ecu in stage 3 vs I'm pretty sure stage 1(could be stage 2 can't find the post, sorry). So while there are in fact gains they are small.

People also claim faster 'spool' however that's debatable.

Soundwise a DP on an OEM exhaust changes the volume and tone but nowhere near what a catback does.

It comes down to you if it's worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk