Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
To save you reading, no gains for a DP until you upgrade the turbo. Save your money,

Parts and labor, probably the worst mistake you can make .
I've been saying this for about 9 months now, ever since Adam from Tune+ told me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
THANKS to ALL above! [like]

Is the stock, catted downpipe even OK for the smallest/mildest of turbo upgrades, or is that the point it should be changed??

Or is the cost of the above mentioned turbo upgrade just NOT worth it, since one pays almost as much as a bigger, more powerful upgrade while getting minimal gains over pure stock?

A upgrqded downpipe is more required for heat reasons. I found a small hp gain and def spools easier now with a catless

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Idk about power gains but the turbo definitely spooled faster at lower RPMS, good look to anyone being happy with the stock turbo. That happiness only lasts months, atleast for me.

So about 6 hours of reading all 41 pages I came to the conclusion of no need to touch the DP [bash]

I could've just read the last few pages and came to that conclusion...

So about 6 hours of reading all 41 pages I came to the conclusion of no need to touch the DP [bash]

I did the same thing, I think I'm going to stick at stage 2 and maybe a pro tune and coil overs. Seams like a lot of hassle for not a lot

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did the same thing, I think I'm going to stick at stage 2 and maybe a pro tune and coil overs. Seams like a lot of hassle for not a lot
It seems like A LOT of the mods for these cars are that way; BIG $$$$/time for marginal gains, whether that be weight loss, power increasing, or handling mods.

But then again, I guess it IS all cumulative to a point, just ask rodmoe, or RAAMaudio, among others.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Just picked up a depo downpipe. Getting ready for x37 on order. I plan to keep stock exhaust. Will this downpipe line up? Or am I going to need to have some sort of adapter? The reason I ask is depo is 3 inch exhaust is 2.5 right?

Edit. Something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Grimmspeed-Subaru-OEM-midpipe-adaptor/dp/B0054RGGH0
U do not but running the stock exhaust is going to hurt you on power if you're going x37 route.

Yeah, I know it will effect power some. I might upgrade in future but don't want to drop another $600 on exhaust right now. Just want to make sure exhaust and downpipe are are gonna line up ok. Don't want to go through all the work of taking downpipe off and not be prepared. Thanks for reply.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I know it will effect power some. I might upgrade in future but don't want to drop another $600 on exhaust right now. Just want to make sure exhaust and downpipe are are gonna line up ok. Don't want to go through all the work of taking downpipe off and not be prepared. Thanks for reply.
You're welcome , yes it's good with stock or after market CBE. You'll be happy with the piece

Did anyone on here go from a catted dp to a catless dp? I'm curious to know their personal experience making the switch. Sound, power, smell, etc.. thanks in advance

Personally went with the CP-E catless downpipe. Even with stock exhaust it sounds and feels amazing.

Ha, ha, ... I've been telling newbs that for a while and I get nasty looks!
TIP: Someone also pointed out that the stock rear motor mount properly adjusted will work just fine - guess what tried it and YUP no more issues!!!!! It's been more than a year and it works SOOOOOO much better than a solid mount! (one CPE RMM for sale PM me) LOL!

On the stock DP, has anyone tried to press out the studs on the lower flange near the flex pipe? Suggestions. As you probably guessed by now, my newb ass snapped part of the stud off and I need to replace it with a nice bolt and nut. Some suggested trying a wheel-stud remover as the concept is the same.