Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ha, ha, ... I've been telling newbs that for a while and I get nasty looks!
TIP: Someone also pointed out that the stock rear motor mount properly adjusted will work just fine - guess what tried it and YUP no more issues!!!!! It's been more than a year and it works SOOOOOO much better than a solid mount! (one CPE RMM for sale PM me) LOL!
I know this is a thread about Downpipes, but you can't just say that all you needed was to adjust your RMM and not provide any explanation or links! [mad]

What did you do to adjust it?

OK, here's what happened. I got the classic engine slap "balm" whenever I would miss a downshift. So, like many other guys I went ahead and put in a solid motor mount (CPE). BUT, There was a lot more vibration at idle. I really didn't like that.
So, the last time I had to take the car to dealer, I took it off, and replaced the stock rear mount. I used a jack to support the tranny while I tightened it up. It's been a year NO MORE engine slap, Zero!!! I'm not the only one to discover this. The stock rear motor mount properly adjusted will work MUCH better than a solid mount! No slap + no vibration. Maybe the factory bolts it on - on a lift in the air without supporting the engine/tranny so it does not sit right when we get the car new?!

Does a catted downpipe actually pass emissions? I'm hearing that a non-catted DP and a catted DP are one in the same, meaning they won't pass...please confirm.

Thank you in advance!

- JR

Does a catted downpipe actually pass emissions? I'm hearing that a non-catted DP and a catted DP are one in the same, meaning they won't pass...please confirm.

Thank you in advance!

- JR
I have a depo catted downpipe and passed emisions in Texas. You will need a Stage 3 OTS or equivalent custom tune that disables your second O2 sensor (this prevents the check engine code)

I have a depo catted downpipe and passed emisions in Texas. You will need a Stage 3 OTS or equivalent custom tune that disables your second O2 sensor (this prevents the check engine code)
Awesome. I have a stratified tune with the listed items in my signature minus the resonator delete.

I'll be sure to ask for another strat tune once I have the DP in place. Perhaps I'll just have someone write it off for me lol and go careless for optimal power.

- JR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will I be able to throw flames with a catless downpipe w/ no resonator, out towards the stock exhaust?

- JR

How loud will I be with a catless downpipe and a resonator delete going to a stock muffler? In addition, will I be able to have the Strat tune crackles? A rep said that I will, but the severity of them would depend on my exhaust set up. Their site says not recommended for a stock setup with a catless DP, so I'm confused .

Also, with the catless DP and resonator delete, will I be able to shoot flames? If not, how do I do so?

Thank you in advance!

- JR

My 2J catless DP came in this week but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to install? I have a 3-day weekend so I have the time, just don't know if I want to bother. I'm planning on replacing the turbo within the next year so maybe I should wait until then?

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Sounds like you posted just to get the answer you wanted which mine was not

You already have answered yourself

Downpipe Question

Just bought a Mountune DP, and can't find anyone who will install it.
Wondering if it's worth it now with the stock turbo.
Haven't seen any dyno charts on aftermarket DP vs stock DP.
I've been reading various thoughts on the subject, no definitive answers.
I have the Mountune cbe, intercooler and Cobb tuner.
I'm running the stock intake box with a K&N.
I want to keep the air charge cool.

Pete

Just bought a Mountune DP, and can't find anyone who will install it.
Wondering if it's worth it now with the stock turbo.
Haven't seen any dyno charts on aftermarket DP vs stock DP.
I've been reading various thoughts on the subject, no definitive answers.
I have the Mountune cbe, intercooler and Cobb tuner.
I'm running the stock intake box with a K&N.
I want to keep the air charge cool.
If you are willing to drive down to San Diego I will install it. Nick from Mod Bargins always sends people down to me to have them installed for the Fiesta ST. PM me for more details if you are interested.