Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom Performance Engineering Ford Fiesta ST Nexus 3" Cat Back Exhaust

Harvick

1000 Post Club
What is that thing at the end for? more back pressure?

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
That doesn't sound as good as I had hoped.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Yeah that's never going to be for me... lol. Sounds like an old air cooled Beetle (with some UPS truck thrown in). Twin tips should be standard on this car. That single pipe looks like a fart can IMHO. Just because I have exhaust on my car doesn't mean that will stay on my car. I am still "looking". [wink]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
What is that thing at the end for? more back pressure?
It's a sound resonator. We used to use something very similar on other applications, to "tune" unwanted high frequency noise (this works on intake side as well as exhaust side). Supposedly that is "tunable" for sound but it looks welded on to me from this angle.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
It's a sound resonator. We used to use something very similar on other applications, to "tune" unwanted high frequency noise (this works on intake side as well as exhaust side). Supposedly that is "tunable" for sound but it looks welded on to me from this angle.
Make sense, thanks.

I stopped the video after seeing what it looked liked installed, I don't care what it sounds like. That single 4" tip looks like it does not belong

Apparently that video was of the pre-production exhaust with no resonators and a no-cat down pipe. I'm hoping they post a video of a production exhaust up soon with the resonator.

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
They need to make the dual tip standard and not an option. The single tip does look pretty rice.

Well they know how to make money off poor suckers... $190 for the dual tip on top of the standard exhaust price...these guys are taking a page straight from Porsche! The only single tip allowed on a FiST should be whilst racing. Wish mine had an exhaust cutout on the right side of my front bumper dumping raw exhaust in the faces of all those who pull up next to me at a light...they'll be too busy choking on CO and smoke to focus on launching.