Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New RedLineGoods shift boot installed

OP
Tpetro33
Thread Starter #3
Not bad...once you realize that the side panels on the bottom come up with the shiny plastic in the middle, it was easy. The actual boot attachment to the frame was tedious, but OK.

looks good! how was the install?
I just did mine today, along with the arm rest. Install is pretty straight forward and the installation guides that are floating around the internet are pretty comprehensive.

My only tip is to ignore the guides that say to remove the hvac panel to get to the shift boot, you don't need to do that. Pop the clips on that shifter surround, then pop the clips holding the black textured panels on either side of the surround. That allows you to lift the panel up and out of the way, with enough room for you to clear the front retention post on the boot frame and just wiggle it out the top.

Oh and the Charcoal leather is close to matching the Recaros, but if I could do it again I'd just go with black since that pretty much matches everything.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I just did mine today, along with the arm rest. Install is pretty straight forward and the installation guides that are floating around the internet are pretty comprehensive.

My only tip is to ignore the guides that say to remove the hvac panel to get to the shift boot, you don't need to do that. Pop the clips on that shifter surround, then pop the clips holding the black textured panels on either side of the surround. That allows you to lift the panel up and out of the way, with enough room for you to clear the front retention post on the boot frame and just wiggle it out the top.

Oh and the Charcoal leather is close to matching the Recaros, but if I could do it again I'd just go with black since that pretty much matches everything.
FYI to anyone reading, this is true but in 5 extra seconds you can pop off the entire thing which makes it much easier with more room to work.

I received my boot today but it did not fit. I had a stripe on mine and the material with the stripe is too thick to fit into the reverse lockout/shift mechanism. I am working with Mike to customize it to fit and so far he and RLG have been very swell and helpful. We'll see when I hopefully get my replacement boot soon.............from POLAND.

Install is quite easy here once you get the hang of it...I've taken mine apart 4 times now and I've achieved zen level mastery of this install.

FYI to anyone reading, this is true but in 5 extra seconds you can pop off the entire thing which makes it much easier with more room to work.

I received my boot today but it did not fit. I had a stripe on mine and the material with the stripe is too thick to fit into the reverse lockout/shift mechanism. I am working with Mike to customize it to fit and so far he and RLG have been very swell and helpful. We'll see when I hopefully get my replacement boot soon.............from POLAND.

Install is quite easy here once you get the hang of it...I've taken mine apart 4 times now and I've achieved zen level mastery of this install.
I couldn't get the entire bezel off myself. I probably could have if I tried a bit harder, but I felt like I was going to snap the piece in half if I put any more pressure on it so I resigned myself to pulling it out through the shift gate, which isn't very hard at all.

jeff

2000 Post Club
OK my 2nd RLG boot came in today - they fixed an issue for me for free which was quite awesome of them - and was promptly installed. This install takes mere minutes now, I've taken it apart so many times! Anyhow the quality is great and it fits perfectly....were I to do it again I'd use the option where you get less material so it doesn't bunch up so much....but it's fine. I got the stripe to match my RLG armrest cover. Pic 5 shows both - 2 tone matches the Recaros almost perfectly, I'm a happy man.

Great mods!

Next up, a new shift knob..........

Also I must add RLG has EXCEPTIONAL customer service - Maciek is their USA rep and he worked very well with me, great communication, very helpful and wanting to get things right.