Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can I see your heat shield n wrap pic and how and why notes?

Doubled horse power from stock things are bound to fail and melt what where and why. So have the DEI turbo tea cozy thing made from lava rock. Thats it Im stuck now I just bought a bunch of gold foil, spray n wrap and have no real world info on what to do with it. $ 200 just for the turbo cover. Can you keep me from wasting materials n melting other materials? Pics? Please TY KevDog

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I wouldn't know. I haven't burned, melted or broken anything after nearly 20,000 miles with no heat shield/wrap. That's not to say there's nothing explicitly wrong with wrapping... I'd be stupid to say that.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The point of heat-wrapping and ceramic coating (exhaust) is to keep heat in. Gold foil (intake) keeps heat out. Both are used to keep the air that's already in the system at better temperatures, the affect on surrounding engine-bay heat is just a positive side-effect and should not be the goal.

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
That looks like its on there good, lots of worm clamps, is that part lava meterial i wanted to use a mix or the cheep stuff. I will swap the manaifold next build with the port n polishing. TY for the pic. TiAL same here nice

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
That looks like its on there good, lots of what type clamps? Not worm., is that part lava meterial i wanted to use a mix or the cheep stuff. I will swap the manaifold next build with the port n polishing. TY for the pic. TiAL same here very nice

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I wrap my Peron manifold and used a Turbo blanket as well. The primary reason was to reduce spool/ lag. Using the BW EFR 6258, I am chasing every rpm I can get. The secondary reason is to reduce under bonnet temps and radiated heat next to the firewall. Despite the BT and holding higher boost all the way to the cut-out ,(22.5psi@7500rpm) my engine bay temps are noticeably lower than with the OE turbo and heat shield. The down side is increasing thermal fatigue issues relating to the tube type exhaust manifold because it is running at higher temps especially under boost.

Turbo Exh manifold.jpg

Turbo and Exh Manifold.jpg

IMG_2000 (2).jpg