Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is the last year to buy the current generation FIST?

lurker2

I want to buy the current generation FIST, for fear Ford will screw up the next one. But I don't want to buy until the last year of production, mostly to preserve cash and to get more years out of my RSX. Per Wikipedia the current Fiesta is the 6th generation. Does anyone know when production of the 7th generation is scheduled to start?

Brura22

I want to buy the current generation FIST, for fear Ford will screw up the next one. But I don't want to buy until the last year of production, mostly to preserve cash and to get more years out of my RSX. Per Wikipedia the current Fiesta is the 6th generation. Does anyone know when production of the 7th generation is scheduled to start?
The newest year 6th gen is the 2016. There is literally ZERO info on a 7th generation, if there will be one, when, or if the 2017 fiesta st will still be the 6th or 7th gen. Or if they even plan to keep the fiesta st in production for 2017. Literally zero info.
The 2016 FiST came out in November 15 I believe. Soooo yeah.

The newest year 6th gen is the 2016. There is literally ZERO info on a 7th generation, if there will be one, when, or if the 2017 fiesta st will still be the 6th or 7th gen. Or if they even plan to keep the fiesta st in production for 2017. Literally zero info.
The 2016 FiST came out in November 15 I believe. Soooo yeah.
They started production on the 2016 Fiestas early July and I got my factory ordered '16 the end of September. Mid year is generally the change over for the new MY Fiestas. I haven't been keeping up with info, but I'd assume some sort of info on the new MY would be available by now, if not very soon.

Yup zero info from Ford and or the suppliers. But of course magazines are happy to report. But what they've put out so far is so much conflicting info.

Car mags in Australia have released "insider" info of them just receiving what is basically our current year ST, which is actually an upgrade to they currently have.

Ford Brasil has also released a bit of info on engines and they have spotted these test cars running around with a covered badge under the Fiesta name, but mostly likely it's the turbo 1.0 model. There is also the new revised Ecosport being released Nov. (same platform as Fiesta)
https://salaodocarro.com.br/segredos/novo-ford-fiesta-flagrado-testes.html
http://carplace.uol.com.br/ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost-comeca-a-ser-vendido-no-brasil-em-maio/

Mags in UK have released these renderings and info.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/93556/new-2017-ford-fiesta-pictures-specs-and-release-date

And then of course we've all seen these pictures. Which were reported as an RS, but who knows, I don't believe it was ever revealed what it really was.

Considering what Ford has done. The RS, testing Ecosports, retooling factories, moving production, introducing a limited ST200, Looking at the ST history in EU there was a hiatus when the new gen came around. We got introduced to the NA model at LAAS 2012 as part of the refresh. Considering all this I'm led to believe that the 16 is the last model year for the current-gen ST.

Now in your situation you could wait until mid-late summer when Ford announces new models and holds a majority of it's press releases to find out if this is the last year. If it is, and you have the means to do so, get one. Usually dealers will want to get rid of them quickly as well. But I'll advise to you though that many other people will be of the same mindset, wanting snatch up those last STs so you may not get your pick or the best deal.
If they release a new model, some people will be trading in 16s with less than 10,000 on the clock for the back-up cameras, new look and what not and these trade-ins will most likely be even more discounted, if you're open to slightly-used car.

Edit: Just found this link to a press release relating to Europe.
http://www.slideshare.net/indianautosblog/next-gen-ford-fiesta-cologne-germany-production

Honestly, if you want the current gen ST, they are still producing it right now. Get one now if you want it and avoid the headache of not getting what you want later if you wait too long. This generation Fiesta is getting pretty long in the tooth since it started in the 2009 model year over seas and didn't come to the US until the '11 MY. So currently 7 years of this gen. At most we will get one more, but there's no guarantee.

OP
L

lurker2

Thread Starter #6
Thanks. That's also what I found, zero information, except about overseas models.

Bluedrank

At this point I'm honestly questioning whether there will even be a 17 fiesta in the US. My guess is that if they release a 17 fiesta then it will be the last year. I say that for a few reasons. First is that the st200 was announced for overseas markets. The US will almost certainly get a commemorative edition of some sort too, with it possibly being a 17 model or a late 16 limited run.

What concerns me is that there's basically no major leaks as of yet of a new fiesta replacement out testing. There's been those spy shots of the wider and longer fiesta mule we thought was an RS, but that's about it. Now what Ford is pushing forward with is the ecosport. I've seen it speculated elsewhere that the ecosport would essentially be a fiesta replacement. It of course would be a terrible mistake for Ford to do such a thing, but we'll see.

me32

1000 Post Club
To the op you may need to wait a month or two to see what ford says. Youll still have plenty of options for the 2016 if ford does change things for the 2017.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I thought about waiting for a 2017, mainly in the hope that it might have a back-up camera,because I have lost some sight in one eye, but I decided that was too uncertain and I needed a new dd,so didn't want to wait that long,i'm glad I went ahead and ordered my 2016.

OP
L

lurker2

Thread Starter #10
Ha ha, the backup camera is also one of my reasons of not buying the '16 - I have an embarrassing history of backing into things.
Camera, heated seats and bluetooth for the phone will be a nice upgrade from the RSX.

Brura22

Honestly.. i dont think the Fiesta sells as much as the Focus in the US? Curious if it will continue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ha ha, the backup camera is also one of my reasons of not buying the '16 - I have an embarrassing history of backing into things.
Camera, heated seats and bluetooth for the phone will be a nice upgrade from the RSX.
The torque wont be bad either[burnout]