Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GI GI: CF WRC hood and flared fenders

Trader history for Noodles (0)

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #21
There are a few CF hoods out there without vents already. I'm trying to get something new to the market. [MENTION=4294]boston[/MENTION] driver, you could always plug the holes in poor weather. Or switch back to the stock hood for the winter. Wouldn't be any harder than switching to winter wheels and you wouldn't need the extra venting in the winter anyway. I think the WRC cars even do without them when it's cooler out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #24
Got a m.essage from VIS saying they will have something for me next week, So stay tuned. Can I put you down for both [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] ?

Got a m.essage from VIS saying they will have something for me next week, So stay tuned. Can I put you down for both [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] ?

I am interested but cannot commit. price is a huge factor

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #26
No worries, this is just an interest thread to let them know we want something that isn't currently offered. They haven't asked for any commitments to anything yet.

Has anyone thought of a hood vent that would run across the front edge of the from left to right which could help extract air from behind the radiator? Not sure if the air pressure under the hood vs that going over the top would allow air to be extracted through such a vent but it would be a much better placement for an opening in the hood that rain, etc could get in through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #28
That might be the best place for a vent but a wide horizontal and narrow hole in the hood at that spot isn't very pleasing to the eye.

Here's a nicely done one on a Miata that might flow well with the lines on the fiesta hood.

An even better example that mixes both the wrc hood and a functional extractor!
Apparently it's a Griggs GR40 hood for a mustang.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #32
Those are all FR cars that have fairly long hoods. If there is additional interest in something like that I can send it over to VIS, but I think what they will come back with will end up looking like the old " Invader" style hoods .

I'm mostly thinking a finally getting something that really works for our cars. Looks is one Hong but if it doesn't help cooling I won't buy it. Our cars are very airflow challenged due to all the blocked area behind the grill. Pulling hot air at the front of hood would be good for cooling and intake air temps. The rear vents like the wrc hood would be excellent for pulling the hot air from turbo and headers. I think the Griggs style hood could work on our car. You may be right on the gt500 style vent being too long and wide at the front. Probably would look like those supra hoods from the 90's. But hey, the 80's are back in style now so the 90's are up next! [emoji1]

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #34
Haha yeah, gotta love the 80s and 90s. The WRC vents are race proven so I think they are the best best with what we have. We will see what VIS shows me next week. Maybe we will be impressed. And if they provide me a demo peice, I'll see that I can do as far as airflow analysis and temp readings.

I'd be interested in both. I've had hoods and even a cf hardtop on my mk3 mr2 from via and have been happy with them.

I think they should make both styles of hoods. Not sure which id prefer, but the function is a little more important to me I think.... I'm getting older I guess, plus this damn car does like to get hot.

Also, if they do fenders they should be able to do them in fiberglass with the mold I'd hope, because it would be cheaper and id want to paint them anyhow. I'd rather have carbon and paint those of they were affordable however. Cf fenders just isn't a look I want on a car in 2016.

Is there an update for this?

I'd be interested in the WRC/GRC style hood with the side vents depending on the price.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #37
No update yet. I've been moving forward with my build because of scheduling conflicts. I will be getting this done as soon as both VIS and I have the schedule to make it happen.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Put me down for the hood, price dependent, and ONLY if it is an actual WRC hood style (NO hybrids/mixed styles).

The flares would be nice, but, unless it is a real duplicate of the actual M-Sport works R5 car's flares, both front AND rear, I'm not interested.
That is also A LOT of mucho CO$TLY body and paint matching work, as well as getting wheels with radically different offsets to fill said flares, so unlikely anyway. [:(]

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #39
The flares are only about 10mm on each side. So the difference isn't so large to warrant a whole new setup. Basically it's wide enough that if you had to roll before, you won't have to worry about it now.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

Just found this GB...Depending on price I'm very interested Hood + Fenders are something I definitely want to do, at some point