Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GI GI: CF WRC hood and flared fenders

Trader history for Noodles (0)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Still the same info from Sept 2nd. Seibon is too busy with SEMA cars at the moment, but as soon as that passes the WRC hood for the Fiesta and Focus are a priority right after.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge
So maybe they will be ready by very late spring/early summer?

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #62
So maybe they will be ready by very late spring/early summer?
Likely something like that. They are very impressed with the interect for this hood style but they had too many commitments with SEMA cars to start a new hood. BUT, they did say it would be easy to do since every hood they make is a variation of the OEM mold with different bits and bobs attached to it.

Tell them step on the gas. I'm going to have to buy the m-sport hood soon. Lol

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #65
They are working on it, not sure where along the process they are but its coming

interested in both depending on price (and funds at the time its ready/required)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I hope if they do the flares they make them cover the front of the tires like the WRC but of course smaller as mentioned. Rolled and pulled fenders fit over the 15x9 +35 and a bit more pulling I could possibly fit the 225 Hoosier R6 which is more like a 240 wide tire, much wider than the 225 Rival S or RA1 tires I have ran.

For the rear max roll and pull and trim the sealant off, change the camber, just to fit the Rival S or RA1, no way to fit the R6.

That said, the front is wider than the rear, not the other way around, an optical illusion possibly.

Rear flares to fit the wheel specs above without changing camber would require cutting the fender and metal liner and welding in a filler panel.

------------

I would love to see real flares and a real vented hood made for this car, not vents in the wrong place, like I have that help a little but not likely much and flares that cover the front of the fenders like real flares should, not some fad flares with horrid aerodynamics.

We should just start sharing recipes on this thread because that would be more worthwhile I think at this point. If the damn wrc vents (from sico?) weren't so expensive I'd just buy them and cut my hood.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

^ Realistically if we had a good template of the vent opening, it should be as simple as cutting it and dressing the edge in some way. I think we need to paruse the McMaster Carr catalogue or something similar to find a C shaped edge molding, since I feel that trim around the leading edge is the key to getting maximum extraction out of the vents. I have a picture of the M-Sport WRC car as my background right now and looking at it, the molding seems to run from the front edge, up and around the top edge and that's it, I think it seems to be to prevent air from spilling over the vent from the top of the hood or leading edge, essentially creating a nice negative pressure pocket right behind it where the vent is. The trailing edge of the vent is left open to allow the air to leave unobstructed.

I need to find a written off Fiesta so I can snag a hood and headlights. Not too keen on cutting my stock hood up, the headlights are unrelated.