Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GI GI: CF WRC hood and flared fenders

Trader history for Noodles (0)

He all, I have recently been in contact with Seibon (was VIS) about maybe producing a replica WRC hood in CF as well as some flared front fenders. They are interested pending the community, so here I am asking what every bodies thoughts are on getting something like that? If interested let be know on either one or both.

Hood
1: Noodles
2:pete
3:perfblue15
4:SonicDeathmonkey
5:TuxBlack15
6:Trahma
7:SuperchargedTundra
8:Vegaspyder
9:OGUninja
10:M-Sportfan
11:Biigme
12:Roboemu
13:Series80
14:D-resonant
15:shouldbeasy
16:Moxboost
17:TheEcoBEAST

Fenders:
1:Noodles
2:perfBlue15
3:Sirsinclair
4:SuperchargedTundra
5:Vegaspyder
6:M-sportfan
7:Biigme
8:Roboemu
9:TheEcoBEAST

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #3
That was the plan unless anybody wants a slightly different design.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #5
I don't have a pic of a bare CF WRC hood but here is Ken Blocks car. Same idea. Basically it will be oem look with the SICO vents already built in.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I would be interested in both if there was some kind of flair for the rear as well

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #7
I'm only thinking maybe a 5-10mm flare on the front, nothing crazy, just a bit bulkier to fatten up the front to match the hips. Think first gen mazdaspeed 3 vs regular 3. Anything wider would definitely require rear add ons. But I will pitch it to them, maybe they will be for it

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'm only thinking maybe a 5-10mm flare on the front, nothing crazy, just a bit bulkier to fatten up the front to match the hips. Think first gen mazdaspeed 3 vs regular 3. Anything wider would definitely require rear add ons. But I will pitch it to them, maybe they will be for it
In that case I'll take both. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Who is going to be making these?

Nvm I could learn how to read first. Curious to see the quality but a hood is up there

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #15
Yeah I am curious too but Seibon has no interest so I guess this is the next best? Lol. From pictures I've seen of other projects, they have upped their game a bit on the fitment department, so we will see.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #17
Hey all, VIS wanted me to forward a question to the forum. They are currently working on a CF hood that have louver style vents, so they would like to know what the thoughts are on adding the WRC vents to the design or just doing one or the other. This is the hood they are currently working on. uploadfromtaptalk1464273421604.jpg

Let me know what you all think.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Pete

Hey all, VIS wanted me to forward a question to the forum. They are currently working on a CF hood that have louver style vents, so they would like to know what the thoughts are on adding the WRC vents to the design or just doing one or the other. This is the hood they are currently working on. View attachment 10101

Let me know what you all think.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I would vote for just the WRC Vents. From the pressure tests of Siestarider those seem to be the most effective and the ones in the middle may have little to no effect of removing heat while in motion due to the pressure difference under the hood vs above the hood in those locations.

Although I like the look of what they are working on already, I need a hood that can help cool the engine bay and keep coolant/oil temps down. I also wouldn't want the WRC style vents wide open to allow rain and snow to collect at the strut towers and potentially lead to the top strut hats going bad prematurely.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
^ this. They should consider hood without any vents. It would probably even be as simple as just not making the cuts.