Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GI GI: lightweight pulley set

Trader history for Noodles (0)

Here is another interest thread, this time i am wondering who is interested in some light weight pulleys from Unorthodox Racing. They are willing to do the project if there is enough interest. Here is what they have sent me about the details

We are always willing to make new pulleys.

We can offer a group buy for the Fiesta ST community, a 6 piece minimum order, per pulley type, is all that is required.

- 50% deposit is required

- Turnaround 6-10 weeks.

- Stock samples must be provided to us for new parts and can require an additional 1-2 weeks for engineering upon receipt.

- Priority Mail is included in the price for continental US residents.

CRANK PULLEYS
6-14 pieces = $240 each
15-24 pieces = $200 each
25+ pieces = $170 each

Possible Additional Costs:
1. 316 SS oil seal sleeve - $15.00 each pulley
2. Laser/Water Jet cut timing ring & 316 SS mounting hardware - Quoted at time request.

ALTERNATOR PULLEYS
6-14 pieces = $100 each
15-29 pieces = $80 each
30+ pieces = $60 each

IDLER / TENSIONER PULLEYS
Includes high speed sealed bearing and 316 SS snap ring
6-14 pieces = $150 each
15-29 pieces = $120 each
30+ pieces = $100 each

Possible Additional Cost:
1. Hardcoat for smooth O.D. pulleys - Quoted at time request.

POWER STEERING PULLEYS
6-14 pieces = $160 each
15-29 pieces = $130 each
30+ pieces = $110 each

Additional Cost:
1. Tooling for the bore shape (splines, keys, etc.) - Quoted at time request.

WATER PUMP PULLEYS
6-14 pieces = $140 each
15-29 pieces = $110 each
30+ pieces = $90 each

If interested post up below

1:Noodles
2:44sg44
3:
4:

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]

Not developing pulleys for the fiST? I know you guys recently did them for the focus st

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Tensioner and idler pulley is already plastic stock.
Water pump is steel, but pretty light, prob save more weight going to alum bolts instead of steel bolts than changing the pulley.

Alternator? Really want to fight with that?

We don't have power steering pulley.

Crank pulley doesn't need a sleeve, no oil seal on it. Requires special tools to install, about $80 worth that you can't borrow from a parts store.

Crank pulley MAYBE worth it.

Thank you for looking into that though !! Def keep us posted, could still be a cool option.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #5
[MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] so is that a yes for the crank pulley for you? Lol

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Put me down for alum water pump pulley bolts, lol. Its hub-centric I think.

I promise, don't want to rain on this parade :)

Just wanted to give yall a heads up. I think its a little much that a big company would ask for a big up front order though. I mean, if it was a small company doing this, I'd understand. But.... I'd like to see a crank pulley happen.

I actually converted my tensioner pulley to metal instead of plastic since the AC comp seizing melted the belt and then the belt melted the tensioner pulley, lol. So I have un-lightweight-tensioner pulley, lol.

Cyborg turbo, TBE, panda TR6 intercooler, drop in green filter.
245whp 293Tq V-dyno
13.3@104mph

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #7
Yeah I ran into the same issue with them on the Mazda 3. But I'm with you that anything other than the crank is just showy bit... if you can even see em.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I would be down for a crank pulley but not a $240 pulley.

Wish boomba would develop a crank pulley. It's done for the focus and mustang but not our cars yet? They sell them for $150, a more reasonable price

Unorthodox is the best, but that price should be lower for an initial group of buyers I'd think. $240 is up there from what I remember when looking at other vehicles crank prices.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd rather see ATI make a crank damper/balancer for these engines, like it seems they do for all of the other hi-po 4 bangers out there. :(

I would definitely have to wonder why no one has built a lightweight crank pulley for the FiST yet! I have one for my dart, and its one of the best/most noticeable mods that I have! I recommend one to anyone who wants both quick rpm rise and great fuel economy when cruising!