Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

• Great

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Better than expected

Votes: 47 24.5%
  • Not that great

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
1800 miles in my car and sat in the passenger seat for the first time, Feels much stiffer than drivers side. Mine is probably just more broken in. 6'1", 180lbs for reference.

So far so good. 3000 miles and they are holding up perfect. Granted It's show car maintained, but all I've done is vacuum it every week. I used Mothers leather cleaner once and only for a small portion to test it. The Recaros are doing damned fine.

Shouldn't we be expecting the seats to be fine at this mileage? "Looks good at 100 miles,.." well yeay, I would hope so! That's NOTHING in terms of mileage. Are Ford seats and/or Recaros known to show increased wear before the first scheduled oil change? What am I missing?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Some people have had damage to the thigh bolsters pretty early on and while it's not necessarily an issue with the seats, I think this thread is more of looking for trends than anything. And from what I remember they were within the first few thousand miles or so.

Mine are wrinkling here, which bugs the hell out of me when I'm detailing-

It's just the one side of the one seat and its not like I see it often, but I know it's there.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I bet your shoulder is compressing the seat there while driving.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Surprisingly, my shoulders sit about an inch off of the pads. That was my initial thought as well, but the lower bolstering keeps the majority of my upper back off of the seat. Its not a huge deal, just touches my CDO wrong.

I'm at 17,000 and mine are great. I have some wrinkles on bottom left thigh bolster but that's just from wear and tear from getting in and out of the car so many times. It's bound to happen. But I love them.

At right around 13k they're holding up nicely. Same with the bottom left thigh bolster wrinkles, just normal wear from getting in and out of the vehicle. Would say they're fully broken in by this point, super comfy on my 3 hour daily commute, heck I could nap in them if I needed to.

13,000 miles and holding up fantastic. I've kept them clean and taken care of with Chemical Guy's sprayable leather.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I do t know about the Recaros but my standard ST seats are holding up great šŸ˜„

has anyone tried cleaning the cloth part of the Recaro's? I have the MO Recaro seats and the orange cloth part is a tad darker than I'd like. seems to just be a bit dirty but I don't know how to clean it. Any suggestions? No stains or anything, but i also want to be careful with the leather

I have some slight signs of wear on the left part of the drivers side recaro. It could be because I am fat and have to slide out but yeah its not bad or anything.

Somewhat embarrassing but I went to taco bell put the box it came in on the seat for the drive home....picked it up and salsa leaked everywhere on the cloth and left a mark. Thank god some good old cold water and baking soda cleaned it perfectly. Can't even tell now. As far as wear goes. I've got 11k on the car and no issues. Very very slight creases on the drivers side.

Somewhat embarrassing but I went to taco bell put the box it came in on the seat for the drive home....picked it up and salsa leaked everywhere on the cloth and left a mark. Thank god some good old cold water and baking soda cleaned it perfectly. Can't even tell now. As far as wear goes. I've got 11k on the car and no issues. Very very slight creases on the drivers side.
For this reason, I have always made sure to put food on the floor mat. Pizzas go in the hatch and I just don't take any hard turns when bringing that kind of stuff home... but yeah, I once almost put fast food in a bag on the seat, then caught myself. Aside from that, I make sure not to eat in the car. As far as my Recaros go, they are holding up well. One small imprint in the leather due to a belt or something of that nature, but only I would notice it. Only have about 1.5k miles on them though.

My driver's seat is feeling squishy at 21,500 miles, allows for some sliding in the seat. Passenger seat holds me super tight and feels stiff. I'm 6'1" 180lbs 33" waist, so not like I'm beating the seat down.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
18K miles, the seat isdefinitely broken in, feels just about perfect! The passenger side is still pretty tight, but holds the wife perfectly when she is screaming in terror as I bomb back roads :)

TheStig

Update:

25k miles.

Left bolster of the drivers seat now has stress marks and the leather appears to be cracking, not sure as to why, it has been treated but its cracking now. Also there are fine hairs of the orange stitching sticking out from the edge of the bolster.

I should mention I am built like a barn, 5'10 200 Pounds and 36" waist. This im sure does not help matters as i do hug the seats in every sense of the word.

Just a bit disappointed with this happening with my baby at such a young age still.