Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

• Great

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Better than expected

Votes: 47 24.5%
  • Not that great

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

FistSt215

Somewhat embarrassing but I went to taco bell put the box it came in on the seat for the drive home....picked it up and salsa leaked everywhere on the cloth and left a mark. Thank god some good old cold water and baking soda cleaned it perfectly. Can't even tell now. As far as wear goes. I've got 11k on the car and no issues. Very very slight creases on the drivers side.
Which that's why I put fast food on the floor . If it spills oh well but I be damn if I spill food or beverage on 2k seats lol. Btw I love Taco Bell and their breakfast so I can understand lol.

FistSt215

Update:

25k miles.

Left bolster of the drivers seat now has stress marks and the leather appears to be cracking, not sure as to why, it has been treated but its cracking now. Also there are fine hairs of the orange stitching sticking out from the edge of the bolster.

I should mention I am built like a barn, 5'10 200 Pounds and 36" waist. This im sure does not help matters as i do hug the seats in every sense of the word.

Just a bit disappointed with this happening with my baby at such a young age still.
This is not good lol I'm 5'11" 190 . I only have 465 miles and I had the fist for about 7 months .

Butterybunz

Left lower bolster of my drivers seat is starting to show wear at 10k miles. I put a lot of stress on it getting in and out, I'm 6'4" and 195lbs.

TheStig

us wide mofo's are gonna have some bolster wear, that is just how it'll be lol

Let me give you guys some hope....I'm 6ft 325lbs and have about 54,000 miles on my 14 FiST. The seat finally broke in around 40,000 miles and it's the most comfortable seat I've ever had in a car. 16 hour day on the interstate was no problem at all. I'm going to order a Focus RS when they get here and it will have Recaro seats in it one way or the other.

TheStig

Mine were comfortable as can be, it was just the wear on the bolsters from my flabby side meat.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Was vacuuming the car yesterday, was jamming the nozzle in the between the bottom cushion and the back, noticed the metal seat frame had surface rust [screwy]

Only 2100 miles so far, but holding up nicely. At 6'0, 235lbs I am a true test for the bolsters. Although I am OCD and always careful getting in and out of the car. Meaning, I look like an old man and my steering wheel takes all my weight as I 'gently' place myself in the car. Keep an eye out for a post in the future about a guy ripping off his steering wheel.

MOFiST

My all cloth Recaros seem to be OK except they are showing signs of pant colorization. Being mine are light grey on the base it just adds a bit of extra murkiness to the seat base. I did get my seats treated with opticoat just after buying them but have no idea if this sort of wear can be cleaned out? On another note has anyone seen any worthwhile seat covers for the Recaros yet? I guess they may cause the same issue anyway.

C. love

I'm 6'2 180lb and I make it a point when i get in the car to cover the left kidney bolster with my hand so my pants don't rub a hole in the bolster. It takes awhile to teach yourself this but it dramatically cuts down on wear

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I weigh about 250 lbs. and my Recaro's are holding me up just fine.

Dave

I'm 6'2 180lb and I make it a point when i get in the car to cover the left kidney bolster with my hand so my pants don't rub a hole in the bolster. It takes awhile to teach yourself this but it dramatically cuts down on wear
I need to start doing this. I also rub the top of the doorway when getting out.

Sprayed ALL the cloth with scotch guard, two layers, including the 'recaro' and 'ST' sewn badges. Also purchased Mothers leather cleaner and conditioner (separately). Now I don't give a damn, as long as I maintain them BEFORE spilling something on them, I'm golden. I plan on respraying the cloth with one light coat every 6 months. Scotch guard is pretty amazing stuff, I love it, tested and true, and most importantly it's completely transparent, undetectable, and dries with no discoloration whatsoever. I was happy to learn this because I was so paranoid of it. As long as I don't tear them somehow I assume they will last well over 100,000+ mi. It's all about how efficient I can keep my maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: 10,000 mi in and they are holding up perfectly. The leather texture seems a bit compressed and the drivers side left leg bolster has started to develop a crease but looks (and feels) more broken in than it does worn. The cloth parts that I sprayed with scotch guard still look brand new. Overall they are in basically perfect condition!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk