Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

• Great

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Better than expected

Votes: 47 24.5%
  • Not that great

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
And THIS is why I've passed on the past two wreck recaro seat part out posted here, because seats are affected by impact, no matter what the non-physics PHD seller will tell you, pass. Otherwise you're gonna get stuck with a crooked setup, but I'm sure someone here will be happy to disagree.

31xxx KM / about 3.5 summers

time for a cleaning, gonna do a huge detail on the car soon. The passenger ones are mint still.

To avoid rubbing the seats constantly I just launch myself out using the steering wheel [tongue]
Me too. At first I would get out normally but then I saw the creases setting in and now I use the steering wheel. Does putting weight on the steering wheel cause damage?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I knew I had to have the Recaro seats when I first drove the car at an EcoBoost event.
I immediately went back to my dealer and changed my preorder.
I knew that might be some ware and tear because I am FAT, yes, 5'9" and 280 lbs.
The first thing I did when I received my car was to take it to a vinyl shop to have a clear bra installed.
I also had the A pillars wrapped because I knew I would be using them.
I hold myself up with my left hand on the A pillar and pull myself in with my right on the steering wheel.
This way I clear the left bolster completely.
Getting out is a little more tricky, I turn my body putting my legs outside (still sitting on the seat) and pull myself out.
This way I avoid a lot of pressure on the left bolster.

I have over 46k miles and over 4 years with the car.
The seats do show a little ware but that is to be expected for time and mileage.

There is some very minor crack lines in the bolsters but not to worry, they are not as big as my ass crack.
The heated seats still get very hot as I like because it soothes my bad back however, not too hot to ignite my farts.

So overall I guess the seats are holding up very well.

Dave

Last edited:

bmallon

36k miles on them and still holding up in near perfect condition. Love them !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew I had to have the Recaro seats when I first drove the car at an EcoBoost event.
I knew that might be some ware and tear because I am FAT, yes, 5'9" and 280 lbs.
The first thing I did when I received my car was to take it to a vinyl shop to have a clear bra installed.
I also had the A pillars wrapped because I knew I would be using them.
I hold myself up with my left hand on the A pillar and pull myself in with my right on the steering wheel.
Getting out is a little more tricky, I turn my body putting my legs outside (still sitting on the seat) and pull myself out.

The seats do show a little ware but that is to be expected for time and mileage.

There is some very minor crack lines in the bolsters but not to worry, they are not as big as my ass crack.
The heated seats still get very hot as I like because it soothes my bad back however, not too hot to ignite my farts.

Dave
This might be the best response and review to seats I’ve ever read. Cheers to having it down to a science and holding up after all them miles.

I knew that might be some wear and tear because I am FAT, yes, 5'9" and 280 lbs.
I also had the A-pillars wrapped because I knew I would be using them.
I hold myself up with my left hand on the A-pillar and pull myself in with my right on the steering wheel.

There are some very minor crack lines in the bolsters but not to worry, they are not as big as my ass crack.
The heated seats still get very hot as I like because it soothes my bad back, however, not too hot to ignite my farts.

Dave
This made me LOL.

My 2016 has the Storm Grey Recaros and with 19k miles on the car, they look ok. Not holding up as well as I'd like, but I'm pretty picky about things. What are you guys using to clean/protect them? I've been using Lexol Cleaner and then Lexol Conditioner (NOT the 2 in 1). Conditioner seems to be doing a good job at keeping the creases and cracks to a minimum. I'm not that big either at 5' 10", 180lbs. Oh well, still the best seats I've sat in. They fit my body perfectly.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
What are you guys using to clean/protect them? I've been using Lexol Cleaner and then Lexol Conditioner (NOT the 2 in 1). Conditioner seems to be doing a good job at keeping the creases and cracks to a minimum. I'm not that big either at 5' 10", 180lbs. Oh well, still the best seats I've sat in. They fit my body perfectly.
I recommend Leatherique. It's a higher-end product than Lexol, which I consider a basic treatment. Leatherique has two products- Rejuvenator (the conditioner) and a cleaner. Ideally, you put the Rejuvenator on on a hot day and let it soak in for a day or so, then come the next day with the cleaner. It's fantastic stuff, used on many fine cars, and recommended by my detailer friend. You can also use the cleaner as a one-step maintenance product, it has some conditioner in it. I wondered if the stuff would stain the cloth part of the Recaros if you got a little on it, but it doesn't seem to. It costs more than Lexol, but I think it's well worth it. It's also a nice family company, if you call and ask a question, they are very helpful.
http://www.leatherique.com/products.html
These are the 23-year-old seats in my other car. Leatherique has been used on it since I got it 10 years ago. IMG_20160210_142852961_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive. I've heard about them before and everything was positive. When my Lexol runs out, I will purchase a bottle or two from them. Thanks for the info!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Impressive. I've heard about them before and everything was positive. When my Lexol runs out, I will purchase a bottle or two from them. Thanks for the info!
You're welcome. You can buy kits at Autogeek that include applicators and towels, and then I have found it's cheaper to buy replacement bottles of product direct from Leatherique.

Almost 16k miles. I'm 6'2", 251lbs. The right side bolster up against the center console has 2 creases. Kind of disappointed, I think it looks like shit, but it's not the vehicles fault. I need to lose weight. Hopefully the upper seat covers won't be too expensive to replace in a couple of years.

I recommend Leatherique...
http://www.leatherique.com/products.html
These are the 23-year-old seats in my other car. Leatherique has been used on it since I got it 10 years ago. View attachment 17973
Thx for the tip as I've been a lifelong Lexol user. I gotta love you sneaking in that seat pic from your "other car!". I know those seats in any pics! I still have the hardbound NSX coffee table book since 1991. Well done sir!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
My passenger one has an annoying intermittent rattle, which is coming from inside the seat. I made sure it was solidly locked into position, and held the adjustment bar while I was driving to make sure that wasn't rattling around.
It was there for a month, went away for a couple months, and just came back yesterday. It probably can't be fixed without taking the seat apart, which is more trouble that I want to go to, so I may just have to live with it.
If you're listening to music you can't really hear it, and I am almost always listening to music when I'm in the car.

Edit- the noise turned out to probably be the garage door opener.

Last edited:
My passenger one has an annoying intermittent rattle, which is coming from inside the seat. I made sure it was solidly locked into position, and held the adjustment bar while I was driving to make sure that wasn't rattling around.
It was there for a month, went away for a couple months, and just came back yesterday. It probably can't be fixed without taking the seat apart, which is more trouble that I want to go to, so I may just have to live with it.
If you're listening to music you can't really hear it, and I am almost always listening to music when I'm in the car.
Music? Listen to the symphony coming out of your tail pipe as you rev match 2nd gear at 40 mph.

I should learn that at some point. I've had a stick in my last 3 vehicles and no one has ever mentioned it to me.
In third gear at about 40mph, press clutch in, blip throttle you’ll want the revs to hit about a 4200 rpm target. Still holding clutch in gear selector to 2nd, clutch out.

The numbers are rough, you don’t need to be super exact but you’ll get a feel for it the more you do it. When you get the rev match right you shouldn’t feel any bucking after you let the clutch out, if you over rev you will feel the car buck, if you under rev it’ll feel a bit weird for a split second as your clutch acts like a brake on your flywheel and slows your engine down.

Nice thing about our gear ratios is that I find that at 40 mph you can shift into 2nd and the tach will be between 4000-4500 rpm. At 60 mph you can shift into 3rd and the tach will be between 4000-4500 rpm. At 80 you can shift into 4th and be in the same rev range.

Just an interesting little thing I noticed, divide speed by 20, get gear.