Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

• Great

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Better than expected

Votes: 47 24.5%
  • Not that great

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
I make it a point when i get in the car to cover the left kidney bolster with my hand so my pants don't rub a hole in the bolster
I just can't see this in my mind. I need to see the video.

#1 - I think you mean the thigh bolster.

#2 - I can't figure out if you back in over your hand, like a lady in a skirt or if you do a flip over your hand!

Well 9700 miles, orange Recaros, still look amazing...although got those 9700 miles in less than 4 months

How are you taking care of them? I condition my leather at least every 2 months, and that's pretty lazy, and they look new at 15k. I also lower myself into the seat to save wear on the bolsters. Leather seats require love, and they will hold up for a looooong time.

I have a crack in the drivers side seat leather, 58,000 km. I'm ~170 lbs, I'm the second owner so not sure how big the last owner was. The crack is on the outside where it looks like a fold has just stressed the leather to the point it's split. Having the whole thing replaced this week under warranty though so that's good. I rarely have passengers, so the other seats all look brand new!

I clean and condition mine regularly, driver seat is just starting to look "broken in" at 30K. The rest look great except the passenger seat has a hand print on the leather that I've never been able to fully remove.

22000 got a stain on the headrest but I bought it that way and haven't taken the time to clean it yet hopefully it will come out

Ok so now I've owned my Fiesta for a few years. 2014 grey recaros bought in 2014. So far the seats are in great condition. I have some slight stains where I sit but that was a bad combo of gym time and heavy rains where I left the sun roof open.
I'll hit it up with my wet vac to really get at it soon but the leather has held out just fine. All you have to do is take care of it and your seats will last a long time.

Might be the wrong place but, I swapped my base seats for a pair of recaros from a wrecked fist. I cleaned em with a hot water extractor and the results are awesome looks wise. However I have an issue, had the same issue with my stock seats which is why I sought out the recaros. Does anyone else feel their seat is crooked/ leaning while sitting in it? I feel like I'm leaned towards the drivers window no matter how I adjust the seat \ like that vs |. My factory base seat had a cushion replaced under warranty because it turned out there was a tear in the cushion where I sat my bottom (they also told me there was a boot print underneath which they think happened during production. After that replacement it didn't correct it but atleast I wasn't sitting atop a metal bar digging in my hamstring. Now I've noticed I have a similar lean with the recaros, but it's a little better due to being able to shift myself to lean into a bolster to hold myself more vertical if that makes sense? Anyone experiencing anything similar?

18,xxx miles on mine. Noticing some creases in the left bolster. Anyone ever consider swapping the driver & passenger seat every now and then to avoid wearing out just 1 seat? I'm debating if it's worth the effort as I've never taken a seat out of a car before.

15k here. Still look great. Sprayed the fabric portion with a stain protection product that we are a rep for, sold through RV dealerships. Works like a charm so far. Just normal creases in the bolsters nothing im concerned about.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
To prevent wear on the upper part of the seat, grab the side bolster with your left hand, and slide your backside over the back of your hand instead of on the seat. This especially helps when getting in, when you'd otherwise be sliding all your weight against the seat. For the lower part of the seat, I don't have a method.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I used to use the door sill to lift myself up and over the high thigh bolster of my old Recaro SPD in my 4th gen Z28, and then gently lower myself onto the bottom cushion.

It did not help much though, since that $800.00 seat disintegrated before my very eyes in less than 3 years ANYWAY, and then they REFUSED to warranty it, or even sell me replacement covers/cushions (WHY I do not trust Recaro AT ALL now!). [mad]