Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Pumaspeed x-37 Hybrid Turbo Install and Review Thread

looks like a hybrid turbo install and dyno tune is gonna happen real soon for me....looking to have it done for the pikes peak airstrip attack! ....I need to get to the dealer to remove the mountune 215 tune.
bobn

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
looks like a hybrid turbo install and dyno tune is gonna happen real soon for me....looking to have it done for the pikes peak airstrip attack! ....I need to get to the dealer to remove the mountune 215 tune.
bobn
What setup are you going to do with? You have a mountune AP currently?

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
x 37 set up from adam at tune plus. local to me. currently have mountune 215 with the key to turn it into a 230. bob

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
you give mountune a couple of hundred bucks and they send you a download for your 215 tuner to up it to the 230. I have all the hardware for it but wish approx. 250 hp. so I have yet to download the upgrade, bob

FistSt215

I hear ya no money and PP credit through the roof lol. Give me a year or 2 and I'm all in haha

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I hear ya no money and PP credit through the roof lol. Give me a year or 2 and I'm all in haha
U don't even know dude, with out exchange we're even more f%##ked on this side, my turbo back cost me 1900$CAD all said and done, that's x-37 kind of money!

Have you thought about getting a ported manifold from sourskittle? Does this have better numbers and the same or better spool over the cyborg? I'm going to starry researching some, but curious why you decided on this? I think I'll be happy with the power this kit can do.

OP
B
Thread Starter #14
the biggest reason to go with this set up is my location. a couple of hour trip to a dyno facility with a fiesta experienced tuner cemented the deal. no trailering, no hotel stays, no risk of speed/reckless tickets for tuning files etc.
...the icing on the cake is remove and reinstall the physically identical unit. I can handle that myself. I hope to have the goodies tomorrow. bob

OP
B
Thread Starter #15
cobb acessport, gaskets, and hybrid turbo in my possession. thanks adam, bobn

car is in air, doubled jack stands. ha dyno info soon lol. bob

Rhinopolis

cobb acessport, gaskets, and hybrid turbo in my possession. thanks adam, bobn

car is in air, doubled jack stands. ha dyno info soon lol. bob
One of the points about this system that sold me (and perhaps it's all of the turbo upgrade systems offered that this will apply to) is that the X-37 turbo won't have to work as hard to make the power as the stock turbo does. A side effect of this and from what I understand, is that the engine won't heat up as quickly under boost as it does with the stock factory turbo.

I was concerned that a turbo upgrade and making more horsepower automatically meant that I would see an increase in engine temps, and as I currently understand things this won't be the case.

With the infrared oil temp reading per my Cobb AP, I currently see oil temps in the 196 F to 210 F range depending on how fast and hard I am driving at that time. I plan to datalog boost, charge air, coolant, and oil temps before and after install to see how the X-37 impacts the system and if it impacts it per the AP at all.

If I can operate the car with the X-37 as I do presently w/out having to upgrade to an aftermarket oil cooler, then I will be a happy driver thumbsup

OP
B
Thread Starter #17
downpipe is out. there is no freakin way I would just change the cat pipe. it aint worth the work. lots of good tools and prayers helped. coolant lines are next. not sure if I should drain the rad first. any next things to do would be helpful. thanks boyracer

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
downpipe is out. there is no freakin way I would just change the cat pipe. it aint worth the work. lots of good tools and prayers helped. coolant lines are next. not sure if I should drain the rad first. any next things to do would be helpful. thanks boyracer
No need to drain rad. Just have some extra to fill up the resivior. I also drained oil and started fresh when swapping out my turbo.

Another helpful tip. Put oil lines on while turbo is off the car. I tried putting the oil fittings on with the new turbo set in place and it was a bitch. Ended up ripping a gasket and car was down for another day.

OP
B
Thread Starter #19
thanks......do you happened to have the exhaust manifold to block torque? also the turbo to exhaust manifold would be helpful, thanks again, bob

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
thanks......do you happened to have the exhaust manifold to block torque? also the turbo to exhaust manifold would be helpful, thanks again, bob
No I don't.. I hate to say this because it'll probably upset some people but I don't torque every bolt. I just make them tight. Might want to ask around