Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hawk Pads

What's up my ST brotheren and sisteren? I just wanted to share some info about brake pads and, specifically, brake dust. I installed Hawk 5.0 pads on the front 5 days ago and so far, no brake dust to speak of. I have white Sparco wheels, so Oem pads were providing me with unneeded grief. When I bought the wheels, I knew I was going to replace pads due to the intense brake dust, worth it cuz I love the white wheels on my red FiST. As far as performance, they seem every bit as good as stock. Just wanted to share in case anyone was wondering.

Matt

me32

1000 Post Club
What's up my ST brotheren and sisteren? I just wanted to share some info about brake pads and, specifically, brake dust. I installed Hawk 5.0 pads on the front 5 days ago and so far, no brake dust to speak of. I have white Sparco wheels, so Oem pads were providing me with unneeded grief. When I bought the wheels, I knew I was going to replace pads due to the intense brake dust, worth it cuz I love the white wheels on my red FiST. As far as performance, they seem every bit as good as stock. Just wanted to share in case anyone was wondering.

Matt
Thank you. I think this might be the 1st feedback i have seen on the new hawk 5.0 pads for the st. Keep us updated as you put more miles on them

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
How is the low speed braking and do you have the same pedal feel? What about hard stops ? I love the stock pad for their stopping power as their are too many oblivious drivers that do not pay attention. I give enought clearance but too often I need to stop in a hurry.

I have a 2014. Stock pads were BITCHIN! But the ford replacement pads are embarrassing. I mean they stop me, but they have crazy shitty pedal feel...

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #6
Hey guys. I will give more feedback after I rack up some more miles. Honestly, they feel like the Oem pads as far as pedal feel. To bed them per Hawk instructions, I did six stops from 30-35 mph, medium pressure, then 3 stops from 40-45 full pressure. Those last 3 were neck snappers. Equal to if not better than stock. I guess I can say I am very confident with the stopping power they provide. So far very happy with them.

I just switched to the 5.0s as well and I actually like the OEM pedal feel a little better at first. I just did a track day at he Milwaukee mile yesterday and that finished breaking them in haha, they stop the car really well as the day went on and I didn't have any heat issues or a ton of dust, so far I'm pretty pleased.

me32

1000 Post Club
I have a 2014. Stock pads were BITCHIN! But the ford replacement pads are embarrassing. I mean they stop me, but they have crazy shitty pedal feel...
Are you sure they put the oem track pads back on? In 2015 they made 2 sets of pads. Original 2014 track pads and then all season 2015/16 pads that i guess give less brake dust.

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #10
So after a little over 2 weeks on these pads, here is another observation. Performance is as good or better than stock. Pedal feel is a bit less 'organic' for lack of a better term. It feels more solid, but with less feedback I guess. Brake dust is minimal and what does accumulate washes off very easy. Anyway, if you have lighter colored wheels, I recommend them and will be getting some for the rear now.

Edit: I don't track my FiST, but I did a fairly aggressive canyon run the other day. No issues.

So after a little over 2 weeks on these pads, here is another observation. Performance is as good or better than stock. Pedal feel is a bit less 'organic' for lack of a better term. It feels more solid, but with less feedback I guess. Brake dust is minimal and what does accumulate washes off very easy. Anyway, if you have lighter colored wheels, I recommend them and will be getting some for the rear now.

Edit: I don't track my FiST, but I did a fairly aggressive canyon run the other day. No issues.
Thanks, very informative. Where did you buy the Hawk pads?

Thanks for the review. I have a set sitting in the box, I'm trying to get some more life out of the OE pads. They hawk should go on within the next 2-3 weeks. Now, I am definitly looking foward to it.

me32

1000 Post Club
I just switched to the 5.0s as well and I actually like the OEM pedal feel a little better at first. I just did a track day at he Milwaukee mile yesterday and that finished breaking them in haha, they stop the car really well as the day went on and I didn't have any heat issues or a ton of dust, so far I'm pretty pleased.

Good to hear that

Are you sure they put the oem track pads back on? In 2015 they made 2 sets of pads. Original 2014 track pads and then all season 2015/16 pads that i guess give less brake dust.
Is there a parts number difference?

Is there a parts number difference?