Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ Induction Hose Pre-Sale

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I hate to say it but it sure looks like they are having serious management problems at Mishimoto. Does marketing not talk to production? Since the actual induction hose is not being modified it would seem the the problem is the "adapter". Now is the problem delivery or Check Engine Light?....less than 2 weeks ago they assured us they would be shipped on July, 18! When will the people waiting for the part be told they are not? The 18th was yesterday and they just found out they would not be shipping them yesterday? Really?

Any Ford folks out there that could see if we can purchase the Ford part numbered adapter that is glued to the factory intake? Then we all could use any existing intake hoses!

I had a conversation a while back about a 2016 intake hose with Mountune and it was said to be a "few months" in the future. I am quickly losing respect for Mishimoto with this fiasco especially with forum members making it work with auto part store pieces. It would seem to be an easy job for a company in this business to produce and test something BEFORE they sell it! Something a business owner must understand if they plan on staying in business is don't make promises you can't keep. Selling something you don't have is not a wise long range marketing plan, it is a plan to fail.

Seriously I don't understand the hate. I get the frustration with delay but seriously, berating Mishimoto isn't going to make things move any faster and in all likelihood will leave a bad impression of the community. If people want more part to be developed for this platform, patients is needed. Delays happen. I myself have been without my FiST for a month because of a third parties supply issues. Whoever wants to go to auto zone and "make it work" is free to do so. Meanwhile, I'm over here just happy as a clam that I might get a couple more weeks to order. And maybe, just maybe [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] will come through and give me a cool birthday present in early August.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Is there any info about shipping being pushed back? [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Since the actual induction hose is not being modified it would seem the the problem is the "adapter". Now is the problem delivery or Check Engine Light?
Their complete '16 CAI is showing in stock and it appears as though it uses the same evap. can. adaptor.

It would be nice if Mishimoto was as transparent about their shipping delays as they are about their engineering process. In my experience customers respect a sincere mea culpa.

Bluedrank

My God. I put my order in so long ago. Mine was probably one of the first 1 or 2 orders for this part. Since then, they've literally had no communication. If I wasn't tracking this thread I'd be completely in the dark. They really need to send out an email to all of the buyers and say something. This is my first time buying from Mishimoto, and this isn't a very good first impression.

Personally I'm considering just cancelling the order and revisiting the part in a few months.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The frustration is warranted. The problem is that mishi is late almost every time with these pre-orders. And every time, they do a poor job of communicating it. Then she posts after a long silence to apologize and then does the exact same thing again for the next pre-order. You'd think we, as community, would learn by now to either not partake in these pre-order stunts or understand that your money will be held for an undetermined amount of time. I've personally taken to ignoring Mishi for this and other reasons i won't sully this thread with. Good luck to you all. You WILL get your parts though...eventually.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It is the "maybe, just maybe" part that is the problem. It's not "hate" is is frustration at a business that is quick to book orders for a product they don't have yet.....I will give them 1 more chance and like baseball they will have their three strikes if they miss the third shipping date. Nor does this excuse a company that does not communicate or be honest up front about these delays. So no, I am well less than pleased with Mishimotos' business practices. I was a business owner for over 30 years and can assure you I am not used to this type of business practices. When I ordered the hose I was under the impression they had already designed, tested and produced the part and was simply waiting for their first shipment. Then we find out that they have not even tested a prototype yet much less gone into the manufacturing phase........I will not accept this as the normal business practice. My business would have failed quickly if I took pre-orders for a "vision". I would hope everyone would refuse to condone business practices like this since I have used other suppliers on this Forum and had outstanding service and customer care. So in comparison to their competition, yes indeed they are at the bottom of my list of suppliers at this point.

From many years of doing corporate training for some of the largest companies in the world in management and customer satisfaction skills I will also assure you this is not common business practices. This is demonstrative of a marketing driven company with little concern for long term customer commitments or a company without adequate upper management oversight. How many readers are looking at this thread wondering what is going on like the rest of us? I for one will think long and hard about supporting them in the future and will definitely not get involved in one of their pre-order deals again. So again, I don't "hate" them, they have not ripped me off or damaged me in any way to give reason to "hate" them. But on the other hand they have done nothing to give me reason to respect them at this point either.

Which is why my Training business taught corporations to not make promises they cannot keep and to communicate to their customers. The two main reasons for customer complaints in industry. It amazed me at times what companies would pay for this training on what I would consider to be common business sense.

Would you order a new car knowing up front it had not been designed or even tested yet? Had they stated that they were selling an idea it would be one thing, but the implication was they had a product to sell. They obviously don't. So I will keep my order active and as you said "maybe, just maybe" they will actually ship one. But I will continue to hope Mountune gets one out that will not cause problems with warranty issues as technically this will modify the factory emissions equipment. The plug and play aspect was the reason for ordering so I would not have to modify anything and could easily "unplug" it.

Bluedrank

It is the "maybe, just maybe" part that is the problem. It's not "hate" is is frustration at a business that is quick to book orders for a product they don't have yet.....I will give them 1 more chance and like baseball they will have their three strikes if they miss the third shipping date. Nor does this excuse a company that does not communicate or be honest up front about these delays. So no, I am well less than pleased with Mishimotos' business practices. I was a business owner for over 30 years and can assure you I am not used to this type of business practices. When I ordered the hose I was under the impression they had already designed, tested and produced the part and was simply waiting for their first shipment. Then we find out that they have not even tested a prototype yet much less gone into the manufacturing phase........I will not accept this as the normal business practice. My business would have failed quickly if I took pre-orders for a "vision". I would hope everyone would refuse to condone business practices like this since I have used other suppliers on this Forum and had outstanding service and customer care. So in comparison to their competition, yes indeed they are at the bottom of my list of suppliers at this point.

From many years of doing corporate training for some of the largest companies in the world in management and customer satisfaction skills I will also assure you this is not common business practices. This is demonstrative of a marketing driven company with little concern for long term customer commitments or a company without adequate upper management oversight. How many readers are looking at this thread wondering what is going on like the rest of us? I for one will think long and hard about supporting them in the future and will definitely not get involved in one of their pre-order deals again. So again, I don't "hate" them, they have not ripped me off or damaged me in any way to give reason to "hate" them. But on the other hand they have done nothing to give me reason to respect them at this point either.

Which is why my Training business taught corporations to not make promises they cannot keep and to communicate to their customers. The two main reasons for customer complaints in industry. It amazed me at times what companies would pay for this training on what I would consider to be common business sense.

Would you order a new car knowing up front it had not been designed or even tested yet? Had they stated that they were selling an idea it would be one thing, but the implication was they had a product to sell. They obviously don't. So I will keep my order active and as you said "maybe, just maybe" they will actually ship one. But I will continue to hope Mountune gets one out that will not cause problems with warranty issues as technically this will modify the factory emissions equipment. The plug and play aspect was the reason for ordering so I would not have to modify anything and could easily "unplug" it.
I agree with you. If august 5th rolls around and we don't have shipping labels created, well I'm cancelling my order for sure.

At this point, I'd never pre-order with them again. Regardless of the part, I won't encourage this behavior.

Now if they miss a 3rd shipping date, well it's quite simple. I'll never even consider buying a part from them ever again.

They really need to send an email to people who've ordered this part.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Bluedrank.......I agree with you. Once has been enough for me, this will be the first and last time dealing with them. There are too many good suppliers on this forum to support the bad actors! Going to check on the status of the Mountune part later today, was told a while back it was under development. At least they don't sell things before they even produce them, so if they are close to releasing them I will pull my order.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What's really frustrating is that Sara @ Mishimoto is watching all of this and can't take the time to chime in, even if it's just to offer that they're having supplier issues, need to allocate a limited number of eval. can. adaptors to the more profitable CAI, or whatever. The silence is really disrespectful to those of use who made a commitment to Mishimoto by placing a pre-order.

Bluedrank

What's really frustrating is that Sara @ Mishimoto is watching all of this and can't take the time to chime in, even if it's just to offer that they're having supplier issues, need to allocate a limited number of eval. can. adaptors to the more profitable CAI, or whatever. The silence is really disrespectful to those of use who made a commitment to Mishimoto by placing a pre-order.
Yep

An additional discount for the poor communication and delay should be warranted

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
FYI:

Jarret Harris: That item was scheduled to go off Pre-Sale on Monday as they are scheduled to arrive at the warehouse this week
Jeff Lyon: so you expect to ship late this week or early next week?
Jarret Harris: Once they are sorted and received you will receive an email with tracking number
Jeff Lyon: ok, thx
Jarret Harris: No problem
Jarret Harris: Is there anything else I can help with via Live Chat today?
Jeff Lyon: well, you might ask Sara to update the Fiesta ST forum with the revised shipping date, as there's a collection of pissed off folks over there...
Jarret Harris: I will do for sure JeffThank you for that update