Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

TempeST

I'll guarantee you the "loud noise you hear" is the Stock BPV. Its not the WGA. Mine is super loud and annoying. I cant wait to get my new kit on ASAP

The internal wastegate recycles the exhaust gases back into the downpipe, I'm not sure what you are hearing but it is for sure not my upgraded actuator ;) haha.
It's not a tune + actuator it's a turbosmart but then again the stock one made it sound the same.
I'll guarantee you the "loud noise you hear" is the Stock BPV. Its not the WGA. Mine is super loud and annoying. I cant wait to get my new kit on ASAP
It's not because my mine is blanked off. Maybe that's what the sound is. I run a turbosmart bov.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TempeST

Is your TS bov a recirculating? the 2J intake amplifies that sound. mine literally went away when I had an external DV. but changed back because I sold some stuff and am going with a different setup and when I changed back to the stock one it was insanely loud again.

Is your TS bov a recirculating? the 2J intake amplifies that sound. mine literally went away when I had an external DV. but changed back because I sold some stuff and am going with a different setup and when I changed back to the stock one it was insanely loud again.
No my turbosmart is vta and I do have the 2jr intake also. It scares the shit out of people if I build boost and left off throttle next to a car.

TempeST

Welp, idk what it is then. Mine is just stupid loud and I cant wait to change it back to a VTA one. yeah they are really loud. I had the Synapse DV on mine and it was the same way. I miss that thing. and never should have gotten rid of it. but my new Kit has an integrated BOV, hopefully it isn't as loud as the stock one.

Welp, idk what it is then. Mine is just stupid loud and I cant wait to change it back to a VTA one. yeah they are really loud. I had the Synapse DV on mine and it was the same way. I miss that thing. and never should have gotten rid of it. but my new Kit has an integrated BOV, hopefully it isn't as loud as the stock one.
Lol it's crazy cuz my Dyno run he revs up a few times and all u hear is bov sound. Lol I'll record a clip.

OP
M
Thread Starter #89
Added this to the original post:

Latest E30 log vs. my best E30 stock turbo / bolt on vDyno pull. Only change was the turbo itself, and the tune obviously. Notice towards the upper RPM range there's almost an 80whp gain. The stock turbo pull was done in around 15 degree cooler temperatures a few months back, while the X37 pull saw charge temps over 100 degrees with June humidity. I am impressed.

Pete

Added this to the original post:

Best E30 pull so far vs. my best E30 stock turbo / bolt on pull. Only change was the turbo itself, and the tune obviously. Notice towards the upper RPM range there's almost an 80whp gain. The stock turbo pull was done in around 15 degree cooler temperatures a few months back, while the X37 pull saw charge temps over 100 degrees with June humidity. I am impressed.
That is pretty amazing and the torque curve is moved just a tiny bit over. A good trade off if I saw one. Do you think it is possible to run the car to 7,500 rpm as it doesn't look like power is falling off?

OP
M
Thread Starter #92
Not sure, that'd be a question for Adam. It should hold boost up top even better once I add the stiffer wastegate actuator spring, but I'm not sure what the safe RPM limit is for this engine.

One thing to also keep in mind is how stressful higher RPM shifting is on the transmission synchros. That in mind, coupled with the impressive mid range power of this turbo, I have no desire to spin the engine higher than 7,000.

Pete

Not sure, that'd be a question for Adam. It should hold boost up top even better once I add the stiffer wastegate actuator spring, but I'm not sure what the safe RPM limit is for this engine.

One thing to also keep in mind is how stressful higher RPM shifting is on the transmission synchros. That in mind, coupled with the impressive mid range power of this turbo, I have no desire to spin the engine higher than 7,000.
Very true, I am thinking for my track days have a slot to allow higher rpm. I know Russ from DHM has his quickspool turbos rev to 7,700 without changing the internals and there hasn't been an issue yet.

Yeah my syncro is gone from exactly that. That valve train cannot handle that for a prolonged amount of time either.

Pete

Yeah my syncro is gone from exactly that. That valve train cannot handle that for a prolonged amount of time either.

Are you flat foot shifting? As on a road course I do not use that feature for longevity. What transmission oil are you using john?

Are you flat foot shifting? As on a road course I do not use that feature for longevity. What transmission oil are you using john?
The stock oil and it's also because I have a stage 3 clutch and the 1 2 shift at the drag strip rips super hard. Be warned. Transmission work is next for me or better syncro.

Pete

The stock oil and it's also because I have a stage 3 clutch and the 1 2 shift at the drag strip rips super hard. Be warned. Transmission work is next for me or better syncro.

How many miles on the engine/trans? I try and change my trans fluid every 20,000 miles (my next change is coming up in 500 miles) I use royal purple synchromesh. Haven't had issues yet, but I am still on the stock turbo currently running e40

That is pretty amazing and the torque curve is moved just a tiny bit over. A good trade off if I saw one. Do you think it is possible to run the car to 7,500 rpm as it doesn't look like power is falling off?
I rev the car to 7,300rpm max, anything higher you will run into issues.

His car has a small taper in power up top because he is using a lighter spring in the actuator. I just shipped out 4 turbo's today all with my upgraded actuator pre-installed and pre-loaded exactly how I prefer to hold boost all the way to redline. MS67's car is about 3-4psi short up top compared to the other cars I tune, which is where the big power comes in. On MS67's car I have the timing coming up when boost comes down to make up for some of the power. If we can get the boost and some good timing in there it would break 290whp.