Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

antarctica24

My X37 will be arriving tomorrow! I plan on doing the install myself this weekend. First time ever doing something this complicated, but between MS67's very detailed post and sourskittles guide, I think it will be easily doable. I did the intercooler and DP myself, can't stop there!

Adam, plan on me shipping my core back sometime next week.

Can someone confirm the exact size of the downpipe/turbine housing bolts? I want to get some backups.
Hey can you post pictures of your packaging of your x37?

Rhinopolis

[MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]

What is your suggested tuning path once the X37 is installed? I have been running E30 and nothing else for two months, and I plan to fill up with fresh fuel prior to starting my install.

Do you suggest that we tune off of E30 from the get go, or should I fill up with 93 and use that as a baseline to start the process?

Thank you,

OP
M
Thread Starter #123
I asked Adam this same question and he told me it does not matter what fuel you start with.

I prefer to start with 93, because I know once I have E30 in there, I will never want to switch back to 93 unless I absolutely have to.

Rhinopolis

I don't want to ever switch...lol, and before I blend on my next fill up I wanted to get his opinion. E30 it it is [rockon]

PS: I bought a GoPro yesterday and will be making videos. I plan to make one and datalog on stock turbo E30 early tomorrow morning 5:30am before the heat sets in. This way I can have a summer temps apples to apples comparo before and after the X37.

Rhinopolis

One other thing, car will definitely be done before next weekend. Cars and Coffee is happening in Houston July 2cd at Memorial City Mall and I can't allow the Mustangs to be the only cars doing "awesome" exits. No crashes though, and perhaps just a little smoky with turbo noises

haste

1000 Post Club
Nice. I was hoping to get mine installed before the holiday weekend, too. But alas, mine has not shipped yet. [poke]

I have tons of datalogs/vdynos with the stock turbo and my current bolt-on setup, so I'll have a good comparison from stock to X-37.

[MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]

What is your suggested tuning path once the X37 is installed? I have been running E30 and nothing else for two months, and I plan to fill up with fresh fuel prior to starting my install.

Do you suggest that we tune off of E30 from the get go, or should I fill up with 93 and use that as a baseline to start the process?

Thank you,
I asked Adam this same question and he told me it does not matter what fuel you start with.

I prefer to start with 93, because I know once I have E30 in there, I will never want to switch back to 93 unless I absolutely have to.
If the customer wants a pump gas and E30 tune I always ask to start with pump gas. Makes it much easier to make the E30 tune, rather than going the other way.

Nice. I was hoping to get mine installed before the holiday weekend, too. But alas, mine has not shipped yet. [poke]

I have tons of datalogs/vdynos with the stock turbo and my current bolt-on setup, so I'll have a good comparison from stock to X-37.
Stuck in customs, shit is going down in the UK right now and my last shipment and this shipment both were held!

Here you go, so you can keep a look - http://www.dhl.co.uk/content/gb/en/express/tracking.shtml?AWB=9117252546&brand=DHL

Just wrapped up another X37 car. It's a thing of beauty...

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
This is the sort of communication that is appreciated and noticed by not only the involved customers but those who view the thread. I worked in inside sales for years and communication is key when trying to satisfy customers and having the information forwarded as soon as it was available is the 'secret'.

Keep it up - the tuning and the customer service. I hope you don't get overwhelmed as your business grows. That's the hardest part.

With the X37 damn near selling itself, you'll be seeing my money at some point.

This is the sort of communication that is appreciated and noticed by not only the involved customers but those who view the thread. I worked in inside sales for years and communication is key when trying to satisfy customers and having the information forwarded as soon as it was available is the 'secret'.

Keep it up - the tuning and the customer service. I hope you don't get overwhelmed as your business grows. That's the hardest part.

With the X37 damn near selling itself, you'll be seeing my money at some point.
Thank you, I appreciate it. It's a shame another vendor is starting to get a little sour.

haste

1000 Post Club
Yarp, I kinda figured with the whole Brits wanting to leave the EU was affecting things...appreciate the link, Tune+!

The car is still fun to drive as is, I think I can live without the X-37 until the time comes. [driving]

Did the turbo swap yesterday. Went pretty smoothly for the majority of the process. I did the entire swap + spark plugs start to finish in about 6 hours, including a home depot run and taking a few breaks. I have never done anything this complicated before but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Like people have said, if you can do the downpipe, you can do this.

Even with just the initial tune, I can already feel that the car has more power in the upper RPM. No more wheezing and coughing for breath like the stocker. I can only imagine what it's going to be like after a few more revisions with Adam. Hope I don't get myself in trouble :)

Rhinopolis

Adam is responsive to say the least. He quick shipped the gaskets left out of the X37's he sent last week, and I received my gaskets today. I plan to start my install after work tomorrow evening. I am also installing a MAP catted DP with my X37, and had planned on installing the DHM crashbar at the same time too. The DHM hasn't arrived yet, and I'll get to that one another time. I want to be X37 tuned and ready by this coming weekend and in time for Cars & Coffee July 2cd.

Yea, it really is a simple install. Might look really complex but as soon as you start removing some components you realize how simple it actually is.

Hey Adam, any idea how long DHL is going to take? Took a ride in a x37 the other day and now I'm getting a lil excited. Can't wait to have that power in my hands. I imagine it could be a while but wanted to see if you had heard anything. Keep up the good info on this post people. I appreciate it.

Hey Adam, any idea how long DHL is going to take? Took a ride in a x37 the other day and now I'm getting a lil excited. Can't wait to have that power in my hands. I imagine it could be a while but wanted to see if you had heard anything. Keep up the good info on this post people. I appreciate it.
Sent you the tracking link via email!

Thanks.

Rhinopolis

I installed my X37 plus MAP catted DP today. I need to buy some coolant to replace what was lost, and I'll test drive tomorrow and start my 1st datalog for adjustment on Wed.

It wasn't bad at all, and my only advice is don't be dumbass like me and think that your stock manifold is cracked and needs to replaced. It comes split on both sides on purpose FYI...lol [ridinghorse]