Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

I have no doubt you'll love it. After installing X37, when going WOT it feels like a whole different car compared to stage 3/anything less. Really does pull like a freight train compared to before. My buddy with a FBO ecoboost Mustang(93) says my car(e30) feels faster than his.

I have no doubt you'll love it. After installing X37, when going WOT it feels like a whole different car compared to stage 3/anything less. Really does pull like a freight train compared to before. My buddy with a FBO ecoboost Mustang(93) says my car(e30) feels faster than his.
Yep I'm really looking forward to installing it... just waiting for a 4 day weekend in case I run into issues.

pwnall1337

Vendor
If anyone is having a problem getting their hands on an x47r feel free to reach out I'm a retailer for pumaspeed.

pumaspeed x47r coolant leak

That was my first thought, but they are definitely not the culprit. It looks to be from the plugs on the opposite side of the banjos, but the plugs appear tight and have crush washers. I'll find out when I get home from work and pull the turbo again.
Did you find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem on my x47r.

The coolant seems to be coming from the plug side of the turbo. Everything is nice and dry where the coolant lines feed in but it is leaking pretty steadily from the opposite side of the turbo where those plugs are, especially when the car warms up.

Did you find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem on my x47r.

The coolant seems to be coming from the plug side of the turbo. Everything is nice and dry where the coolant lines feed in but it is leaking pretty steadily from the opposite side of the turbo where those plugs are, especially when the car warms up.
Those plugs were not tight enough and had to be tightened.
I even went back through my emails with Tune+.
He helped me troubleshoot, and they simply didn't ship tight enough.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
My X37 was doing the same thing, just replaced them with oem parts. Pumaspeed QC is total shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
Is x37 still being produced? 250/260whp is plenty for my goals. Will probably perform turbo upgrade next summer

CSM

1000 Post Club

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Maybe we can get Tim to chime in here from Pwnall but he was the one that said on a thread on Facebook that the x37 was being discontinued. Hence why I came here to ask the question on this thread....
The opposite, actually; due to popular demand, they had actually been brought back... Now, with specials on the x47r's and their almost imperceptible 300 rpm higher spool time, is the x37 a good buy/choice? Well, if you have already decided you want the absolute quickest spool time possible then yeah, x37... hell, just swapping out for the bigger inlet added a bit of spool tine on the stock turbo and it's actually very nice for daily driving by smoothing out the torque curve.

CSM

1000 Post Club
The opposite, actually; due to popular demand, they had actually been brought back... Now, with specials on the x47r's and their almost imperceptible 300 rpm higher spool time, is the x37 a good buy/choice? Well, if you have already decided you want the absolute quickest spool time possible then yeah, x37... hell, just swapping out for the bigger inlet added a bit of spool tine on the stock turbo and it's actually very nice for daily driving by smoothing out the torque curve.
Good points. I've been wanting the X37 from two standpoints: 1) low cost and 2) reliability. Its one of the cheaper turbo upgrades out there that allows me to use some existing mods (like my boomba recirculating BPV) and I figured it's been around for a long time so its reliability has been proven. I don't intend on pushing the turbo to the limits, like I said 250/260whp is more than enough for me

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Good points. I've been wanting the X37 from two standpoints: 1) low cost and 2) reliability. Its one of the cheaper turbo upgrades out there that allows me to use some existing mods (like my boomba recirculating BPV) and I figured it's been around for a long time so its reliability has been proven. I don't intend on pushing the turbo to the limits, like I said 250/260whp is more than enough for me
X47r is actually cheaper right now and will provide a little more top end.... $2k+ with required supporting mods is a lot to spend for 20-30hp over stock, may as well take the additional overhead for less with the x47r over older tech and lower limits, I think the x47r with conservative tune will actually be more reliable but it's really a coin toss.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Coming from a guy that will probably never upgrade the turbo. The x-37 seems like a great option because you never have to worry about upgrading the fuel system. You can obviously run the x-47 on the stock fuel system no problem, but if you wanted to you could push it harder to the point of needing auxiliary fuel especially if you're going to run E blends. x-37 intercooler, tune and done.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Coming from a guy that will probably never upgrade the turbo. The x-37 seems like a great option because you never have to worry about upgrading the fuel system. You can obviously run the x-47 on the stock fuel system no problem, but if you wanted to you could push it harder to the point of needing auxiliary fuel especially if you're going to run E blends. x-37 intercooler, tune and done.
Are you starting shit about me yet again for no reason? First, you don't even know my plans, in fact I've done the mods to support a hybrid and have done a lot of research on which direction I'm going to go. Just because it's possible to max out the stock fueling system using e30 on an x47 doesn't make the x37 automatically the best choice. You never have to worry about upgrading the fuel system on an x47 either, it's called a regular pump fuel tune and will make more power for less, on stock fuel, than an x37 that is older and less efficient. So in your attempt to harass me yet again, you can't even make any sense... Why don't you find another hobby other than try to tear me down every time you don't agree with me? You remind of those dumb rednecks who have nothing better to do than roll coal over Prius's or park in the electric car parking spots...

Are you starting shit about me yet again for no reason? First, you don't even know my plans, in fact I've done the mods to support a hybrid and have done a lot of research on which direction I'm going to go. Just because it's possible to max out the stock fueling system using e30 on an x47 doesn't make the x37 automatically the best choice. You never have to worry about upgrading the fuel system on an x47 either, it's called a regular pump fuel tune and will make more power for less, on stock fuel, than an x37 that is older and less efficient. So in your attempt to harass me yet again, you can't even make any sense... Why don't you find another hobby other than try to tear me down every time you don't agree with me? You remind of those dumb rednecks who have nothing better to do than roll coal over Prius's or park in the electric car parking spots...
Maybe he was talking about himself…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
I read it as he was talking about himself, seemed pretty obvious.

I’m a redneck. Maybe.