Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
can you run a OTS tune on this turbo if you don't have a base map as long as you don't go WOT. I mean its the same turbo, just different internals, and same fueling system, you're not upgrading injectors, changing to a larger fuel pump or putting a massive turbo on it. I saw [MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION] did this for 100 miles?
I would Pussy foot it around if it were me, I don't see why you wouldn't have a base map from your tuner already though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION] You had some pretty good dyno numbers. Idk I might just rock the stock air box and charge pipes for now. I'm putting this thing on hopefully this weekend, we installed my buddy's x47 last weekend and that got me wanting to put mine on.
You should be fine. May only limit you on the very top end if any. I have a friend's X47 to install whenever it gets here also. Interested to see where he dynos at then compared to me since it will be the same dyno.

can you run a OTS tune on this turbo if you don't have a base map as long as you don't go WOT. I mean its the same turbo, just different internals, and same fueling system, you're not upgrading injectors, changing to a larger fuel pump or putting a massive turbo on it. I saw [MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION] did this for 100 miles?
Should be fine, just try to stay out of boost.

[MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION] me as well. Hopefully i'll at least be able to keep up with him on e30. I think you have had the best numbers as far as e30. 290whp is awesome

[MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION] me as well. Hopefully i'll at least be able to keep up with him on e30. I think you have had the best numbers as far as e30. 290whp is awesome
I was able to walk a 3v mustang GT with full boltons and was neck and neck with a newer coyote GT so I'm happy with what the car can do for sure whether he's faster or not..... But I still won't like it if he's faster ; )

Had the chance to install my x37 that I bought from [MENTION=4398]MS67[/MENTION] awhile back ago. Installed my 2j downpipe as well, and the car sounds solid. I'm tuning with Alex from stratified and just on a base map, it's already putting a smile on my face. It's so smooth, but powerful, took my friend for a drive and he couldn't believe how smooth it was off just the base tune, that's a testament to alexs tuning abilities. Can't wait to get more 93oct revisions and tune on e30. It's crazy how the car now pulls all the way to 7000rpm. In second gear you can roll into it at 3 or 4K and it will fight for traction. The stratified traction control is flawless. I did a 4th gear pull and threw it on vydno, and it's showing 226hp and 256tq so far off of just the basemap at 22lbs. The power doesn't die off though it just keeps pullling, the hybrid turbos are a must, I'm very happy with my car at this point and am excited for what's coming.

Thank you [MENTION=4398]MS67[/MENTION] and alex@stratified.

Had the chance to install my x37 that I bought from [MENTION=4398]MS67[/MENTION] awhile back ago. Installed my 2j downpipe as well, and the car sounds solid. I'm tuning with Alex from stratified and just on a base map, it's already putting a smile on my face. It's so smooth, but powerful, took my friend for a drive and he couldn't believe how smooth it was off just the base tune, that's a testament to alexs tuning abilities. Can't wait to get more 93oct revisions and tune on e30. It's crazy how the car now pulls all the way to 7000rpm. In second gear you can roll into it at 3 or 4K and it will fight for traction. The stratified traction control is flawless. I did a 4th gear pull and threw it on vydno, and it's showing 226hp and 256tq so far off of just the basemap at 22lbs. The power doesn't die off though it just keeps pullling, the hybrid turbos are a must.
You will love E30!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Had the chance to install my x37 that I bought from [MENTION=4398]MS67[/MENTION] awhile back ago. Installed my 2j downpipe as well, and the car sounds solid. I'm tuning with Alex from stratified and just on a base map, it's already putting a smile on my face. It's so smooth, but powerful, took my friend for a drive and he couldn't believe how smooth it was off just the base tune, that's a testament to alexs tuning abilities. Can't wait to get more 93oct revisions and tune on e30. It's crazy how the car now pulls all the way to 7000rpm. In second gear you can roll into it at 3 or 4K and it will fight for traction. The stratified traction control is flawless. I did a 4th gear pull and threw it on vydno, and it's showing 226hp and 256tq so far off of just the basemap at 22lbs. The power doesn't die off though it just keeps pullling, the hybrid turbos are a must, I'm very happy with my car at this point and am excited for what's coming.

Thank you [MENTION=4398]MS67[/MENTION] and alex@stratified.
Great to hear man. Can't wait to get mine back from SourSkittle.

haste

1000 Post Club
My wife got a CEL this morning on the way to work. P2195 code. I drove the car home from her work and I can hear what sounds like an exhaust leak. The car seems to be running fine. I drove it Mon-Wed this week and got into boost plenty of times....
I got under the car and I see what looks like soot/residue on the turbine housing. I guess I'll be pulling the turbo off tomorrow to find out where the leak is...

haste

1000 Post Club
Is there supposed to be that gap between the housing and downpipe
The gap has been there since I installed it and there is no evidence of a leak. I believe the leak is from a different location. It looks like its between the turbine and compressor housing. Either way, I will see tomorrow.

You forgot to put in an O2 sensor? Haha just worked loose?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
The plug that came with pipe fell out, somehow. Luckily, a technician at the local ford dealership had a brand new O2 sensor I could use as a plug...it cost me $10. Problem fixed.

I really really hate to be this guy, but does anyone have the part numbers for the following seals/gaskets that I assume need to be replaced: (Side note, I am removing the turbo and manifold as one from the top, so I don't need to remove the downpipe totally).

-Exhaust manifold to cylinder head gasket
-Oil return line seal
-Oil return line seal to block/oil pan (if it exists)
-Exhaust Manifold to turbo gasket
-Crush Washers for Coolant lines
-Anything else I forgot

If something can get those part numbers that be awesome. I'll try to save this post and share it around when it comes up next.