Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

Had a quick second..
You don't need the manifold gasket if you're not removing it from the engine. I didn't.

You're the f*&king man haha. Thanks a lot. I'll be removing the exhaust manifold to pull the turbo and manifold together from the engine. Thanks again! I'll save this picture in case anyone else needs it.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I really really hate to be this guy, but does anyone have the part numbers for the following seals/gaskets that I assume need to be replaced: (Side note, I am removing the turbo and manifold as one from the top, so I don't need to remove the downpipe totally).

-Exhaust manifold to cylinder head gasket
-Oil return line seal
-Oil return line seal to block/oil pan (if it exists)
-Exhaust Manifold to turbo gasket
-Crush Washers for Coolant lines
-Anything else I forgot

If something can get those part numbers that be awesome. I'll try to save this post and share it around when it comes up next.
I posted them in the x47 thread

Sent from my CIA monitored device

[MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION] [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] Thanks a ton guys. Did you end up replacing the 4 crush washers on the coolant feed/return lines? I've seen some people replace them, others keep the original one's.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION] [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] Thanks a ton guys. Did you end up replacing the 4 crush washers on the coolant feed/return lines? I've seen some people replace them, others keep the original one's.
We ended u using the ones off the oem turbo, I would do it just as a precaution.

I used the original ones, but it would be a safe bet as he says to get them since you already know ahead of time to get them ordered. I had no problems however... ; )

Pulled up on a roush mustang last night hoping it was a 5.0 just to test where I'm at on my x37, Im only on a first revision, turns out it was a 2013 v6 with full boltons, bummer, anyway put it in 4th at 50mph, honked three times and pulled on him hard. we pull up to the next light and he goes that car is super quick man I was not expecting that at all. Can't wait to get this completely tuned and onto ethanol.

LILIKE16ST

Pulled up on a roush mustang last night hoping it was a 5.0 just to test where I'm at on my x37, Im only on a first revision, turns out it was a 2013 v6 with full boltons, bummer, anyway put it in 4th at 50mph, honked three times and pulled on him hard. we pull up to the next light and he goes that car is super quick man I was not expecting that at all. Can't wait to get this completely tuned and onto ethanol.
That is an awesome story sucks it wasn't a 5.0 I believe you could have held your own based on what happened with the FBO 3.7 assuming the coyote was stock. I can see how this would happen I am on the 91 octane livernois tune for winter running 93 fuel about to switch back to the 93 map and that's my only performance mod besides a k&n drop in with Intake mod and depo fmic and I was able to stay right with a mid 90s z28 lt1 camaro other day on a closed course in Mexico from about 70-120 4th through 5th. I even have my heavy stock rims on for winter not the team dynamics pro race 15x8s. I'm about to switch back to the 93 map and the 15s anytime now....not a huge difference but the car is a touch quicker in that configuration so I was proud of her all things considered. I didn't like my chances at that speed those fbodys are aerodynamic but I surprised myself. These cars surprise a lot of people on stock turbo and with a turbo upgrade I can imagine it does the same thing just a lot more so and to even faster cars. I can't wait to get an x37/x47. I plan for the x47 but it's still a ways off yet so we will see

Haha team dynamic 15x8s with bf Goodrich sport comp 2s are where it's at, that's my setup. I'm excited to see my setup vs my buddies x47. We are both tuning through Alex@stratified so we will see if I can at least keep up with him, we are going to be hurting feelings!

Butterybunz

Haha team dynamic 15x8s with bf Goodrich sport comp 2s are where it's at, that's my setup. I'm excited to see my setup vs my buddies x47. We are both tuning through Alex@stratified so we will see if I can at least keep up with him, we are going to be hurting feelings!
I would very much like to see the results!

LILIKE16ST

It's a great setup for sure. It's nice to gain an inch in width and save 7 lbs per rim without having to redrill to 4x100. It also looks dope imo everyone's has their opinion though some think going down in rim outside diameter automatically means it looks worse but I've educated a few around my small area that that isn't always the case most who see my setup say they think it looks better than stock even the ones who are normally on the bigger is better far as wheel crew lol

Did the install on my X37 last night while I was on third shift. I was able to do it from 1am-5am. Like half of that was dealing with the bitch of a heatshield. Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have removed both coolant lines and brackets before attempting to take off the heat shield. But whatever, all things considered the install wasn't too bad (was surprised at how little torque the manifold nuts take). Here's my first V-dyno of the base tune from DHM. Mods below...

Fully Ported and Polished X37 + Manifold.
CP-E Intake
Depo IC
Depo DP
CP-E Nexus Cat-back
205/50/15 Star Specs
93 Octane
DHM Rev 1

Both runs are same road back to back, different directions.

Latest V-dyno. A change to Adam's plugs and another revision put's me in the mid 260 whp range. Pretty happy with the ported and polished X37 so far. I'm fairly confident with a couple more changes I'll hit 270whp on pump with a basic X37 setup.

You should do a 4th gear pull and throw it on vdyno that will give you what you are actually at id say you are already over 270whp
I'll give it a try. I'd be very happy if I could hit 270 whp on pump with the X37. The spool is damn near stock and it has a meaty powerband for $500-600 less than a basic X47.

LILIKE16ST

I'll give it a try. I'd be very happy if I could hit 270 whp on pump with the X37. The spool is damn near stock and it has a meaty powerband for $500-600 less than a basic X47.
Pretty impressive that puts you within 10 horsepower give or take of what people are doing on pump with the x47. I wanna go x47 but the difference in price is making me question if I should just go x37 used lol. The performance isn't that far apart at all. It will be another year plus before I'm in the market for upgraded turbo so maybe x47 prices will fall some by then or more will be available used at decent prices.

I may have missed the info on this thread but is there any dyno numbers with the x37 on e30 with aux fuel?

I'm looking for this also. Wondering if it's worth the price of an aux kit/tuning.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk