Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

Pretty impressive that puts you within 10 horsepower give or take of what people are doing on pump with the x47. I wanna go x47 but the difference in price is making me question if I should just go x37 used lol. The performance isn't that far apart at all. It will be another year plus before I'm in the market for upgraded turbo so maybe x47 prices will fall some by then or more will be available used at decent prices.
For me I think the choice was simple. I could get a used X37 with a manifold and large inlet for $1000 picked up. A new X47 (Too new to find them used anywhere) would be $1,800 without shipping with the stock turbo inlet and stock wastegate. Fitted with both the larger inlet and new wastegate puts the X47 over $2,295 + shipping. So even with porting/polishing ($350 from SS, highly recommended) it was still nearly a 1,000 dollar delta between the two turbos for about 10whp. Is 10whp worth $1,000? To me it was not. Chances are the turbos will feel similar and they clearly perform about the same.

No hybrid turbo is going to make the car into a gaint killer. But they all make the car feel like it should have come from the factory. No longer do you get a single punch of power down ridiculously low, now the turbo hits hard at 2,800-3,000 RPM and says in boost all the way to redline. The X47 wasn't worth it for me but it all depends on the deal you can get and the build you want to do.

LILIKE16ST

I like your mods you have good taste lol. I'm with you on saving money. I like your Intake (probably the one I'm going with in conjunction with the big mouth snorkel) and I like your intercooler I have the same one great bang for the buck and so is the downpipe that's the one I plan on going with. It necks down to 2.5 which isn't a problem because I've read at this power level a 2.5 inch catback is fine and doesn't become a restriction until you pass 300 whp which the hybrid nor the fuel system will do anyways. It's nice to know these mods with a ported x37 is capable of over 270 whp on pump gas. That may very well be the direction I go. Giant killer no but when a fiesta with minimal money spent can hang with or even pull on new 5.0 mustangs and such that is very impressive to me. If it can do that imagine what it will do to older muscle cars that aren't built to the hilt. It's very impressive to me all the way around and combined with the backroad capabilities handling wise it can turn this little car to a mean machine on twisty backroads.

I like your mods you have good taste lol. I'm with you on saving money. I like your Intake (probably the one I'm going with in conjunction with the big mouth snorkel) and I like your intercooler I have the same one great bang for the buck and so is the downpipe that's the one I plan on going with. It necks down to 2.5 which isn't a problem because I've read at this power level a 2.5 inch catback is fine and doesn't become a restriction until you pass 300 whp which the hybrid nor the fuel system will do anyways. It's nice to know these mods with a ported x37 is capable of over 270 whp on pump gas. That may very well be the direction I go. Giant killer no but when a fiesta with minimal money spent can hang with or even pull on new 5.0 mustangs and such that is very impressive to me. If it can do that imagine what it will do to older muscle cars that aren't built to the hilt. It's very impressive to me all the way around and combined with the backroad capabilities handling wise it can turn this little car to a mean machine on twisty backroads.
Thanks for the kind words. I think the mods I have are all probably the best bang for buck parts available on the FiST today.

Intercooler: $330 shipped
DP: $180 Shipped
Intake: $400 Shipped
Cobb Accessport: $500 Shipped

Total Supporting without tuning: ~$900
Total Supporting Mods with tuning: $1,400

I.E. You can have a setup that can run with non-PP 5.0's for less than $2,500 all in after you add in a used hybrid turbo. That's where the value comes in. The parts are all quality and the car runs great for the same if not significantly less of what some people spend on basic FBO stock turbo setups. (Cobb's stage 3 package is $3000). I understand the people who throw tons of money at these things but I think they shine in the value department and that's how I chose to mod it. I'd highly recommend it, but again it's all about the deals you can find and what you want to do with the car.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give everyone an update regarding my X37. I have had the X37 on my Fiesta ST for almost a year now and it's been great. It's still running as strong as day 1. I usually run it on 91 octane but every now and then I'll throw the sweet sweet nectar of life in it...e30. Car still runs great. I'm at the 45k mile marker and everything is normal. I have some normal rattles and noises but nothing I can't live with. Anyone else out there running the x37 as long as me?

Side note, I almost got the x47, even Preordered it. Backed out of the purchase because I wasn't sold on the power levels they claimed. I'm still happy with my choice of sticking with the x37.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give everyone an update regarding my X37. I have had the X37 on my Fiesta ST for almost a year now and it's been great. It's still running as strong as day 1. I usually run it on 91 octane but every now and then I'll throw the sweet sweet nectar of life in it...e30. Car still runs great. I'm at the 45k mile marker and everything is normal. I have some normal rattles and noises but nothing I can't live with. Anyone else out there running the x37 as long as me?

Side note, I almost got the x47, even Preordered it. Backed out of the purchase because I wasn't sold on the power levels they claimed. I'm still happy with my choice of sticking with the x37.
I'm leaning towards the x37. I'm not that impressed with the x47.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
The x47 seems more prone to surging as well. I'm happy with the x37, like someone said, it won't make your car a slayer but it definitely gives it that missing edge.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

haste

1000 Post Club
10 months with my X-37, don't regret it for a second. The car is a joy to drive and brings a smile to my face. I've had it on the car for 12k miles without an issue other than losing a plug in my downpipe. :p

I just rolled over 47k miles on the odometer.

So I think I'm almost done with my 93oct tune. Here's my numbers so far, 3rd gear pull, if it was 4th gear you may be able to add 5 to 10hp onto both numbers since it's closer to a 1:1 ratio.

So I think I'm almost done with my 93oct tune. Here's my numbers so far, 3rd gear pull, if it was 4th gear you may be able to add 5 to 10hp onto both numbers since it's closer to a 1:1 ratio.

You are right where I was with 91 in 4th gear so very good and right where you should be! I added an exact 30hp/tq with E30.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

[MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION] if I can hit 290/300 on e30 I'll be pumped. I really can't wait to start tuning on ethanol.
The car feels like a beast on E30. More responsive and I couldn't believe how it pulls through 3-4th. When I addedy FS Werks cat back it did absolutely nothing on the dyno btw so unless you want some sound like I did save your money if you don't already have a system. I Already had a down pipe.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

[MENTION=1172]vegaspyder[/MENTION] if I can hit 290/300 on e30 I'll be pumped. I really can't wait to start tuning on ethanol.
Curve looks pretty healthy man.

I'll also butt in and say it's been 3-4 months with my X37 and I couldn't be happier. Starts up everyday, runs great, pulls good, spool fast, and hasn't had any huge scandals over it yet :)

haste

1000 Post Club
Almost 25k on my X-37...

Any ideas if/when I should get it rebuilt with new seals and bearings?